OT: Art Sitkowski

Some of you guys are really pathetic the way you talk about kids. Yes, some are better at footbal than others. but hey, I give them all the credit in the world for lacing the shoes up every weekend and going out to battle. Something i didn't have the god-given talent to do.
Hopefully the lessons they learn on the field will translate off the field

Advertisement
Sits wasnt a s.fla kid.
Sits was a bad eval from the gate
They were forced to drop the kid when it was painfully obvious he wasnt even starting at IMG
Numerous posters on here called him a questionable take ...way b4 he was even enrolled at IMG.
I dont like Richt Jr evaluating qbs

Look, I admittedly don't have a lot to work with here. I will say that as for posters calling it early, there are always people saying recruits are overrated and there's somebody else we should take instead. Like every single time, people go on about how there's this other kid that's totally better. Dude's are right sometimes, but really wrong a lot too. The flip of that is if you drop Sits early everybody goes ballistic about it. Then it turns out he was great and the staff are a bunch of retards.

No doubt this kid needed to be dropped, and maybe it should have been done earlier, but what's with the second guessing? This is a rare situation where we lost a "top" kid and his replacement is (probably) better. I'm still not getting why this, among our numerous problems, is even worth typing a complaint about.

As for Richt Jr., if they can manage to land a decent guy this year, I'm not calling for his head. That said, yeah, there are others who would be better in that job and I wouldn't mind seeing him gone.

To me this sounds like blaming losses on Duke when the D couldn't stop giving up 500+ yds and 40+ points. Maybe it could be better but it's not top 10 on my list of complaints.

Sits wasnt a s.fla kid.
Sits was a bad eval from the gate
They were forced to drop the kid when it was painfully obvious he wasnt even starting at IMG
Numerous posters on here called him a questionable take ...way b4 he was even enrolled at IMG.
I dont like Richt Jr evaluating qbs

Preach

Some of you guys are really pathetic the way you talk about kids. Yes, some are better at footbal than others. but hey, I give them all the credit in the world for lacing the shoes up every weekend and going out to battle. Something i didn't have the god-given talent to do.
Hopefully the lessons they learn on the field will translate off the field

It's a message board. It's about talking about current players on the team, issues going around CFB, recruits, etc.

If you don't like it, go somewhere else where everything is unicorns and rainbows.

Advertisement
It's a message board. It's about talking about current players on the team, issues going around CFB, recruits, etc.

If you don't like it, go somewhere else where everything is unicorns and rainbows.
Let's not let it play out like this. If you are on this site I will consider you family and I will not disrespect anyone on this site. This kid probably should have never been offered and has his offer pulled mid stream. But yet we still feel the need to drag him down? Doesn't make sense?

Let's not let it play out like this. If you are on this site I will consider you family and I will not disrespect anyone on this site. This kid probably should have never been offered and has his offer pulled mid stream. But yet we still feel the need to drag him down? Doesn't make sense?

Fair enough. I think most are making light of it though and are concerned as the staff was on him until around middle of the season. Meanwhile a lot of us saw his stats and wondered why he had an offer in the first place.

Look, I admittedly don't have a lot to work with here. I will say that as for posters calling it early, there are always people saying recruits are overrated and there's somebody else we should take instead. Like every single time, people go on about how there's this other kid that's totally better. Dude's are right sometimes, but really wrong a lot too. The flip of that is if you drop Sits early everybody goes ballistic about it. Then it turns out he was great and the staff are a bunch of retards.

No doubt this kid needed to be dropped, and maybe it should have been done earlier, but what's with the second guessing? This is a rare situation where we lost a "top" kid and his replacement is (probably) better. I'm still not getting why this, among our numerous problems, is even worth typing a complaint about.

As for Richt Jr., if they can manage to land a decent guy this year, I'm not calling for his head. That said, yeah, there are others who would be better in that job and I wouldn't mind seeing him gone.

To me this sounds like blaming losses on Duke when the D couldn't stop giving up 500+ yds and 40+ points. Maybe it could be better but it's not top 10 on my list of complaints.

yea i dont bring it up much even when it took place. Only issue i have is...Im questioning their qb evaluations as thats the reason he was fired from UGA in the first place. Cant cry about Malik Rosier week in week out when there is no one currently on roster that can beat him out. I will watch their qb targets closely moving forward. This year they may pass on a qb...but in 2020 look like they are after some targets

I hope to fcking god the staff aren't makiing decisions based on what the fans are crying for. We have our moments, but mostly we have less experience and knowledge than they do so it makes little sense for them to listen to us.

With Sits in particular, is it possible that they realized he sucked when we did or before, but didn't give him the boot immediately? Maybe lining something else up or just not wanting to look like they were kicking out a loyal kid (you know how that plays in SFLA)?

I don't know any of that's true, I'm just not ready to believe that we actually know what to do better than they do.

Cause if that's true, we're entirely fcked.

You’re getting there. Hate to say it, and hope to **** it’s not the case. The evidence is piling up...

Advertisement
yea i dont bring it up much even when it took place. Only issue i have is...Im questioning their qb evaluations as thats the reason he was fired from UGA in the first place. Cant cry about Malik Rosier week in week out when there is no one currently on roster that can beat him out. I will watch their qb targets closely moving forward. This year they may pass on a qb...but in 2020 look like they are after some targets

That I absolutely agree with. I'm not very critical of Richt at this point, but he hasn't brought in anybody that can take Malik's place so far. That's a problem, much like not getting a QB this year. I still assume he'll find somebody, but if he passes completely I'll be ****ed. There's nobody on the roster that should inspire enough confidence that you skip a year. ****, even if there were, you still take a QB this year. And you don't put all your eggs in one fcking recruiting basket.

And for the people who think it's ok to skip a year, ask yourselves this: what if al hadn't taken Rosier? What if he'd said ***** it, I'm cool with just Kaaya? As bad as he is at times, Rosier was a ton better than whoever else we could have put out there last year for sure. And it looks like he's better than who we've got right now. Sad as that is, it could be worse.

You are 100% right first paragraph.

Among the concerns is the fact that we only recruited one guy at the position where other schools are being far more aggressive, with better results.

Another concern is the mix of what appears to be a trend (in certain, specific areas) of poor evaluation, poor development, and an unfounded/unearned sense of loyalty to certain guys once that guy is “chosen”. That could be Sits, MJJ, or CJR or Searles or Knowles or Rosier at this point.

You seem to be compartmentalizing (“not in my top ten list of complaints”) where others are putting 2+2 together and saying 4 looks like a coaching staff that is making decisions that prioritize winning very far down the list. Either that or simple, pure incompetence.

The really sad part is, you’re absolutely right. Without Richt working out, this program is in for a long, loooonnnnggggg slog.

My only hope is not that I can feel good about myself by saying “I told you so”. My only hope is that pointing out the flaws and poor performance may put heat on coaches and players to not accept mediocrity and to make the necessary changes to give the team a chance to compete.

Denial and false hope prevents improvement.

That I absolutely agree with. I'm not very critical of Richt at this point, but he hasn't brought in anybody that can take Malik's place so far. That's a problem, much like not getting a QB this year. I still assume he'll find somebody, but if he passes completely I'll be ****ed. There's nobody on the roster that should inspire enough confidence that you skip a year. ****, even if there were, you still take a QB this year. And you don't put all your eggs in one fcking recruiting basket.

And for the people who think it's ok to skip a year, ask yourselves this: what if al hadn't taken Rosier? What if he'd said ***** it, I'm cool with just Kaaya? As bad as he is at times, Rosier was a ton better than whoever else we could have put out there last year for sure. And it looks like he's better than who we've got right now. Sad as that is, it could be worse.

I mean... it’s not excusable that in year 3 we don’t have better QB play, better offense, than what we have right now.

Meanwhile, elsewhere in the college football world, (5’10”) Kyler Murray is killing it at OU in his first season as a starter. Both teams in the national championship game last year finished the game with true frosh QB’s. We started our season by getting smoked by a team starting a grad transfer retread who had been with his new team for a couple weeks. I’m quite certain I could go on... Yet we’re supposed to accept that bottom 10 percentile is simply the best that we should be allowed to expect at the QB position under our QB guru HC who spends school funds and a precious on-field coaching position employing his son as QB coach.

“Stop me when I tell a lie.”

Advertisement
I mean... it’s not excusable that in year 3 we don’t have better QB play, better offense, than what we have right now.

Meanwhile, elsewhere in the college football world, (5’10”) Kyler Murray is killing it at OU in his first season as a starter. Both teams in the national championship game last year finished the game with true frosh QB’s. We started our season by getting smoked by a team starting a grad transfer retread who had been with his new team for a couple weeks. I’m quite certain I could go on... Yet we’re supposed to accept that bottom 10 percentile is simply the best that we should be allowed to expect at the QB position under our QB guru HC who spends school funds and a precious on-field coaching position employing his son as QB coach.

Just curious, where those true freshman starting after the 3rd game of the year?

Bottom 10% is being extremely generous if we are talking D1. If you are including JUCO, D3, etc. then I can see bottom 10%.

Advertisement
Just curious, where those true freshman starting after the 3rd game of the year?

Not sure what difference that makes. Or what your point is. But feel free to make one.

My point is, what we have seen is not good enough. Not sure why it’s a problem for some when that gets pointed out.

I doubt there was a gun to his head to play college football in exchange for a scholarship, in a multi million dollar business, with rabid fans, and over the age of 18. I imagine you have some close connection to a player, maybe this one even, so you can't understand why it rolls effortlessly off some people's tongues.

They aren't kids anymore. He could die face down in the muck in some foreign country at his age. If this is the worst he has to worry about (message board warriors), he probably doesn't need your stalwart defense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Back