OT - 5 star basketball recruit chooses Howard (HBCU) over UCLA

If you're good....the NFL or NBA will find you.

Take a look at the Pro rosters in the past AND currently.

There is and has always has been plenty of representation of Pro Players outside of the P5

Last edited:
Advertisement
If you're good....the NFL or NBA will find you.

Take a look at the Pro rosters in the past AND currently.

There is and has always has been plenty of representation of Pro Players outside of the P5

Not always the case unfortunately, I know a guy here in bum fck palatka florida that will startle you with how good he is. Dude is like 6'4 230'ish at like 7% body fat and can shoot 30 feet out like it's a free throw. I see him around here and there, but the chances of a scout ever coming across this specimen in the back woods of florida in the back woods of palatka is basically zero.

Not always the case unfortunately, I know a guy here in bum fck palatka florida that will startle you with how good he is. Dude is like 6'4 230'ish at like 7% body fat and can shoot 30 feet out like it's a free throw. I see him around here and there, but the chances of a scout ever coming across this specimen in the back woods of florida in the back woods of palatka is basically zero.

There’s a lot of guys that are deadly accurate in pickup games, doesn’t mean they can play in the NBA

Both.

That could change very quickly if a number of sports + entertainment figures put serious effort about changing staffing and recruiting to HBCUs for football/basketball. Facilities and fundraisimg will naturally follow.

The chance to be epic legends is right in front of them if they'll take it.
Going back to the original post, it is a moot point as Maker's commitment created a "seismic" change in high profile recruits choosing HBCUs.

Certainly seen a ton of such decisions in the year since.....

"Seismic".

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back