OT: Bag game

Advertisement
I’m not saying you’re wrong, but why wouid surtain take bags? That family doesn’t need money, why risk it?

Pat Surtain is far from rich. Do they NEED the money. I guess not, but who is going to turn down free money. The risk is so tiny. Politicians and other businessmen who make Surtain look poor take even riskier, smaller bags, than Surtain would have taken.

Simply put.

Option A.
0$ incentive.
proven track record of sending people to the league
Not likely to make it to the playoffs

or
Option B.
Large cash incentive
Even better recent track record of sending people to the league
Likely to play in the NC multiple times throughout career.
Very small risk of getting caught and even smaller risk of actually getting punished.

Even a very rich man would choose option B.

!
Pat Surtain is far from rich. Do they NEED the money. I guess not, but who is going to turn down free money. The risk is so tiny. Politicians and other businessmen who make Surtain look poor take even riskier, smaller bags, than Surtain would have taken.

Simply put.

Option A.
0$ incentive.

or
Option B.
Large cash incentive
Very small risk of getting caught and even smaller risk of actually getting punished.

Free money is free money no matter how much of it you have

Advertisement
BAG is to big to ever fail , it just evolves constantly to the family needs of course it’s all alleged nothing to see here .

GOCANES

Simply put.

Option A.
0$ incentive.

or
Option B.
Large cash incentive

His pops had a long successful career. I gotta think he has enough that a bag is insignificant enough to not risk anything. Wouldn’t all the non bag related benefits of option B be enough to make it the better option?

I obviously don’t know the family at all, and am assuming. You privy to info I don’t have?

His pops had a long successful career. I gotta think he has enough that a bag is insignificant enough to not risk anything. Wouldn’t all the non bag related benefits of option B be enough to make it the better option?

I obviously don’t know the family at all, and am assuming. You privy to info I don’t have?

Nope, no inside info lol. I agree, its a no brainer to choose Bama over other schools even if bags aren't in the picture, but a bag just sweetens the deal.

People talk about bags being 250k+, but even if the bag is say 50k. That is enough to sway people worth a lot more than Surtain. You hear about it all the time. Terry Spicer, a politician from Alabama, was getting bribed for 3k a month.

Advertisement
Yeah because we're so poor and all...

Yeah. We are.

You seem to be confused about the numbers. We have a few rich alumni that might be willing to put out some cash, while bama has thousands of fairly well to do people who love bama football more than anything and are happy to spend their disposable income on it. They also have a nice system that's been in place for years to get money where they need it to go.

Even if this were a case of which schools themselves have money, we'd still be behind. We get no support from the state, while most of our rivals do. The taxpayers of Alabama are more than happy to pay saban $11 million a year despite the fact they think government is evil and should be starved of cash.

It's not that we're poor, it's that the numbers involved have gotten so out of control that we can no longer compete.

"Always a college sports financial giant, the University of Texas athletics department has taken yet another leap. It had nearly $215 million in annual operating revenue and total operating expenses of $207 million during its 2017 fiscal year, according to its new annual financial report to the NCAA."

And that's what's on the books, not the bags, but what the university spends in the light of day. We don't have that. Not even close.

And there's this:

Also this:

But hey, you just keep on with thinking we're on the same level because you feel like it. Other than a "feeling", you have nothing else.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yeah. We are.

You seem to be confused about the numbers. We have a few rich alumni that might be willing to put out some cash, while bama has thousands of fairly well to do people who love bama football more than anything and are happy to spend their disposable income on it. They also have a nice system that's been in place for years to get money where they need it to go.

Even if this were a case of which schools themselves have money, we'd still be behind. We get no support from the state, while most of our rivals do. The taxpayers of Alabama are more than happy to pay saban $11 million a year despite the fact they think government is evil and should be starved of cash.

It's not that we're poor, it's that the numbers involved have gotten so out of control that we can no longer compete.

"Always a college sports financial giant, the University of Texas athletics department has taken yet another leap. It had nearly $215 million in annual operating revenue and total operating expenses of $207 million during its 2017 fiscal year, according to its new annual financial report to the NCAA."

And that's what's on the books, not the bags, but what the university spends in the light of day. We don't have that. Not even close.

And there's this:

Also this:

But hey, you just keep on with thinking we're on the same level because you feel like it. Other than a "feeling", you have nothing else.
Not saying we're on the same level my man. Calm it down now, just saying we can give them just enough.... like when you take a job in a new location, you may make 50,000 more a year but cost of living is double in the area of the job making less.

We can't even have a bag game even if we wanted to. News would spread like wild fire with this fanbases' fat mouth. Sh*t would be trending on twitter if the fans or SFL news outlet ever found out. Just look at how fast fake rumors travel with this fan base.

Lol. Miami has a bag game Dont forget Al-Quad and crew got suspended for a solid reason. We arent clean, just dont have as much.

Advertisement
Epic fail. Why didn’t he use the LSU Football Bag Manual? Pretty sure chapter one says head coach should never discuss transactions over the phone.

Bama Inc. could have seminars all over the US. Bags 101.

Nope, no inside info lol. I agree, its a no brainer to choose Bama over other schools even if bags aren't in the picture, but a bag just sweetens the deal.

People talk about bags being 250k+, but even if the bag is say 50k. That is enough to sway people worth a lot more than Surtain. You hear about it all the time. Terry Spicer, a politician from Alabama, was getting bribed for 3k a month.

The risks make no sense for him.

Surtain didnt need bags to go to Bama. He was never coming here though.

Yeah. We are.

And there's this:

Also this:

My boy right here gets it.

Advertisement
Back