OT:Alabama will spend $600 millions on football & basketball stadium upgrades

Advertisement
Seems like most of it is for the basketball arena and the football stadium outside of a few things. Good thing we benefited from the dolphins having a half a billion upgrade to their stadium, that upgrade still lags behind sun life stadium and so does every stadium in the country

Last edited:
Could spend $600 Billion on upgrades and the facilities will STILL be in godforesaken Alabamy. They are in for the most difficult slide from greatness here sooner rather than later once Lil Nicky is gone....or forced out.

Advertisement
One of the poorest states in the nation.

Love me some college football, but some priorities are seriously messed up.

When the glee club starts bringing in what Bama football does, perhaps. As it is, nothing to see here. Just my opinion. This is college athletics.

Advertisement

And one of the most morbidly obese and least/poorly educated. Poor, fat, racist and illiterate ain't no way to go through life but.....roll **** Tide! Who is in to pay off Coach Saban's mortgage?!

20180818_111319.jpg

All federal tax dollars should be shut off to all schools who do things like this. What a scam job to the tax payers.
The argument to that would be the local tax base would rather their money go to this than any other program except maybe the military. Its actually effed up they are forced to pay for things they dont care about but 'MERICA amrite

Seems like most of it is for the basketball arena and the football stadium outside of a few things. Good thing we benefited from the dolphins having a half a billion upgrade to their stadium, that upgrade still lags behind sun life stadium and so does every stadium in the country

Nah Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta is the best stadium in the country.

Nick Saban is 66 fellas he's not coaching more than a few more years. Maybe 70. The thing that is going to hurt is who will they get to continue his legacy. I don't see anyone being able to duplicate the 10 year run he's been on. Things will change just like they did for us in the early 2000s. Football runs in cycles everyone knows this.

Advertisement
Not to say that $600m couldn't haven't been used for better purposes, but it's all they've got when it comes to sports - God, country, and roll tide I've heard many times.

Advertisement
Nick Saban is 66 fellas he's not coaching more than a few more years. Maybe 70. The thing that is going to hurt is who will they get to continue his legacy. I don't see anyone being able to duplicate the 10 year run he's been on. Things will change just like they did for us in the early 2000s. Football runs in cycles everyone knows this.

Urban, Dabo. They'll have their pick. ****, Urban might be hired as an analyst if he's let go.

Not to say that $600m couldn't haven't been used for better purposes, but it's all they've got when it comes to sports - God, country, and roll tide I've heard many times.

I lived near Montgomery for 2 years. Their motto is "football on Saturday, church on Sunday."

I will not go into details on what they do on the weekdays, and on Saturdays for the majority of the year when there is no college football...but it ain't pretty and using your imagination is USELESS! don't try :6fps6:

Okay, I'll give you a hint as to ONE activity...

:fap::1sdn:

Advertisement
Back