OT: Barstool Big cheese Pizza review (heavy on canes material)

I agree....the small Pepperoni is the way to go....Curl up crispy....Love it
Interesting, it curls because it has cheep ingredients/casing. Good pepperoni won’t do that fwiw. It’s cool that you like the crispy flavor, but it’s a poorly made/inexpensive product. Pizza usually has the cheapest ingredients for toppings. Not a fan of cheep ham either.

Advertisement
Interesting, it curls because it has cheep ingredients/casing. Good pepperoni won’t do that fwiw. It’s cool that you like the crispy flavor, but it’s a poorly made/inexpensive product. Pizza usually has the cheapest ingredients for toppings. Not a fan of cheep ham either.
That's not true...they're called Roni-Cups (cup & char)...have taken over NYC Pizzerias and others....it has nothing to do with cheap ingredients whatsoever...its the type of casing that causes the curling affect (collagen casing)

That's not true...they're called Roni-Cups (cup & char)...have taken over NYC Pizzerias and others....it has nothing to do with cheap ingredients whatsoever...its the type of casing that causes the curling affect (collagen casing)
Yes cheep casing and yes the ingredients are cheep too. Respectfully I’m the category expert here. I love you passion for food and I know you were a chef. I almost didn’t post that, because I knew what you would say. I won’t argue it anymore. It’s not a quality product. There’s nothing wrong with that, but it’s not.

Used to go to Big Cheese a lot back in the 90’s with my brothers. There’s some better pizza joints around now these days, but sometimes I pop in there once in a blue moon just for the nostalgia and all the cane memorabilia.
there are better options out there than big cheese on a slice by itself, but putting the garlic knot mix on there is a game changer.

Advertisement
Yes cheep casing and yes the ingredients are cheep too. Respectfully I’m the category expert here. I love you passion for food and I know you were a chef. I almost didn’t post that, because I knew what you would say. I won’t argue it anymore. It’s not a quality product. There’s nothing wrong with that, but it’s not.
Lol at category expert....I've run several Pizzerias in my life...and im classically trained in ALL aspects of Italian cuisine....

I don’t know , it’s been so long since I had a good pizza sauce lol. Everywhere here sucks or has closed. I ate at place in I believe York, Pa years ago , can’t remember the name. But it was amazing , other than that it’s been years since I had a great sauce.
satchels in gainesville is prolly one of the best spots ive been to in the state. most of florida sucks for pizza

There is actually a restaurant in the Chicago burbs that offers both kinds (Pepperoni and Roni-Cups.)
Funny thing is, I first heard of the Roni-Cups at that place about a month ago. The waitress explained the difference just as you did.

Last edited:
Lol at category expert....I've run several Pizzerias in my life...and im classically trained in ALL aspects of Italian cuisine....
Ingredients: Pork, Beef, Salt, Contains 2% or less of Water, Dextrose, Spices, Lactic Acid Starter Culture, Sodium Ascorbate, Oleoresin of Paprika, Flavoring, Sodium Nitrite, Citric Acid, BHA, BHT, Beef Collagen Casing.

GARBAGE it’s literally a laundry list of garbage ingredients. Please stop

Advertisement
Ingredients: Pork, Beef, Salt, Contains 2% or less of Water, Dextrose, Spices, Lactic Acid Starter Culture, Sodium Ascorbate, Oleoresin of Paprika, Flavoring, Sodium Nitrite, Citric Acid, BHA, BHT, Beef Collagen Casing.

GARBAGE it’s literally a laundry list of garbage ingredients. Please stop
we cannot withstand internecine culinary wars from two authentic, very good and legitimate members/porsters* here. the board will crumble and curl like cheap pepperoni. por favor.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back