Origin of the term "corch"

Agreed; but I believe the msg was how producers take hostage a tv child’s life where parents begin to have little say so in their affairs. Also, I think it was a take on the shenanigans that happen in Hollywood, where things appears all good on the surface, but behind closed doors, it’s something totally different; actually scary.

There was a LOT of subtext in that episode. The title ("Work Ethic") is a reference to a quote that Tyler Perry made about how he writes everything on all of the shows he produces, so I had to laugh when the "Steve Jobs" piano was used to convert his bad piano-playing into pages and pages of scripts.

There was also a lot of stuff in there (on which I won't comment, but I'm aware of the debate) on whether Tyler Perry's output is a good reflection of the culture or just capitalizes on and exploits the culture.

I know that Donald is going to talk about how this episode wasn't specifically about Tyler Perry, but that whole "Oh, hellurrrr..." line was a dead-on reference to Madea.

Advertisement
There was a LOT of subtext in that episode. The title ("Work Ethic") is a reference to a quote that Tyler Perry made about how he writes everything on all of the shows he produces, so I had to laugh when the "Steve Jobs" piano was used to convert his bad piano-playing into pages and pages of scripts.

There was also a lot of stuff in there (on which I won't comment, but I'm aware of the debate) on whether Tyler Perry's output is a good reflection of the culture or just capitalizes on and exploits the culture.

I know that Donald is going to talk about how this episode wasn't specifically about Tyler Perry, but that whole "Oh, hellurrrr..." line was a dead-on reference to Madea.

Absolutely facts, & we know exactly what the episode was in reference to. There were so many things wrapped up into that episode, bro. I thought it was brilliantly done. That’s y I love Atlanta; he’ll literally put like 4 or 5 things in an episode to make u think.

Also, the throwing of the hot grits was a scene from Madea’s “Family Reunion.” Lol. So it combined a whole slew of things in one episode.

Yeah man; Donald G is such a talented person. I know someone who’s in his circle. Was told to look out for him when he started doing stand up, but my brother can literally do it all. The Teddy Perkins episode is hilarious & crazy, too.

Also, I absolutely hate Atlanta airport, but pound for pound the amount of shear thickness of beauty that winds up there makes it tolerable. Lol

I would love to see him host SNL more frequently. As a person who both writes and performs (and he was a writer on 30 Rock), I think he would give the show a jolt whenever he's on. Also, as a Spider-Man reader since I was a kid, I'd like to see The Prowler get a bigger role in a future movie.

I've tried to be in the airport as little as possible, I had a Friday 5:40 am flight to Austin for the aTm game (and then had a delayed flight back that arrived after midnight on Sunday). Then on that Sunday night, they shut down part of the ATL "plane train", so I had to walk God-knows-how-far to get back to the terminal.

On the other hand, I have a new hobby in ATL. It's like "trainspotting", but I'm calling it "shoespotting". I look around at everyone to see what shoes they are wearing. I've seen a lot of Air Jordan 1s through 7s in the ATL, so that's nice.

FYI, won a draw on the Yeezy slides. I may think that he has lost his sanity and I'm not buying any more of his shoes, but he makes a **** fine slide.

Absolutely facts, & we know exactly what the episode was in reference to. There were so many things wrapped up into that episode, bro. I thought it was brilliantly done. That’s y I love Atlanta; he’ll literally put like 4 or 5 things in an episode to make u think.

Also, the throwing of the hot grits was a scene from Madea’s “Family Reunion.” Lol. So it combined a whole slew of things in one episode.

Yeah, man, I felt like Van, I watched all the early TP movies, but I've lost track of all the movies and TV shows lately.

And I loved how Mr. Chocolate summarized all the archetype characters who had interacted with Van that day, like the "gun-toting grandma".

I would love to see him host SNL more frequently. As a person who both writes and performs (and he was a writer on 30 Rock), I think he would give the show a jolt whenever he's on. Also, as a Spider-Man reader since I was a kid, I'd like to see The Prowler get a bigger role in a future movie.

I've tried to be in the airport as little as possible, I had a Friday 5:40 am flight to Austin for the aTm game (and then had a delayed flight back that arrived after midnight on Sunday). Then on that Sunday night, they shut down part of the ATL "plane train", so I had to walk God-knows-how-far to get back to the terminal.

On the other hand, I have a new hobby in ATL. It's like "trainspotting", but I'm calling it "shoespotting". I look around at everyone to see what shoes they are wearing. I've seen a lot of Air Jordan 1s through 7s in the ATL, so that's nice.

FYI, won a draw on the Yeezy slides. I may think that he has lost his sanity and I'm not buying any more of his shoes, but he makes a **** fine slide.

So one thing I heard about the slides; They r mad comfortable, but I’ve heard from two ppl now, they can be a bit uncomfortable around the top of foot; toe area b/c they run narrow. Also heard from my homegirl, who used to work for Adidas, that for some odd reason, some color ways run different in true to size form. I’m not sure if it’s due to the shoe being one full mode, & cuts r different, but she said they had complaints that a size 10 in one color way felt different than a size 10 in another color way.

Overall, good slide w/ good comfort features.

Advertisement
So one thing I heard about the slides; They r mad comfortable, but I’ve heard from two ppl now, they can be a bit uncomfortable around the top of foot; toe area b/c they run narrow. Also heard from my homegirl, who used to work for Adidas, that for some odd reason, some color ways run different in true to size form. I’m not sure if it’s due to the shoe being one full mode, & cuts r different, but she said they had complaints that a size 10 in one color way felt different than a size 10 in another color way.

I also heard that the sizing issues were due to when they were made, the older slides had different sizing issues than the current ones. Apparently the newer slides run truer to size. I've had no problems so far with Size 12. I went a full size larger on the Adilette 22s, and they were too big (and not as soft/flexible, so I'm gonna have to sell those).

@Rellyrell ...been rocking these for 3months (size 12) Super comfortable
DC9835_060_P1.jpeg

"Grassy" was another discussion board prior to CIS?

the GOAT of 'Canes boards.

Legendary posters like Original Canes Fan, Random Walk, Terd Ferguson, Cogley, Mapcane, Augie Doggie, Laus, and tons more .... plus some of the great canes fans insiders from the prior generation like marty rubin, jack light, mark kugler .... it was glorious

Advertisement

Legendary posters like Original Canes Fan, Random Walk, Terd Ferguson, Cogley, Mapcane, Augie Doggie, Laus, and tons more .... plus some of the great canes fans insiders from the prior generation like marty rubin, jack light, mark kugler .... it was glorious
Do you remember any of them using "corch"?

Absolutely outstanding. @mapcane ...remember those days??....Lol @terdferguson ...remember Jugsy Gate...Lmao

I saw this amazing pair of slides on SNKRS a few weeks ago, but they were $150, so I passed. ****, the Yeezys are bad enough at $70.

Oh, and @Rellyrell , I'm almost done reviving my all-white Air Force 1s, the ones I found at a Goodwill store for $6.

When u’re done, hit us w/ the final product!

Advertisement
Correct! That’s where it was born. Most older southern black folk will, for whatever reason, put a ‘r’ in the word coach. Don’t know why… it just happens. **** some of my folk put ‘r’ in a lot of words. Like onion. Sounds like “ornion”. IYKYK. But after that speech, the word “corch” was cemented as a word on CIS.🤣😂🤣

Happened before cis.

Advertisement
What ever happened to all those posters on grassy, Canes Jim ,Cogley, Auggie Doggie, Jacksonville cop ,Terd Ferguson and many others I can't remember

Got a couple spots on the leather that I need to polish up. Plus, I have to hit the soles again, try to clean those up as best as possible.

I got my original, deadstock 2005 Jordan dub zeros. One of my favorite & underrated J’s b/c it combined the 4’s, 6’s, & 11’s to celebrate the 20 yr history of the Jordan Brand. It’s completely thrashed, but my shoe guy said he can restore to near dead stock status w/o the arm and leg pricing.

Advertisement
Back