OT: Barstool Big cheese Pizza review (heavy on canes material)

By the slice only. The whole pie sucks for some reason but slices are good individually
the dough on whole pies are really chalky and caked in flour. the larger the pie, the less you taste it. but agreed, even a slice by itself tastes different from a slice from an XL pie, probably bc the reheat gives it the ideal crisp.

Advertisement
the dough on whole pies are really chalky and caked in flour. the larger the pie, the less you taste it. but agreed, even a slice by itself tastes different from a slice from an XL pie, probably bc the reheat gives it the ideal crisp.

Yeah, it's like that at a lot of places. You crisp up the crust and you add some freshly melted cheese on top, and it just comes out different than a slice you cut from a whole pie.

Barstool Sports dude is entertaining and I watch a lot of his pizza reviews. Fun stuff for the most part.

But I disagree with him on a lot of them. Especially here in Chicago. (Never been to Vito and Nicks though so that I cannot disagree with. I hear it is great.)

I also think the best part about Pizzas in Chicago (And in general) are the toppings. And he only eats cheese which to me is what a 5 year old does. I cannot take his reviews seriously without toppings.

Advertisement
Barstool Sports dude is entertaining and I watch a lot of his pizza reviews. Fun stuff for the most part.

But I disagree with him on a lot of them. Especially here in Chicago. (Never been to Vito and Nicks though so that I cannot disagree with. I hear it is great.)

I also think the best part about Pizzas in Chicago (And in general) are the toppings. And he only eats cheese which to me is what a 5 year old does. I cannot take his reviews seriously without toppings.
Toppings are how you cover up bad pizza.

You're back in town again?!
Yessir...till Saturday...doing an Artifact jaunt with 2 friends...then headed back to SW Fla

Dudes a foul mouthed clown....his reviews are horsesh*t....Lol at judging someones pizza....by only trying cheese....smh, I do realize he's doing a commendable thing, by helping struggling Pizzerias....but he's still a clown....and btw, Vito & Nicks was my favorite Chicago Pizza by far....

Advertisement
Bullsh!te. You're telling me a slice of sausage or a slice of pepperoni is just "cover up" for "bad pizza"? How stupid.
I get what he’s saying , toppings are fine but you judge a good pizza on quality dough , cheese and most importantly the sauce. If all three of those are quality the topping is just extra. It’s a good *** pizza.

Advertisement
I get what he’s saying , toppings are fine but you judge a good pizza on quality dough , cheese and most importantly the sauce. If all three of those are quality the topping is just extra. It’s a good *** pizza.

I get it, those three components are critical and are a part of ANY slice. But to say that throwing a couple of toppings on a slice are just a "cover" for "bad pizza" is ridiculous.

Every slice place I go, I start by trying two slices. One cheese, one sausage. If I like those, I can try other things. If they don't pass that first test, though, I never go back.

Yessir...till Saturday...doing an Artifact jaunt with 2 friends...then headed back to SW Fla

Dudes a foul mouthed clown....his reviews are horsesh*t....Lol at judging someones pizza....by only trying cheese....smh, I do realize he's doing a commendable thing, by helping struggling Pizzerias....but he's still a clown....and btw, Vito & Nicks was my favorite Chicago Pizza by far....
He doesn’t judge pizza on cheese , he just gets cheese because it’s basic and the fairest way to judge everyone the same. It actually makes a lot of sense to me. Then again I like Dave a lot, funny and entertaining. Him , Big Kat and sometimes pft are funny.

I get it, those three components are critical and are a part of ANY slice. But to say that throwing a couple of toppings on a slice are just a "cover" for "bad pizza" is ridiculous.

Every slice place I go, I start by trying two slices. One cheese, one sausage. If I like those, I can try other things. If they don't pass that first test, though, I never go back.
One time I’ll get pepperoni , one time it’ll be steak and green pepper or I’ll get a meat lover minus Italian sausage. I’m a big pizza guy there’s just no could spots in Gainesville. There’s a good spot in Alachua but it’s out of my way. Sauce is what I’m a fan of , I’m very picky and rarely have my skirt blown up by a good pizza sauce.

Advertisement
He doesn’t judge pizza on cheese , he just gets cheese because it’s basic and the fairest way to judge everyone the same. It actually makes a lot of sense to me. Then again I like Dave a lot, funny and entertaining. Him , Big Kat and sometimes pft are funny.
Yeah...but when he starts that "Its alittle Greasy BS, I cringe...its not grease....Whole Milk Mozz (by itself) will cause that.....You're supposed to use a blend of Mozz....Whole Milk and Low moisture (part skim) is the combo to use.....Oh yeah, he's from Boston as well....which I absolutely loathe...

One time I’ll get pepperoni , one time it’ll be steak and green pepper or I’ll get a meat lover minus Italian sausage. I’m a big pizza guy there’s just no could spots in Gainesville. There’s a good spot in Alachua but it’s out of my way. Sauce is what I’m a fan of , I’m very picky and rarely have my skirt blown up by a good pizza sauce.

In my ONE year in Hogtown, I liked Leonardo's 706, not sure if it is still there (I think there is another Leonardo's up in Millhopper). Also, have you been to Satchel's?

I think for a New York slice the standard is cheese. For chicago I think sausage is the standard and for detroit style I think pepperoni is the standard.

I get that going cheese only levels the playing field but there are too many other factors that aren’t equal (like whether his pizza has been sitting or whether they know he likes well done) to make it a must for his reviews. It does come across as 5-year-old style in that sense.

Where’s the best pizza sauce in your view?

Advertisement
Back