OT: Beirut Explosion

The first time I watched this I was watching a fire. What is the big deal with this video....

and then fackin’ BAM! That was insane. Feel for the people who are there, scary stuff.
Thats why it reminded me of ammonia nitrate. Ive been to bomb school in the past in New Mexico and on the last day we detonated 200lbs of it in an old chrysler mini van... there was nothing left of the car.

Same stuff used in OKC bombing except he used 3000lbs...

This happened years ago but was fertilizer in west Texas which has ammonia nitrate in it and fertilizer is an oxidizer too which can make it more volatile

Advertisement
Thats why it reminded me of ammonia nitrate. Ive been to bomb school in the past in New Mexico and on the last day we detonated 200lbs of it in an old chrysler mini van... there was nothing left of the car.

This happened years ago but was fertilizer in west Texas which has ammonia nitrate in it and fertilizer is an oxidizer too which can make it more volatile

McVeigh used 3,000 pounds? Holy crap. The one in Beruit was said to be 2,750. Amazing the dad and his daughter survived that blast in Texas.

Advertisement
I thought it was only 2 tonnes?
Nah, 2700-2750 based on various reports.

Screenshot_20200804-205228_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reminded me of OKC

Advertisement
Think they were involved in this? Honest question. Sure makes me wonder.
I highly doubt it, but if it was I guarantee you they notified and/or got permission from the U.S. based on a perceived threat to Israel. Even in incidents where its publicly known when the IDF engages in retaliatory strikes the U.S and some other major powers are notified before hand.

Advertisement
I highly doubt it, but if it was I guarantee you they notified and/or got permission from the U.S. based on a perceived threat to Israel. Even in incidents where its publicly known when the IDF engages in retaliatory strikes the U.S and some other major powers are notified before hand.
I don't know. Even Trump said it looked like an attack. Those weren't fireworks, and bombs don't go off by themselves.

Does it just “blowup” or does it need an ignition?

Advertisement
That's my point. Fuses don't light themselves. Someone knew that was there and lit the fuse, so to speak. Now, was it an accident, or on purpose?
Happened next to Armenian (Christian) district, but not a direct hit. Don’t know who would be motivated to take them out except maybe Sunnis, but that seems like a stretch and ISIS is taking off due to Covid lol

"Fire works Depot" not a chance my friend, fireworks don't explode in such fashion. That was likely core comments of explosives or explosives themselves...basically a munitions dump.

Yup, and I've been to the ME plenty, anything that pops or explodes is pretty hard for the general public to get their hands on in a quantity that would be stored in a visible warehouse that packs that kind of power. So fireworks they were not, but I knew that the second I saw that red plume.

Advertisement
Back