OT: Atlanta

Geddy Lee

Living In The Limelight
Gonna be in Atlanta in the beginning of March so I wanted to ask those who live in Atlanta or have visited before what the best areas of the city are. Any hotel, restaurant, and bar suggestions would be appreciated too. I was looking at staying in Midtown.

Thanks in advance and yes I’m going to be drinking plenty this trip.

Advertisement
Go fûck up the pink pony for some B squad caucasians and the occasional 7.

If you got time the CFB Hall of Fame is worth a visit. When you enter you can select your favorite team (UM of course) then as you walk through the exhibits UM highlights of teams and personal will be featured.
You haven't mentioned a budget, but for $$$ restaurants you have Chops Lobster House, Kyma (Greek/Med), Capitol Grill. There is also Shake Shack for exceptional burgers.
As for hotels you have high end from St. Regis, Whitley (formerly Ritz) JW Marriott to Fairfield Inn and everything in between.
The Sweetwater Brewery is worth a trip as well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Gonna be in Atlanta in the beginning of March so I wanted to ask those who live in Atlanta or have visited before what the best areas of the city are. Any hotel, restaurant, and bar suggestions would be appreciated too. I was looking at staying in Midtown.

Lived there from 2007-2012.

Not being insensitive, but Midtown is the homosexual part of town. Again, not judging. Just FYI.

Definitely go see the Aquarium, World of Coke, College Football HOF, etc.

So many places to eat. No idea where to even start. Not enough enough time to do everything IMO.

Lived there from 2007-2012.

Not being insensitive, but Midtown is the homosexual part of town. Again, not judging. Just FYI.

Definitely go see the Aquarium, World of Coke, College Football HOF, etc.

So many places to eat. No idea where to even start. Not enough enough time to do everything IMO.
Appreciate it. I just read it was a safe area and stuff. Would you recommend staying there or downtown?

Advertisement
Appreciate it. I just read it was a safe area and stuff. Would you recommend staying there or downtown?

If you want to do local stuff, then Midtown... There's a strip of bars called Edgewood nearby. Also Ponce Ave has a lot to do. But, sort of younger crowd. Downtown has touristy stuff.

If you want to do local stuff, then Midtown... There's a strip of bars called Edgewood nearby. Also Ponce Ave has a lot to do. But, sort of younger crowd. Downtown has touristy stuff.
Thanks man. I’m narrowing it down to 3 Marriott hotels 2 in midtown and 1 downtown. Tough to decide.

Advertisement
Yo, live and work here. Hard to go wrong with anywhere to eat - if you want a really good burger go to the Vortex. I'd definitely go see the Aquarium, I've been twice and it's awesome. World of Coke is also cool.

There's also a lot of good breweries in the area. Scofflaw and Sweetwater.

Totally depends on what you are interested in and budget. The best hotel these days is the Hotel Clermont, which is conveniently above the Clermont Lounge and has a great rooftop patio at the hotel. The restaurant, Tiny Lou's is really good too. It is close to the Beltline, as well.

So for breweries:
Torched Hop; Orpheus; Three Taverns; Monday Night; Wrecking Bar

Breakfast/Brunch:
General Muir - ****** deli but done better; Homegrown - hole in the wall southern; Beetlecat - eclectic; 8 Arm - Hipster

BBQ:
Das and Fox Bros are the top two in town.

Dinner:
Brickstore Pub, Kimball House, Leon's, Iberian Pig in Decatur.
One Eared Stag, Kevin Rathbun Steak, Ticonderoga Club, BoccaLupo, - Inman Park area
Antico Pizza/Gios Chicken, JCT Kitchen, Marcel Steakhouse - West Midtown

Bars - I would go bar hopping around Edgewood as mentioned. West Midtown has some good bars in Ormsby's, Painted Duck, Little Trouble.

Advertisement
Wrecking Bar, Rooftop at Ponce City Market, dinner at Vortex/comedy show at Laughing Skull are all musts. If you want a **** good hangover breakfast, Buttermilk Kitchen in Buckhead is it. CFB Hall of Fame is overrated. Aquarium and Coca Cola museum are royal wastes of time and money.

Totally depends on what you are interested in and budget. The best hotel these days is the Hotel Clermont, which is conveniently above the Clermont Lounge and has a great rooftop patio at the hotel. The restaurant, Tiny Lou's is really good too. It is close to the Beltline, as well.

So for breweries:
Torched Hop; Orpheus; Three Taverns; Monday Night; Wrecking Bar

Breakfast/Brunch:
General Muir - ****** deli but done better; Homegrown - hole in the wall southern; Beetlecat - eclectic; 8 Arm - Hipster

BBQ:
Das and Fox Bros are the top two in town.

Dinner:
Brickstore Pub, Kimball House, Leon's, Iberian Pig in Decatur.
One Eared Stag, Kevin Rathbun Steak, Ticonderoga Club, BoccaLupo, - Inman Park area
Antico Pizza/Gios Chicken, JCT Kitchen, Marcel Steakhouse - West Midtown

Bars - I would go bar hopping around Edgewood as mentioned. West Midtown has some good bars in Ormsby's, Painted Duck, Little Trouble.

A+ list. Restaurants in Decatur are outstanding. I would at Revival. Kevin Rathburn does southern food excellent. They do a Sunday brunch that is on point with a cast iron cinnamon roll size of your head.

From the hotel standpoint, I would steer clear of Hilton properties here. Marriotts do a much better job with the cleaning practices. Loews in midtown is excellent as well

A+ list. Restaurants in Decatur are outstanding. I would at Revival. Kevin Rathburn does southern food excellent. They do a Sunday brunch that is on point with a cast iron cinnamon roll size of your head.

From the hotel standpoint, I would steer clear of Hilton properties here. Marriotts do a much better job with the cleaning practices. Loews in midtown is excellent as well
Thanks man. I’m a member of both Marriott and Hilton but I prefer Marriott more. Got it narrowed down to Courtyard in Midtown and downtown and Marriott in Midtown.

Advertisement
Back