OT: Atlanta

Interesting thread, I just so happen to have been asked to relocate to Atlanta for work this week. It wouldn't happen for some months, but I haven't been to Atlanta since the Olympics in 1996 as a kid and am curious what everyone thinks about it. I have to be honest, this is my 6th winter in NY and I'm just about done with it. Would you guys recommend living there?

Advertisement
Appreciate everyone’s feedback. So much to do and so little time. Have a concert the day we fly in (my girlfriend’s idea). I’m just going to drink lol. Then I think we may do the aquarium and six flags one day and figure out the rest from there.

Gonna be in Atlanta in the beginning of March so I wanted to ask those who live in Atlanta or have visited before what the best areas of the city are. Any hotel, restaurant, and bar suggestions would be appreciated too. I was looking at staying in Midtown.

Thanks in advance and yes I’m going to be drinking plenty this trip.
The Varsity, across from Ga Tech. Try the Chili Cheese Dawgs. All the way. Onion Rings and shake. Try not to **** your pants before y’all leave😁

I enjoyed Krog Street Market, Der Biergarten, and Cyprus street pint and plate on the last few times I was down around there for work. Usually Stay in the Hilton Garden Inn on 10th street and its decent. Like another poster said it does appear to be a *** area of town but it wasnt in your face at all or even that noticeable while I was there

Advertisement
Interesting thread, I just so happen to have been asked to relocate to Atlanta for work this week. It wouldn't happen for some months, but I haven't been to Atlanta since the Olympics in 1996 as a kid and am curious what everyone thinks about it. I have to be honest, this is my 6th winter in NY and I'm just about done with it. Would you guys recommend living there?
Lived there for 26 yrs all my kids born and raised there. Traffic sucks, but lifestyle and living in general is worth it, and mostly affordable. Good luck

Check out Hal’s Steakhouse. It’s the best steakhouse here when you look at the food and the atmosphere. The place gets a little wild on the weekends. Bones is also a great place.

Lived there for 26 yrs all my kids born and raised there. Traffic sucks, but lifestyle and living in general is worth it, and mostly affordable. Good luck
I appreciate the response. It sounds like a nice place with lots going on. If I agree to move there voluntarily I keep my NYC salary, otherwise I'm forced to relocate at an adjusted salary, so that's driving me to decide soon.

Advertisement

Stay away from Buckhead unless your carrying OP lol

Not sure if you're joking or not, but Buckhead is one of the nicer areas in Atlanta. Obviously that type of stuff can happen anywhere, but I've been to Buckhead quite a few times and it's not a place you feel in danger.

I appreciate the response. It sounds like a nice place with lots going on. If I agree to move there voluntarily I keep my NYC salary, otherwise I'm forced to relocate at an adjusted salary, so that's driving me to decide soon.
No brainer there Bruh.

Buckhead is good if you know some spots. I lived in a condo on pharr rd for the last 3 years or so. Everything is expensive there, crowd is your typical business/corporate crowd. southern gentleman, Gipsy Kitchen, American Cut and Chops are all dope spots.

Midtown is a little more of a younger crowd, they got just about anything. My favorite spot down there is a place called the consulate.

Little 5 if you are looking for a more “hip” crowd

Appreciate everyone’s feedback. So much to do and so little time. Have a concert the day we fly in (my girlfriend’s idea). I’m just going to drink lol. Then I think we may do the aquarium and six flags one day and figure out the rest from there.

Since U mentioned your girlfriend being with U, I guess there's no need to mention Magic City. Or maybe so!

Advertisement
Gonna be in Atlanta in the beginning of March so I wanted to ask those who live in Atlanta or have visited before what the best areas of the city are. Any hotel, restaurant, and bar suggestions would be appreciated too. I was looking at staying in Midtown.

Thanks in advance and yes I’m going to be drinking plenty this trip.

Midtown, Downtown, if you could even find a cool AirBNb in the downtown Decatur area would be dope. Check out Edgewood Bar scene, Ponce City Market area, Atlantic Station. Downtown Decatur has a good vibe on weekends with cool eating places all in walking distance. If you wanna be active walking up Stone Mountain is a joy. Once you get to the top it feels like you can see all of Georgia from up there. If you can grab some of the city scooters and ride The Belt Line and thru Piedmont Park, very enjoyable!

For food. My favorite Burger joints are Grindhouse Killer Burgers, The Vortex and Ann's Snack Bar. I like GrindHouse over Vortex but you can't go wrong with either one, my top two. Ann's is a hole in the wall hood joint but Miss Ann cooks the burgers herself on the spot. The Ghetto Burger is off the chain. The Varsity's Chili Cheese Slaw Dog is amazing.

Also check out Takorea Midtown its not to far from the Fox Theatre. Its a Korean Mexican Fusion spot. The food is bomb *** ****!!! Great proportions, good drinks and very reasonable prices. I highly recommend this spot out of everything!

For BBQ. Pit Boss BBQ, Fat Matts BBQ, close to Midtown and Das BBQ.

Seafood. Pappaduex is great. I also like Steamhouse Lounge! Atlanta Fish Market is high in price but has a wide selection and fresh fish that you can walk up pick out then have it cooked for you. Chops Lobster Bar is also very very pricey but excellent.

If you can hit JR Crickets on North Ave. Thats some real ATL ****. Get you some Lemon Pepper Wet wings mane. Normally long waits. Mary Macs, Gus Fried Chicken and Old Lady Gang Restaurant all have good southern fried meals.

Breakfest / Brunch. I really enjoy Milk and Honey. I believe the ATL location is the only one that offers lunch as well.

Last edited:

Stay away from Buckhead unless your carrying OP lol

This is happening all over the metro ATL area. This is not the place to leave your car running and unattended not matter how quick you may be. I live in Conyers a quiet area as far east of the metro area as you can get and we were on the news about dudes jacking cars while u pump gas or run into the store. They got that **** to a science lol.

Wrecking Bar, Rooftop at Ponce City Market, dinner at Vortex/comedy show at Laughing Skull are all musts. If you want a **** good hangover breakfast, Buttermilk Kitchen in Buckhead is it. CFB Hall of Fame is overrated. Aquarium and Coca Cola museum are royal wastes of time and money.

Never been to Laughing Skull but I had their Lager at City Winery and man!! Two glasses had me feeling right, highly recommend.

Advertisement

I really enjoy Atlanta man but I lived in the south all my life. Its a well spread city were you can find a location of your liking. The city is still progressing and will be for 20+ more years. I would visit a couple times to see how u like the speed of the city. A couple of NY buddies claim its too slow down here for they liking lol.

Not sure if you're joking or not, but Buckhead is one of the nicer areas in Atlanta. Obviously that type of stuff can happen anywhere, but I've been to Buckhead quite a few times and it's not a place you feel in danger.

Agreed.

Where is your concert?

Moved here from Miami about 8 years ago. It is a really great place to live. Good food, lots of outdoor stuff, good nightlife, friendly people, young city/good looking girls, etc... plus it is still reasonable to buy a nice house and the business scene here just keeps growing. It seems like a different company is relocating here every week. Also, it is crazy how big college football is here. I thought I would be here for 1-2 years and be done, but it has been a resounding thumbs up for me.

Advertisement
Back