OT: Art Sitkowski

Advertisement
Ehh, I don't want to harp, but there was an opportunity cost to our loyalty to Sitz. Who knows how it all works out, and I'm glad we got Jarren, but could I interest you in having DTR AND Jarren in our QB room, for instance?

Yes, we ended up with what we think and hope will be a good QB in that class, but we ignored every other fish in the sea and turned away some legit guys who had apparent legit interest in our program. We could debate until the cows come home whether we got Jarren because we are lucky or good, but he also wasn't the top rated guy available with interest in the program.

Then we basically did the same this year with MJJ, only he just plain didn't want to come here, yet here we are with no plan at the position and most of the chairs already have asses in them.

Then we spent all summer saying how Rosier and Knowles were vastly improved, and then we sh@t the bed on national TV and gave up three straight scores to Toledo the second #20 came on the field.

Here I am harping again... I apologize. The point I'm trying to make is, I am no longer in the mode of believing this coaching staff when they SAY something, I will believe it only when they SHOW me something.

1. DTR has been awful too. You dont watch football outside Miami obviously.

2. You're painfully naive if you thought we could have both DTR Jarren. Both wanted to be THE guy.

We were fortunate it worked out, but getting Jarren was the best possible outcome last cycle. Who did ;you think we could have got, Fields?

I mean... it’s not excusable that in year 3 we don’t have better QB play, better offense, than what we have right now.

Meanwhile, elsewhere in the college football world, (5’10”) Kyler Murray is killing it at OU in his first season as a starter. Both teams in the national championship game last year finished the game with true frosh QB’s. We started our season by getting smoked by a team starting a grad transfer retread who had been with his new team for a couple weeks. I’m quite certain I could go on... Yet we’re supposed to accept that bottom 10 percentile is simply the best that we should be allowed to expect at the QB position under our QB guru HC who spends school funds and a precious on-field coaching position employing his son as QB coach.

“Stop me when I tell a lie.”

Its hilarious our dumb "fans" are suckng off Burrow. He did nothing against us and has 46% completion rate. Their best offense vs Auburn was pass interference calls.

If Burrow was starting here he'd be ripped apart by the trash who call themselves Miami fans

1. DTR has been awful too. You dont watch football outside Miami obviously.

2. You're painfully naive if you thought we could have both DTR Jarren. Both wanted to be THE guy.

We were fortunate it worked out, but getting Jarren was the best possible outcome last cycle. Who did ;you think we could have got, Fields?

DTR went to a dumpster fire of a team and is starting almost day 1 in a brand new scheme with a roster not built for it. I’m saying it’d be nice to have him as QB 4 or 5.

Solid logic. We can’t get more than one good QB in a class, so why bother trying? Tell that to MJJ who chose to be Pedo St’s #2 instead of our #1.

Don’t know on Fields, we never recruited him.

I swear, some people will argue about anything. Is that you, Jon?

Its hilarious our dumb "fans" are suckng off Burrow. He did nothing against us and has 46% completion rate. Their best offense vs Auburn was pass interference calls.

If Burrow was starting here he'd be ripped apart by the trash who call themselves Miami fans

Right, you’re a fan and I’m not. Thanks for setting me straight.

You can’t even see clearly through your rage, can you? Who’s sucking off Burrow? All I’m saying is the other team with a ****** QB, who they’ve had weeks to work with, kicked our *** with our ****** QB, who our QB guru has had 2 and a half years to work with. There’s no excuse, so stop making them.

Only a real fan calls his fellow fans trash.

I hope you have a better day tomorrow, brother.

Last edited:
Advertisement
They seem to want to go after guys who have a lot of physical tools but need a lot of coaching up. At least that seems like it with Perry, Sits, and MJJ. If I remember correctly Sits at the time was showing off at camps, a highly rated 4 star, and even on the gator flip watch list for a long time. Also he is a year younger than his grade. Probably has the elite physical tools. Maybe not the mental tools, but the thought was that the coaches might get him there.

So far I am happy with how things have turned out.

Advertisement
Back