OT: Any of you Canes Goons from Atlanta?!?

Advertisement
My kids attend Lovett, but we have great respect for Marist and we are good friends with the Hamilton family. I’ve known Kyle since he was in 4th grade. Outstanding young man but it will be painful watching him play for Norte Dame.

Nothing to add other than I'm a Marist grad and lifelong Atlantan, and it's a great city that's almost completely changed in the last decade or two for the better. Ton of Canes here too - the Georgia Canes plate took years for us to get and I think it's my most prized possession.

Haul *** up and down 85 in Gwinnett, look for a vehicle like this one and we can have a nice chat about Hurricane football...

You must never have been to LA, SD, or DC...LOL

I have lived in Atl since 2004, yeah there is traffic, but it is compounded by the fact that this is quite possibly the worst road, highway system in any American city I have ever been in. The town is in the foothills of the Appalachians, so great swaths of level ground are hard to come by. These guys literally paved over old horse and cow trails to handle the growth of the town and surrounding suburbs and you can forget about anything resembling a street grid once you get out of the city.

Advertisement
Traffic, traffic, then you get stuck in more traffic. I have never been to a city with as bad of traffic as Atlanta. Outside of that, not a bad town. Real estate market is fairly cheap once you get outside the loop.

Hey, handsome! How have you been? We should go another cruise sometime! So much fun!

Advertisement
Back