OSU presser now 9:0O PM ESPN2

Advertisement
So, OSU fires Jim Tressel for covering up tattoos and impermissible benefits, and suspends Urban Meyer three games for covering up domestic violence.

The thing that runs through my head is; what would happen here?

Mark Richt would be fired, and we would all be ****ed at getting fooled by such a hypocrite.

It doesn't surprise me. Truly.

Well...scratch one more college off the "Moral Superiority" list. Man, our little program isn't so 'thuggish' after all, eh?

So if he reported and did what he was supposed to do, why is he being suspended three games?

I'm surprised he even got a 3 game suspension. Figured OSU would just quietly sweep it all under the rug

Advertisement

The NCAA has no control of anything and it shows. Continually hide and mismangaes incidents of abuse... 3 games! Sell sneakers you were given and now belong to you.. 4 games!!

OSU took their time, let it die down, and found a resolution that allows them to keep their coach. Well done!

Worst thing is, Urban will finish will a top 5 recruiting class again.

Tonight, there are ****'s in **** who are wishing that the Ohio State Board of Trustees had been the judges at the Nuremberg trials.

Advertisement
That's CFB in general in today's age. The headlines are non-stop with filth. That doesn't even cover all the **** that isn't being talked about by the talking heads.
This applies to the country in general. I have no doubt that the shít show we're seeing in American politics, where certain criminals remain in public office regardless of what they do & how well it's documented, had some influence in the "oh well, they'll get over it, win at all costs" mentality displayed by the OSU BOT in this decision. The further our country gets from its morals, the more often we'll see public figures like Meyer walk when caught red handed. Abuse of power becomes infectious when the perpetrators seem to get away with everything.

So the NFL suspends Sean Payton a full season for his role in bounty gate and Meyer gets 3 games. lmao

A years suspension should have been the floor of this outcome. OSU is pathetic!!!

All we can do is stop *****ing and get better to the point where we can get past Clemson.

That way we can get our hands on this guy in the playoffs and pay them back for 2003.

Advertisement
he is suspended 3 games...games against weak opponents...did the university get to pick those games through Meyers.

Advertisement
What we learned today is that the meeting was not about whether to fire Urban. That decision was made pretty much immediately. We just didn't know it until now. Today's meeting was about damage control and spinning keeping Meyer as best as they could (spoiler alert: they did a terrible job at it).

Most people probably expected him to be fired. So the slap on the wrist, compounded by the details of the incidents, really have everyone reacting strongly.

My guess is that this is not over yet. We might see a case where the public backlash is so strong that Meyer will ultimately get the can, a la Schiano getting "hired" at Tennessee. I doubt he ends up fired because of the backlash, but I don't think the story is over yet.

LOL @ anyone that thought he was getting fired

osu doesn't give a **** about anything but wins, they ain't firing satan they ARE satan..
Exactly. And their BoD showed they have spine = to a wet noodle.

Urban Liar deleted OLD text messages from his phone with the help of their Director of Football Ops according to USAToday. They along with CBSports sports are trashing him....Can't wait to read Bianchi. LOL Gene Smith AD barely suspended....HUH? Mishandled is now the new word for LYING. :stupid:

Advertisement
Back