OT - Anyone getting grocey delivered?

Gatorhater

All-American
Just getting our first home delivery. Looks like they mark everything up about 15%. Got most of our order except no eggs. Kind of like going back to "good old days" before I was born.

Advertisement
My buddy was doing it until he noticed they were putting ridiculous markups on some items. That was before all this craziness.

Advertisement
We're getting INSTACART (Publix), COSTCO & Whole Foods deliveries. No markups but they don't pick fruits & veggies as we would and not all items available

Advertisement
Advertisement
Just getting our first home delivery. Looks like they mark everything up about 15%. Got most of our order except no eggs. Kind of like going back to "good old days" before I was born.

it honestly depends on the driver/store.

Whole foods, was 90% good...was my first order and didn't realize i should choose not to substitute.

costco delivery was perfect.

publix was terrible...10% was correct...like the guy didn't give a crap at all. Told it not to sub...he subbed...and everything was wrong.

Made a few trips over the last couple weeks. Haven't gone this week. Might go today or tomorrow. 70 in Chicago right now so may just open up my garage, set up my hockey net, and rip slap shots this weekend.

Advertisement
We're delivering an assload of wine at my wine shop...free home delivery. People are drinking lol. Record sales in March

I've heard alcohol sales are doing just fine during this. I may or may not be contributing. Just picked up a bottle of EH Taylor at total wine in FL for my bourbon fix. It's not all bad.

The other issue with Publix/Instacart aside from the markup is you agree to allow them to make (usually undesirable) substitutions too. But hey- desperate times call for desperate measures.

My advice is to hit up Trader Joe's about an hour before they close. No crowds and they're usually restocking around then too. Their frozen orange chicken actually kills the Rona.

The other issue with Publix/Instacart aside from the markup is you agree to allow them to make (usually undesirable) substitutions too. But hey- desperate times call for desperate measures.

My advice is to hit up Trader Joe's about an hour before they close. No crowds and they're usually restocking around then too. Their frozen orange chicken actually kills the Rona.

Trader Joe’s if for pros! Salute

Kroger in WA State delivering for $10, or shipping for $35. I pick up mine for free - order and pay through the app, apply coupons, they give you the date and time it will be ready. Then go park at the pick up bay, call them, open your trunk and get back in the car. They'll load it up, you close your trunk, drive off. It was so easy, I'm already placing another order.

Advertisement
Back