Orlando Spring Game

So any recruiting news? Seems like I’ve read zero things about what recruits were there, etc. but I see Harrell committed to FSPoo and nobody is really even mentioning that.

Advertisement
Nahhh, that INT was all Osborn.

That's how you're supposed to throw a fade, not Williams' fault a walk-on wrestled the ball away from Osborn.

Now the safety was on Williams, He's gotta throw that one into the stands.
Osborn got behind his man and there was nothing but green in front of him. JW is supposed to lay that ball out and let Osborn go get it. Instead Osborn had to come back to the ball. That walk on was supposed to be roasted on that play.

Nahhh, that INT was all Osborn.

That's how you're supposed to throw a fade, not Williams' fault a walk-on wrestled the ball away from Osborn.

Now the safety was on Williams, He's gotta throw that one into the stands.
It’s on both Jarren and KJ, Jarren underthrew it and then KJ let it be snatched from his hands for the INT.

Advertisement
Osborn got behind his man and there was nothing but green in front of him. JW is supposed to lay that ball out and let Osborn go get it. Instead Osborn had to come back to the ball. That walk on was supposed to be roasted on that play.

That’s what I saw , Jarren has had issues with the deep ball ever since the army game. Pope should’ve had a couple td’s in that game. It seems like Williams worries about over throwing the deep ball , so he puts too much air under the deep ball.

But yeah , Osborn had cooked the db.

Those are the throws you have to make at a school like Miami , the last couple years we can’t hit the layup throws.

Last edited:
That’s what I saw , Jarren has had issues with the deep ball ever since the army game. Pope should’ve had a couple td’s in that game. It seems like Williams worries about over throwing the deep ball , so he puts too much air under the deep ball.

But tear , Osborn had cooked the db.

KJ was the best player on the field. Nobody covered him all day.

Here are a few things I notice being normal fan at the game.

*DLine will eat this year. GR15, Nesta and Garvin will give offensive coordinators and Oline nightmares. The only problem i see and has been a problem with Diaz defenses is mobile QBs will have lanes to run and pick up yards.

*Watching the QBs live. Tate had the best day and was giving the first team defense problems with his legs. The biggest thing was his mental clock was moving faster than Perry and Williams. Williams has a NFL arm like the reports say but it just seem like he was playing slow. The INT he throw should have been a TD if either threw it earlier or put more power. Perry looked good against the walk-ons but he just seems to play slow against the ones.

* I said it before in another post. The Oline has the most impact on the QB race. If they can hold blocks the most talented passer will start. If they play like they did today. Tate will start because of his mobility. Up and down performance today is all can say.

*Cam Harris is legit. He got yards on plays that should have been a negative play. Dee Jay looks good and when Lingard gets healthy. They are going to give the ACC problems.

*Our WR/TE group when everyone is healthy will be elite. Mallory and Osborn shined today. Osborn is the upgraded version of Berrios. Pope will eat this year. Payton seem to be open whenever he is on the field. Add JT4, Hightower, and Brevin combined with better playcalling. We should be throwing up points on the board.

*Blades Jr, Ivey, Carter, and Hall are big in person. Blades look like a safety that can run with WRs.

*Enos love to run draw plays and i really only remember one or two deep balls being thrown all game.

Advertisement
Do you really think the third TE on our offense gets 400 yards? Do you realize last year we only had one player over 400, it was Jeff Thomas with like 550.The last 4 years before that we had 3 total players per year reach over 400 yards receiving. ONE TE is usually in that mix, but to expect our third team TE to some how pull that off, it just isn’t realistic.

In my opinion, 200 yards from Irvin with a TD or two and a good amount of burn in the rotation should be considered a huge success.
Excellent rebuttal. And I think you make a great point. I got my number from thinking that the 3 te (if all healthy) finish around 17 to 1800 yards, with Irvin getting slightly less than a 1/4 of them. They are a perfect group, Jordan is the prototype, Mallory the freak, and Irvin could be a big-time possession type receiver safety blanket for the QB this year.

*DLine will eat this year. GR15, Nesta and Garvin will give offensive coordinators and Oline nightmares. The only problem i see and has been a problem with Diaz defenses is mobile QBs will have lanes to run and pick up yards.

*Watching the QBs live. Tate had the best day and was giving the first team defense problems with his legs. The biggest thing was his mental clock was moving faster than Perry and Williams. Williams has a NFL arm like the reports say but it just seem like he was playing slow. The INT he throw should have been a TD if either threw it earlier or put more power. Perry looked good against the walk-ons but he just seems to play slow against the ones.

* I said it before in another post. The Oline has the most impact on the QB race. If they can hold blocks the most talented passer will start. If they play like they did today. Tate will start because of his mobility. Up and down performance today is all can say.

*Cam Harris is legit. He got yards on plays that should have been a negative play. Dee Jay looks good and when Lingard gets healthy. They are going to give the ACC problems.

*Our WR/TE group when everyone is healthy will be elite. Mallory and Osborn shined today. Osborn is the upgraded version of Berrios. Pope will eat this year. Payton seem to be open whenever he is on the field. Add JT4, Hightower, and Brevin combined with better playcalling. We should be throwing up points on the board.

*Blades Jr, Ivey, Carter, and Hall is big in person. Blades look like a safety that can run with WRs.

*Enos love to run draw plays and i really only remember one or two deep balls being thrown all game.

Yes, Blades is a specimen and he has a very intriguing skillset with a very high ceiling. Glad you mentioned Tate's play-speed, because he naturally plays with the speed and urgency that Enos is looking for. Cam, from what I see, has a little Duke Johnson in terms of play-speed but not quite as quick. I like that Enos runs the draw, because a little delay and PA-delay can look so similar while holding the defense and allowing the receivers to get into routes; should be a staple of the offense.

Advertisement

*Blades Jr, Ivey, Carter, and Hall are big in person. Blades look like a safety that can run with WRs.

Great stuff. I agree 100% with everything you wrote about the QB's.

Yes, Blades is a specimen and he has a very intriguing skillset with a very high ceiling. Glad you mentioned Tate's play-speed, because he naturally plays with the speed and urgency that Enos is looking for. Cam, from what I see, has a little Duke Johnson in terms of play-speed but not quite as quick. I like that Enos runs the draw, because a little delay and PA-delay can look so similar while holding the defense and allowing the receivers to get into routes; should be a staple of the offense.

I agree with the Cam/Duke comparison and the effects of the draw play. I think our first team defense had seen it all camp so they were eating that play up today

Advertisement

You're right, looked at it again. KJ did a good job of adjiusting to it, but I still feel He should've come away with it, or at least played DB.

I agree with the Cam/Duke comparison and the effects of the draw play. I think our first team defense had seen it all camp so they were eating that play up today

I like that Enos runs the draw, because a little delay and PA-delay can look so similar while holding the defense and allowing the receivers to get into routes; should be a staple of the offense.

Agree with both of y'all on the draw play, RBs have ripped off some chunks on that play.

Everyone is praising our Dline but didn't they go against the 2nd string unit???? And if our 1st team unit is bad our 2nd string unit has to be worse right???

Advertisement
Back