OT: Art Sitkowski

jar4989

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
Looks like staff made the right call letting this kid go.

Stats this past week vs Kansas:
7/19 47 Yards & 3 INTs (2 of the INTs were Pick-6s)

Stats through week 3:
39/79 317 Yards, 1 TD & 8 INTs

YIKES!

Advertisement

Stats through week 3:

YIKES!
Has to be the only quarterback worse than Rozier

Advertisement

Stats through week 3:

YIKES!

As mentioned, there's already a thread about this kid sucking.

But while I'm here...my goodness those are unsatisfactory numbers. Just viewing them on a screen is causing me intestinal disquiet. I can feel the calcium leaching out of my bones. I think I just lost a toenail.

Has to be the only quarterback worse than Rozier

Not exactly...

Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 3.30.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 3.32.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 3.34.37 PM.png

And before anyone starts on that trash pile from uf, Rosier has 5 rushing TDs...so technically he's better there.

Bottom line, we only have the 4th worst P5 QB.

So there's that.

Yea but people here said he was jesus until some started really digging into it, first someone said his HS stats r trash and he got blasted. When he played at IMG I was like oh **** he sucks lol

Advertisement
Not exactly...

View attachment 64328

View attachment 64329

View attachment 64330

And before anyone starts on that trash pile from uf, Rosier has 5 rushing TDs...so technically he's better there.

Bottom line, we only have the 4th worst P5 QB.

So there's that.

To be fair, LSU has played us and Auburn in addition to SE LA (whoever that is...), while we've played Savannah State and Toledo. If you replace Rosier's Toledo stats with another game against LSU, that would be a better comparison. And the picture wouldn't be very "Rosy"...
15/35, 43%, 1 TD 2 INT, 7.4 YPA, add another 0.44 YPA rushing and a TD on the ground. That's puts him right there with Burrows, more picks but better YPA, most of which was achieved tossing up jump balls on "all-verts" plays after the game was out of hand.

Florida has played an easier schedule than us, so there's no excuse for that dumpster fire.

Yea but people here said he was jesus until some started really digging into it, first someone said his HS stats r trash and he got blasted. When he played at IMG I was like oh **** he sucks lol

He was our first lesson about blind faith in this coaching staff. Unfortunately, not our last.

To be fair, LSU has played us and Auburn in addition to SE LA (whoever that is...), while we've played Savannah State and Toledo. If you replace Rosier's Toledo stats with another game against LSU, that would be a better comparison. And the picture wouldn't be very "Rosy"...
15/35, 43%, 1 TD 2 INT, 7.4 YPA, add another 0.44 YPA rushing and a TD on the ground. That's puts him right there with Burrows, more picks but better YPA, most of which was achieved tossing up jump balls on "all-verts" plays after the game was out of hand.

Florida has played an easier schedule than us, so there's no excuse for that dumpster fire.

Tough crowd.

Ok, at worst our guy is tied for 3rd worst P5 QB.

He was our first lesson about blind faith in this coaching staff. Unfortunately, not our last.

All he was a lesson in is that coaches can make mistakes and correct them. I don't get why Richt is still taking sht for Stis. We dropped him, no harm done.

Advertisement
All he was a lesson in is that coaches can make mistakes and correct them. I don't get why Richt is still taking sht for Stis. We dropped him, no harm done.

Ehh, I don't want to harp, but there was an opportunity cost to our loyalty to Sitz. Who knows how it all works out, and I'm glad we got Jarren, but could I interest you in having DTR AND Jarren in our QB room, for instance?

Yes, we ended up with what we think and hope will be a good QB in that class, but we ignored every other fish in the sea and turned away some legit guys who had apparent legit interest in our program. We could debate until the cows come home whether we got Jarren because we are lucky or good, but he also wasn't the top rated guy available with interest in the program.

Then we basically did the same this year with MJJ, only he just plain didn't want to come here, yet here we are with no plan at the position and most of the chairs already have asses in them.

Then we spent all summer saying how Rosier and Knowles were vastly improved, and then we sh@t the bed on national TV and gave up three straight scores to Toledo the second #20 came on the field.

Here I am harping again... I apologize. The point I'm trying to make is, I am no longer in the mode of believing this coaching staff when they SAY something, I will believe it only when they SHOW me something.

Looks like staff made the right call AFTER EVERYONE SHAMED THEM INTO letting this kid go.

Stats through week 3:

YIKES!
FIFY

Advertisement
Ehh, I don't want to harp, but there was an opportunity cost to our loyalty to Sitz. Who knows how it all works out, and I'm glad we got Jarren, but could I interest you in having DTR AND Jarren in our QB room, for instance?

Yes, we ended up with what we think and hope will be a good QB in that class, but we ignored every other fish in the sea and turned away some legit guys who had apparent legit interest in our program. We could debate until the cows come home whether we got Jarren because we are lucky or good, but he also wasn't the top rated guy available with interest in the program.

Then we basically did the same this year with MJJ, only he just plain didn't want to come here, yet here we are with no plan at the position and most of the chairs already have asses in them.

Then we spent all summer saying how Rosier and Knowles were vastly improved, and then we sh@t the bed on national TV and gave up three straight scores to Toledo the second #20 came on the field.

Here I am harping again... I apologize. The point I'm trying to make is, I am no longer in the mode of believing this coaching staff when they SAY something, I will believe it only when they SHOW me something.

That's not where I'm at right now, but I respect your position.

I hope to fcking god the staff aren't makiing decisions based on what the fans are crying for. We have our moments, but mostly we have less experience and knowledge than they do so it makes little sense for them to listen to us.

With Sits in particular, is it possible that they realized he sucked when we did or before, but didn't give him the boot immediately? Maybe lining something else up or just not wanting to look like they were kicking out a loyal kid (you know how that plays in SFLA)?

I don't know any of that's true, I'm just not ready to believe that we actually know what to do better than they do.

Cause if that's true, we're entirely fcked.

I hope to fcking god the staff aren't makiing decisions based on what the fans are crying for. We have our moments, but mostly we have less experience and knowledge than they do so it makes little sense for them to listen to us.

With Sits in particular, is it possible that they realized he sucked when we did or before, but didn't give him the boot immediately? Maybe lining something else up or just not wanting to look like they were kicking out a loyal kid (you know how that plays in SFLA)?

I don't know any of that's true, I'm just not ready to believe that we actually know what to do better than they do.

Cause if that's true, we're entirely fcked.

Sits wasnt a s.fla kid.
Sits was a bad eval from the gate
They were forced to drop the kid when it was painfully obvious he wasnt even starting at IMG
Numerous posters on here called him a questionable take ...way b4 he was even enrolled at IMG.
I dont like Richt Jr evaluating qbs

Sits wasnt a s.fla kid.
Sits was a bad eval from the gate
They were forced to drop the kid when it was painfully obvious he wasnt even starting at IMG
Numerous posters on here called him a questionable take ...way b4 he was even enrolled at IMG.
I dont like Richt Jr evaluating qbs

Amazing thing I remember was a good portion of the Canes fanbase were criticizing the fans and saying it was a bad look overall for those that questioned taking Sits saying it wasn't a good look for recruits. Same ones that get triggered over critiquing our current QB situation.

Advertisement
Back