OT: Arkansas State

Advertisement
TN Hurricane fan here, who else is gonna go to the Arkansas State game? Looking for others to tailgate with and sit with at the game

I'm coming over from Nashville with my son. It'll be his first Football game ever.

Advertisement
TN Hurricane fan here, who else is gonna go to the Arkansas State game? Looking for others to tailgate with and sit with at the game

I'm coming over from Nashville with my son. It'll be his first Football game ever.

Will be at the game too, hit me up for tailgating. Me and my gf, my best friend and his gf, and his parents. Looking forward to the game

Arkansas State fan here. So what are the strengths and weaknesses of the Canes this year?

A lot of guys will joke with you, but here's the skinny on "Miami".

- Defense is a big Q. National media is pumping us up but the fans saw a lot of issues on 3rd down and late in the year. ND game stands out. Really thin at DT also. Bunch of DEs who haven't proven anything and yes a talented freshman who only started 2 games last year.
- OL, OL, TE, OL. All big concerns. RB depth? Not encouraging. Oh and we have no clue who our QB is. The last guy broke all of the all time records in just 3 years. He was consistent and proven, and then got hand picked to succeed Matthew Stafford in the League. We don't have any idea who will try to make sense of Richt's RPO project, which cost us multiple games last year. Talent on the outside but it's unproven.
- Special Teams is strong, specifically at PR. Berrios has been rock solid, classic safe play who never drops the ball. He may not have the swag, but he's got the smarts.

All in all we could be 1-2 through the first 3 games. The 90s are a long time ago.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Will be at the game too, hit me up for tailgating. Me and my gf, my best friend and his gf, and his parents. Looking forward to the game

I want in on the tailgate action!

Arkansas State fan here. So what are the strengths and weaknesses of the Canes this year?

- Defense is a big Q. National media is pumping us up but the fans saw a lot of issues on 3rd down and late in the year. ND game stands out. Really thin at DT also. Bunch of DEs who haven't proven anything and yes a talented freshman who only started 2 games last year.
- OL, OL, TE, OL. All big concerns. RB depth? Not encouraging. Oh and we have no clue who our QB is. The last guy broke all of the all time records in just 3 years. He was consistent and proven, and then got hand picked to succeed Matthew Stafford in the League. We don't have any idea who will try to make sense of Richt's RPO project, which cost us multiple games last year. Talent on the outside but it's unproven.
- Special Teams is strong, specifically at PR. Berrios has been rock solid, classic safe play who never drops the ball. He may not have the swag, but he's got the smarts.

All in all we could be 1-2 through the first 3 games. The 90s are a long time ago.

Thanks for that. A quick note for visitors coming in...yes its a dry county but there are plenty of bars and restaurants that sell liquor. Main tailgating area is on West side of the stadium and any Miami fans will be well fed so bring an appetite. You will find ASU fans very friendly and welcoming. As for stAte, we have a solid starter at QB who transferred in from OU two years ago. He isn't a dual threat but can scramble and has a strong, accurate arm. Our biggest strength by far is the receiving corps. Plenty of depth and experience and U. of Arkansas transfer Kendrick Edwards(6'5" 210) is eligible this year to give Justice Hansen another threat. RB is solid but not much depth. One power runner, one scat back type(he is only 5'5" but is lightning fast in the open) and one JUCO who tore his ACL last year but should be good to go. TE Blake Mack may be one of the best Miami sees all year. He will be playing on Sunday's next season. The biggest area of concern is the O-line as everyone had to be replaced due to graduation, but the new guys seem promising and are much bigger, ranging from 310 to 345. D Line is decent. DE Ja'von Rolland Jones is the man there. Conference player of the year last year and the national FBS leader in sacks. Special teams is atrocious and has been an issue for a few years now. Iffy FG and XP kicking and very average to below average punting.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I can't tell if you're joking or not because bits of this are accurate. Dude said their o-line may be weak... if that's true, their QB will be in for a very long night. One thing App State had going for them last season was their highly touted o-line and it still turned out ugly for them.

Well after getting manhandled pretty well in the opener against Toledo last year, coach Anderson decided to really beef up the O-line. They did that, but as I said they are all new and most will only have fall camp to learn the system. From reports I'm reading, they are really coming along much better than anyone thought but still might take 2-3 games to really get it all together.

Thanks for that. A quick note for visitors coming in...yes its a dry county but there are plenty of bars and restaurants that sell liquor. Main tailgating area is on West side of the stadium and any Miami fans will be well fed so bring an appetite. You will find ASU fans very friendly and welcoming. As for stAte, we have a solid starter at QB who transferred in from OU two years ago. He isn't a dual threat but can scramble and has a strong, accurate arm. Our biggest strength by far is the receiving corps. Plenty of depth and experience and U. of Arkansas transfer Kendrick Edwards(6'5" 210) is eligible this year to give Justice Hansen another threat. RB is solid but not much depth. One power runner, one scat back type(he is only 5'5" but is lightning fast in the open) and one JUCO who tore his ACL last year but should be good to go. TE Blake Mack may be one of the best Miami sees all year. He will be playing on Sunday's next season. The biggest area of concern is the O-line as everyone had to be replaced due to graduation, but the new guys seem promising and are much bigger, ranging from 310 to 345. D Line is decent. DE Ja'von Rolland Jones is the man there. Conference player of the year last year and the national FBS leader in sacks. Special teams is atrocious and has been an issue for a few years now. Iffy FG and XP kicking and very average to below average punting.

Asuato, any suggestions for bars to go to before/after the game in Jonesboro for Canes fans?

When we played Arky State in 1997, our equipment guy washed the white pants with the orange jerseys or something like that and stained the pants, so we had to wear our road uniforms at home. Cool story.

#ThanksButch

Advertisement
Back