OT:Alabama will spend $600 millions on football & basketball stadium upgrades

Earnest T. Bass posting on how if Miami doesn't forego all other campus improvements and match 'Bama immediately, all is lost...In 5, 4, 3, 2...

Advertisement
Nah Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta is the best stadium in the country.
Stadium is a dead zone... They went overboard with the Amenities and flashing ribbon boards all over the place.. people just hang out on the concourse.

$600,000,000
Alabama In-state tuition is $11,000

That means the state of Alabama could allow 55,000 students to attend at no-cost.

Alabama is #4 in least educated states in the country. It would probably be dead last if not for NASA in Huntsville. This is precisely the farce I was talking about in the other threads about stripping non-profit public schools of their federal non-profit status (no way the state would do it) when it is clear that the state university is prioritizing sports over ensuring the citizens of Alabama (who are also among the poorest in the country) have access to a low cost, high quality university education.

I'm a big believer in state's rights. But when a state loses its moral compass, the federal government needs to step in. Unsurprisingly, the state of Alabama has a long, long history of immoral behavior.

The rich legislators and BOT who make these funding decisions really don't care about poor families (both white and black) being able to climb the economic ladder and end the cycles of generational poverty by getting a university education and having access to better paying jobs. Why? Because the power brokers aren't going to have any problems getting their kids into Harvard or Yale. They aren't going to send their own children to a garbage state school. The entire purpose of the school is essentially to be a vanity project so that wealthy Alabamans can have wine and cheese parties in a box suite with other wealthy patrons, and they can brag to their wealthy friends in Mississippi and Georgia about how many football championships their state has won.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Crazy... it’s only a matter of time till their basketball program catches up with the likes of Kentucky in the SEC

Either way, they're on top of college football.

They're smart enough to pull that off.

Something Stanford, USC, UM, Vanderbilt, or any number of "smart" colleges have been doing.

They take that stuff serious - unlike our little midget gnome that tanked our program for over a decade.

Thankfully, we're climbing back up where we should be.

Earnest T. Bass posting on how if Miami doesn't forego all other campus improvements and match 'Bama immediately, all is lost...In 5, 4, 3, 2...

Hey stupid! Show one post in which I suggested or even hinted that Miami should "match" Alabama's facilities investment and/or "forego all other campus improvements". Seriously, you are a terrible liar.

I've accurately pointed out that college football is in the midst of a significant facilities upgrade arms race...and that fact will impact the Canes at some point.

The original poster's link is yet more proof, but you are too dumb to understand that irony.

Those who stamp their feet, put their fingers in their ears and scream because they don't want to accept reality are not the sharpest knives in the drawer...and you are the poster child.

As for you; fat, dumb and stupid is no way to go through life!

Advertisement
So one of the poorest and least educated states in America has decided to invest their $ in their favorite schools basketball and football programs (mind you these programs already benefit from the best of everything!).

Cant wait til someone comes up with an amateur system that allows players fresh out of high school to actually benefit from their talent. Then states like this will burn!! BAMA is doing everything to stay relevant

So one of the poorest and least educated states in America has decided to invest their $ in their favorite schools basketball and football programs (mind you these programs already benefit from the best of everything!).

Cant wait til someone comes up with an amateur system that allows players fresh out of high school to actually benefit from their talent. Then states like this will burn!! BAMA is doing everything to stay relevant

It is their fckn program and state, why should we care how they spend their money?
And why would you be eargerly excited about the possibility of kids getting piaid straight out of HS? Tell me how this helps UM?
These threads are so stupid but they keep re-surfacing every 2-3 weeks.
Crazy.

Advertisement
They're investing in what is their cash cow, in particular football, and we would do the same thing were it us. Basketball should thank the football team aa that's where this money is coming from. I omagine they're going to go all in with basketball funding and try to double dip as two elite programs.

I lived near Montgomery for 2 years. Their motto is "football on Saturday, church on Sunday."

I will not go into details on what they do on the weekdays, and on Saturdays for the majority of the year when there is no college football...but it ain't pretty and using your imagination is USELESS! don't try :6fps6:

Okay, I'll give you a hint as to ONE activity...

:fap::1sdn:

Ever seen the movie "Idiocracy"? The people in that film are Alabama descendants, and I'm being generous. .. It's got electrolytes!

Lol that just shows how stupid Alabama is as a state. That money could be used to help so many people. But Football is life for them.

Advertisement
Hey stupid! Show one post in which I suggested or even hinted that Miami should "match" Alabama's facilities investment and/or "forego all other campus improvements". Seriously, you are a terrible liar.

I've accurately pointed out that college football is in the midst of a significant facilities upgrade arms race...and that fact will impact the Canes at some point.

The original poster's link is yet more proof, but you are too dumb to understand that irony.

Those who stamp their feet, put their fingers in their ears and scream because they don't want to accept reality are not the sharpest knives in the drawer...and you are the poster child.

As for you; fat, dumb and stupid is no way to go through life!

So now that I have gotten inside your head, you going to be like Tetragrammaton Cane and use my avatar too? What kind of move in special you offering? He provides free Wi-Fi, so at least that is mandatory.

You can be Fat, Dumb, and Happy or Fat, Dumb, and Ugly. Using the double negative of Dumb AND Stupid? Well, lets just say somebody's grammar needs some work before Dr. Frenk will allow them to write the next capital campaign letter to wealthy donors.

Unbelievable. What a gross exaggeration of wealth throw out there in excess. They already have nice facilities, there’s no reason why they have to keep trying to one up every other program in the country. I’m with the group of the $$$ could be spent on much bigger and better things. But I suppose they had to up ‘ol Dabo and his slide eh?

Advertisement
Back