OT: Atlanta

Advertisement
Buckhead is good if you know some spots. I lived in a condo on pharr rd for the last 3 years or so. Everything is expensive there, crowd is your typical business/corporate crowd. southern gentleman, Gipsy Kitchen, American Cut and Chops are all dope spots.

Midtown is a little more of a younger crowd, they got just about anything. My favorite spot down there is a place called the consulate.

Little 5 if you are looking for a more “hip” crowd

Are you in The Eclipse? I lived there from 2010-2016 before my wife and I bought a place in Garden Hills by the pool.

Roxy Theatre

If you are looking to drink before the show, The El Felix and El Super Pan are in the development connected to the Roxy (also where the new Braves stadium is located). Both are local chefs, good food. But it is a 20+ minute drive from Midtown, depending on traffic. I would still stay in town instead of near the venue, but just keep that in mind when getting ready to call an uber.

Roxy Theatre

Nice that's in the Battery Area, adjacent to the new Braves stadium. Hella food and drinking areas in walking distance. It's the newest concert venue here. I been to two shows there. Man I'm sorry I don't remember the name of the parking lot but its one on the opposite side of the Roxy. The Roxy is on the west side (left field) of the Stadium this lot is on the Right field side but it offers free two hour parking. They charge like $30 to park close to the Roxy/Suntrust Park its ridiculous. My only problem with the new Braves stadium.

Advertisement
Midtown, Downtown, if you could even find a cool AirBNb in the downtown Decatur area would be dope. Check out Edgewood Bar scene, Ponce City Market area, Atlantic Station. Downtown Decatur has a good vibe on weekends with cool eating places all in walking distance. If you wanna be active walking up Stone Mountain is a joy. Once you get to the top it feels like you can see all of Georgia from up there. If you can grab some of the city scooters and ride The Belt Line and thru Piedmont Park, very enjoyable!

For food. My favorite Burger joints are Grindhouse Killer Burgers, The Vortex and Ann's Snack Bar. I like GrindHouse over Vortex but you can't go wrong with either one, my top two. Ann's is a hole in the wall hood joint but Miss Ann cooks the burgers herself on the spot. The Ghetto Burger is off the chain. The Varsity's Chili Cheese Slaw Dog is amazing.

Also check out Takorea Midtown its not to far from the Fox Theatre. Its a Korean Mexican Fusion spot. The food is bomb *** ****!!! Great proportions, good drinks and very reasonable prices. I highly recommend this spot out of everything!

For BBQ. Pit Boss BBQ, Fat Matts BBQ, close to Midtown and Das BBQ.

Seafood. Pappaduex is great. I also like Steamhouse Lounge! Atlanta Fish Market is high in price but has a wide selection and fresh fish that you can walk up pick out then have it cooked for you. Chops Lobster Bar is also very very pricey but excellent.

If you can hit JR Crickets on North Ave. Thats some real ATL ****. Get you some Lemon Pepper Wet wings mane. Normally long waits. Mary Macs, Gus Fried Chicken and Old Lady Gang Restaurant all have good southern fried meals.

Breakfest / Brunch. I really enjoy Milk and Honey. I believe the ATL location is the only one that offers lunch as well.
Ann's was great, but unfortunately she passed away a couple of years ago. Pretty sure they closed. Burgers were delicious, but Ms Ann was the show.

Love Fat Matt's BTW

Advertisement
Interesting thread, I just so happen to have been asked to relocate to Atlanta for work this week. It wouldn't happen for some months, but I haven't been to Atlanta since the Olympics in 1996 as a kid and am curious what everyone thinks about it. I have to be honest, this is my 6th winter in NY and I'm just about done with it. Would you guys recommend living there?
ATL is extremely spread out in every direction. What part of town would your work be? Critical to where you move. 4 seasons weather is pretty dang good.

If you are looking to drink before the show, The El Felix and El Super Pan are in the development connected to the Roxy (also where the new Braves stadium is located). Both are local chefs, good food. But it is a 20+ minute drive from Midtown, depending on traffic. I would still stay in town instead of near the venue, but just keep that in mind when getting ready to call an uber.
Yea that’s the plan to lyft to and from the venue. Seems far but I see it’s like 10-15 minutes from Midtown. Good food and good beer is all I need.

Nice that's in the Battery Area, adjacent to the new Braves stadium. Hella food and drinking areas in walking distance. It's the newest concert venue here. I been to two shows there. Man I'm sorry I don't remember the name of the parking lot but its one on the opposite side of the Roxy. The Roxy is on the west side (left field) of the Stadium this lot is on the Right field side but it offers free two hour parking. They charge like $30 to park close to the Roxy/Suntrust Park its ridiculous. My only problem with the new Braves stadium.
Looks like a solid area. I’m excited to check it out. We were gonna lyft to and from the venue. Save on parking and not have to worry about drinking and driving.

Advertisement
Yea that’s the plan to lyft to and from the venue. Seems far but I see it’s like 10-15 minutes from Midtown. Good food and good beer is all I need.

If you are into craft beer, spend a day at The Porter and walk to Wrecking Bar or vice versa. The Porter has (IMO) the best beer list in the city. Wrecking Bar makes some of the best beer in the city. Both have outstanding food.

Since you are coming with your gf, if you really want to blow it out with a big meal, the best restaurant in the city is Staplehouse. It is outstanding, and the ****tail bar upstairs is great. It is also right next to the Edgewood bars.

ATL is extremely spread out in every direction. What part of town would your work be? Critical to where you move. 4 seasons weather is pretty dang good.
Looks to be near some place called Peachtree Park. I’m leaning towards moving there and no longer looking for other NYC jobs. Appreciate the insight.

Advertisement
If you are into craft beer, spend a day at The Porter and walk to Wrecking Bar or vice versa. The Porter has (IMO) the best beer list in the city. Wrecking Bar makes some of the best beer in the city. Both have outstanding food.

Since you are coming with your gf, if you really want to blow it out with a big meal, the best restaurant in the city is Staplehouse. It is outstanding, and the ****tail bar upstairs is great. It is also right next to the Edgewood bars.
Awesome I appreciate the suggestions. I love craft beer but man they sneak up on you after having a few.

Looks to be near some place called Peachtree Park. I’m leaning towards moving there and no longer looking for other NYC jobs. Appreciate the insight.
You will have no problem finding just about anything you want/need in or around that area. Good luck!

Advertisement
Back