OT bag game

jsy

Recruit
I got a question for you guys.
If you were a hs recruit, money at home is tight and you’re offered a 6 figure bag, could you really turn it down for the home team?

And if you did turn it down, why?

I honestly would take the bag

Advertisement
I got a question for you guys.
If you were a hs recruit, money at home is tight and you’re offered a 6 figure bag, could you really turn it down for the home team?

And if you did turn it down, why?

I honestly would take the bag

I would say the majority of us as die hard Canes fans would say **** no, but nothing worse than being strapped for cash and having a whole family to take care of. So In this message board room I’d say **** no, but if some dude came to my home with $100,000 grand I’m taking the bag.

Also don’t forget the majority of these kids like 96% don’t really watch or have a favorite team in college like us. It’s all fluff, I forgot the recruit but said LSU is dream school, dude probably saw Honey Badger play one game at LSU and liked the colors. These kids are fans like us.

The question to me is how many bags? I'm going to the school that fits me best over a one time payment.

Now drop me guaranteed bags consistently and I would be interested. 300k down. 45k year 2. 70k year 3. Take care of my vehicle.

One time payment is a joke and you can bet the bank it's a lot more advanced and sophisticated than that.

I would say the majority of us as die hard Canes fans would say **** no, but nothing worse than being strapped for cash and having a whole family to take care of. So In this message board room I’d say **** no, but if some dude came to my home with $100,000 grand I’m taking the bag.

Also don’t forget the majority of these kids like 96% don’t really watch or have a favorite team in college like us. It’s all fluff, I forgot the recruit but said LSU is dream school, dude probably saw Honey Badger play one game at LSU and liked the colors. These kids are fans like us.

cane or not, im taking the bag bc why should i put my body on the line for free esp given the after effects of football and the injury risk that could completely end the NFL dream (see richards)

Advertisement
cane or not, im taking the bag bc why should i put my body on the line for free esp given the after effects of football and the injury risk that could completely end the NFL dream (see richards)

The only thing that drives me nuts, and maybe because I’m a dad and have a family I think of first, but all these jits take the money and buy these ridiculously expensive necklaces. For Christ sakes if you need the money spend it wisely

The only thing that drives me nuts, and maybe because I’m a dad and have a family I think of first, but all these jits take the money and buy these ridiculously expensive necklaces. For Christ sakes if you need the money spend it wisely

how'd you spend your money at 18 and in college? we went out spending 100s every weekend at UM. i look back on it now and say im an idiot for spending so much during those 4 years

You would blow 100k in 9 months now all of the sudden you're out of money and playing somewhere your heart wasn't from the beginning. Need steady motivation.

how'd you spend your money at 18 and in college? we went out spending 100s every weekend at UM. i look back on it now and say im an idiot for spending so much during those 4 years

That’s what I mean, I’d blow it also at that age, but now being older that’s why it drives me nuts

Advertisement

And can't wait to put them on and post all over social media....

It’s pretty telling that some kids are obviously saying “f*ck no” to living in these SEC hick towns.

I agree with your premise and it's messed up to see some of these potentially great pro players with large earning prospects get whacked by career ending or diminishing injuries....

Given the injury risk, aren't colleges allowed to pay for total disability and/or loss of value insurance policies for their players..? We talk about bags like someone is dumping off hefty bags on front porches, but NCAA approved "bags" like insurance policies are where the waters seem to get murky....

Advertisement
I agree with your premise and it's messed up to see some of these potentially great pro players with large earning prospects get whacked by career ending or diminishing injuries....

Given the injury risk, aren't colleges allowed to pay for total disability and/or loss of value insurance policies for their players..? We talk about bags like someone is dumping off hefty bags on front porches, but NCAA approved "bags" like insurance policies are where the waters seem to get murky....

so im nto sure if the player has take the policy out or the college does it for them.

so im nto sure if the player has take the policy out or the college does it for them.
According to this 2016 article, there is some kind of loophole that allows the schools to pay for the insurance policies for their players....Which definitely favors some of the deep pocket, giant alumni base schools like those in the SEC:

"A rule of thumb is about $10,000 for every $1 million in coverage. Previously, the NCAA helped secure a loan for the premium, which would be paid by the player's family, but a couple of years ago, that changed when it was discovered that schools were allowed to take out the policies themselves."

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...l-insurance-policies-big-complicated-business

Advertisement
Just remember, if you're good enough to fetch a 6 figure bag, you're pretty much on some NFL trajectory. Why fvck around and risk it all if you believe in yourself?

Look at what happened to that 5 star recruit Brian Bowen from Louisville. He ends up playing in Australia for a year and then went undrafted. Was it worth it?

Just remember, if you're good enough to fetch a 6 figure bag, you're pretty much on some NFL trajectory. Why fvck around and risk it all if you believe in yourself?

Look at what happened to that 5 star recruit Brian Bowen from Louisville. He ends up playing in Australia for a year and then went undrafted. Was it worth it?
Because except that one guy, nobody gets caught. And while these kids all have a bit too much faith in themselves, $100k now is worth a lot more than a 5% shot at millions in a few years. Seriously, even among 5* kids, NFL success is rare. And nobody's offering you bags after you blow out your knee for the second time or get passed on the depth chart by a stud FR.

Advertisement
Back