OT bag game

Advertisement
I got a question for you guys.
If you were a hs recruit, money at home is tight and you’re offered a 6 figure bag, could you really turn it down for the home team?

And if you did turn it down, why?

I honestly would take the bag
I probably would sit here and say go to UM but maybe if that were real I would take the bag NFL isnt guaranteed

If it’s the gators, fswho or Bama, I’d listen, then call the FBI.

Advertisement
The question to me is how many bags? I'm going to the school that fits me best over a one time payment.

Now drop me guaranteed bags consistently and I would be interested. 300k down. 45k year 2. 70k year 3. Take care of my vehicle.

One time payment is a joke and you can bet the bank it's a lot more advanced and sophisticated than that.

Agree one time bag is not good a deferred payment plan is the norm , colleges now have trained personnel for bag distribution. Keep in mind payments under $10K are very easy to absorb in anyone's daily life with the cost of living the way it is even when making payments on your new Mercedes or John Deer tractor whom you instantly qualified "sign and drive".
Bag can be brought to your door step by a simple knock , maim here's your newspaper found it in the bushes you open it and wallah an envelope just like the Christmas card the paper delivery service does each year but this is couple times month or so.

Trained baggets handle distribution very nonchalant.

GOCANES

Test case will be the LSU booster that admitted under oath to giving it to Vadal? I think his name is? 180k is a lot of money for the IRS to ignore, but I too would be surprised if they try to go after it.

Advertisement
Bottom line is we have to start doing this or well never be a top 10 team. only 10-25, which is still good. But Someone has to start coordinating this for our wealthy fans to participate in. I don't think we have to match UGA, BAMA, or Clemson, but getting even close to their offers could sway some kids to stay home.

Taking the bag and going where I want anyway. What are they going to do?
Those payments aren't up front.

In all seriousness, I would probably have a hard time turning down a huge sum of money. Especially if I was coming from a struggling household. It's easy to sit there as someone who never needed money and say "I'd never take a bag" but a lot of these guys don't have that luxury. Nothing is promised, sometimes you have to get what you can get right away.

I just snapped this pic in orlando. Looks like Nana getting bags too!! 😂 Her’s just comes with 4 wheels
B367F970-7CEF-46E7-B1C8-F02F8AAA1C65.jpeg

Advertisement
Agree one time bag is not good a deferred payment plan is the norm , colleges now have trained personnel for bag distribution. Keep in mind payments under $10K are very easy to absorb in anyone's daily life with the cost of living the way it is even when making payments on your new Mercedes or John Deer tractor whom you instantly qualified "sign and drive".
Bag can be brought to your door step by a simple knock , maim here's your newspaper found it in the bushes you open it and wallah an envelope just like the Christmas card the paper delivery service does each year but this is couple times month or so.

Trained baggets handle distribution very nonchalant.

GOCANES
Sounds like you have some hands on experience, on cars, tractors, and papers.............hmmmmmmmmm

Advertisement
Nobody in their right mind is turning down 100k tax free cash (provided you don't get caught).

It's the getting caught, as well as what you're giving up for said money—as nothing is free. Do you want to be indebted to somebody?

Tough call as all these kids think they're going to reach the NFL, despite the fact that the odds are in their favor and only a small percentage play the sport at its highest level.

For some, this might be the most money they ever come into in their lives and the only way to do right (financially) by their families.

Money argument aside, too many fans are blinded by their program loyalty and need to get a better understanding why some kids want to leave. Sure, in a lot of cases it's money—but there are probably 10x as many kids who simply want to leave town and to have a different experience.

Miami is a niche private school in a large, diverse metropolitan city—with nightlife, entertainment and pro sports franchises—whereas a lot of these kids love the premise of going to a college town where they will be king s**t on campus, the biggest show in town, playing in front of almost 100K fans per weekend and living a unique existence that is simply not possible at the University of Miami.

I lived in Tuscaloosa for a year and in Gainesville for two years. Having been born and raised in Miami, I wanted to get out of town at 18 and to see something different. Ultimately returned a few years later (relocating to the west coast a few years after that)—but the allure of not having a "Grade 13" experience and still being around one's home town makes sense, on some level. Especially for a college athlete who is going to be revered in a place line Baton Rouge, Columbus, Happy Valley, Ann Arbor, Athens, Clemson, et al.

Some kids are born in Miami and playing for UM is a no-brainer, sure-fire opportunity—Canes from day one and never looking back—while others choose UM after seeing what else is out there and the other contingent choose elsewhere, either chasing bag money or simply wanting a true college football experience they aren't going to get back home.

It's the getting caught, as well as what you're giving up for said money—as nothing is free. Do you want to be indebted to somebody?

Tough call as all these kids think they're going to reach the NFL, despite the fact that the odds are in their favor and only a small percentage play the sport at its highest level.

For some, this might be the most money they ever come into in their lives and the only way to do right (financially) by their families.

Money argument aside, too many fans are blinded by their program loyalty and need to get a better understanding why some kids want to leave. Sure, in a lot of cases kids simply want to leave town and to have a different experience, but there are probably 100x as many who want the money.

Miami is a niche private school in a large, diverse metropolitan city—with nightlife, entertainment and pro sports franchises—whereas a lot of these kids love the premise of going to a college town where they will be king s**t on campus, the biggest show in town, playing in front of almost 100K fans per weekend and living a unique existence that is simply not possible at the University of Miami.

I lived in Tuscaloosa for a year and in Gainesville for two years. Having been born and raised in Miami, I wanted to get out of town at 18 and to see something different. Ultimately returned a few years later (relocating to the west coast a few years after that)—but the allure of not having a "Grade 13" experience and still being around one's home town makes sense, on some level. Especially for a college athlete who is going to be revered in a place line Baton Rouge, Columbus, Happy Valley, Ann Arbor, Athens, Clemson, et al.

Some kids are born in Miami and playing for UM is a no-brainer, sure-fire opportunity—Canes from day one and never looking back—while others choose UM after seeing what else is out there and the other contingent choose elsewhere, either chasing bag money or simply wanting a true college football experience they aren't going to get back home.

FIFY

Advertisement
Back