OT: Barstool Big cheese Pizza review (heavy on canes material)

Yeah...but when he starts that "Its alittle Greasy BS, I cringe...its not grease....Whole Milk Mozz (by itself) will cause that.....You're supposed to use a blend of Mozz....Whole Milk and Low moisture (part skim) is the combo to use.....Oh yeah, he's from Boston as well....which I absolutely loathe...
Watch the two reviews with him and Jon Taffer. Taffer just absolutely owns both reviews. It’s great to see.

Advertisement
Where’s the best pizza sauce in your view?
I don’t know , it’s been so long since I had a good pizza sauce lol. Everywhere here sucks or has closed. I ate at place in I believe York, Pa years ago , can’t remember the name. But it was amazing , other than that it’s been years since I had a great sauce.

I get what he’s saying , toppings are fine but you judge a good pizza on quality dough , cheese and most importantly the sauce. If all three of those are quality the topping is just extra. It’s a good *** pizza.
There's some secrets with making good dough and sauce....
#1....use real yeast (block form)
#2.....use Honey in your dough process...
#3.....Use quality tomato products...and NEVER cook your Pizza sauce...should be made with out heating...use a submersion blender to mix sauce thoroughly...(salt...Sugar) and easy on the Oregano....

In my ONE year in Hogtown, I liked Leonardo's 706, not sure if it is still there (I think there is another Leonardo's up in Millhopper). Also, have you been to Satchel's?
Satchels is the most overrated crap here and it’s expensive. A lot of weird hippie types there lol. I’d much rather drop 12 bones at five star than eat at Satchels.

Now Leonardo’s years ago was the bomb , then I ate there again years later and it was awful. They closed the one on university , I’m not sure if Millhopper is still open anymore.

There's some secrets with making good dough and sauce....
#1....use real yeast (block form)
#2.....use Honey in your dough process...
#3.....Use quality tomato products...and NEVER cook your Pizza sauce...should be made with out heating...use a submersion blender to mix sauce thoroughly...(salt...Sugar) and easy on the Oregano....
That’s interesting about the sauce , I’d never heard that. Maybe that explains why all the sauces I try suck.

If there’s some real Italian pizza owners / franchisees around send them my way , they’d own Gainesville. Worst pizza selection in history.

Advertisement
I love Big Cheese for the UM football memorabilia this is all over the walls. If they ever go out of business, I would not hesitate to make an offer on a lot of that stuff

Deep Dish or gtfoh. Fight me @Cribby @caneinorlando

And blood is drunk, so I can’t trust his assessment. Lol

Gotta find me a Russell, Michael Berrios jersey! If I can’t find Berrios, definitely looking for Jesse Omstead joint.

Advertisement
Satchels is the most overrated crap here and it’s expensive. A lot of weird hippie types there lol. I’d much rather drop 12 bones at five star than eat at Satchels.

Now Leonardo’s years ago was the bomb , then I ate there again years later and it was awful. They closed the one on university , I’m not sure if Millhopper is still open anymore.

Yeah, I didn't want to tout Satchel's too highly, some people love it, some people don't.

The Leonardo's on University was the "706" one, it was at 706 University. I liked that place, but I went there back in the 1990s.

That’s interesting about the sauce , I’d never heard that. Maybe that explains why all the sauces I try suck.

If there’s some real Italian pizza owners / franchisees around send them my way , they’d own Gainesville. Worst pizza selection in history.

Some of these NYC/NJ mobsters need to retire to Hogtown, they could rake in the (legitimate) cash from all the drunken Gaytors.

Advertisement
Yeah, I didn't want to tout Satchel's too highly, some people love it, some people don't.

The Leonardo's on University was the "706" one, it was at 706 University. I liked that place, but I went there back in the 1990s.
It was the bomb in the 90’s, I went back in the mid 2000’s and it didn’t look or taste the same. It was bad.

Deep Dish or gtfoh. Fight me @Cribby @caneinorlando

And blood is drunk, so I can’t trust his assessment. Lol

Gotta find me a Russell, Michael Berrios jersey! If I can’t find Berrios, definitely looking for Jesse Omstead joint.
I like pizza....period . NY pizza is my least favorite style but pizza is pizza. I like Chicago style a lot.

I like pizza....period . NY pizza is my least favorite style but pizza is pizza. I like Chicago style a lot.

My man!

This guy knows his chit, folks.

Now, if u can help ur boy out w/ one of dem, uh-ruh-um Michael Berrios jerseys.....

Advertisement
Used to go to Big Cheese a lot back in the 90’s with my brothers. There’s some better pizza joints around now these days, but sometimes I pop in there once in a blue moon just for the nostalgia and all the cane memorabilia.

up until a few years ago when the pizza became too salty, i had been going there since 1992, when they were across the street. i know both owners and that place isn't going out of business anytime soon. they do real well. cheap and decent food.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back