OT: Beirut Explosion

Advertisement
Supposedly a fireworks depot.

What happened?
PLO, ****es, Iran, Christian militias, and next door to Israel. Long term civil war over power with normal religious backdrop. Whole middle east is strange. A country can have Jews, Christians, Moslems or even different types of Moslems living next to each other for hundreds of years and then a match gets lit and it is bloody hatred. Pick a reason and a side but friends start killing each other. The big boys provide money and weapons because they see advantage or need to. It can, and maybe is about to happen here. If it does, the middle east will look like a summer social.

Different angle from the water (2nd tweet):

The shock wave may have killed people that weren’t close to the explosion, I can’t really guess what distance, but I would say if you were within 200 yards of that explosion you would probably die from the shockwave. Unless there’s a munitions expert here that can educate us.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Different angle from the water (2nd tweet):

The shock wave may have killed people that weren’t close to the explosion, I can’t really guess what distance, but I would say if you were within 200 yards of that explosion you would probably die from the shockwave. Unless there’s a munitions expert here that can educate us.

I'm no munitions expert, but I read there were homes damaged up to 10km (6 miles) away from the blast. Insane.

Thought I was watching a movie when I saw it at first. The buildings being thrusted into the air when the shock wave hit was nuts.

This is the craziest angle I've seen. Completely nuts. Sorry of this is a private page but I haven't seen this on another site.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back