Origin of the term "corch"

Advertisement
I was not in existence on message boards back then. I only know that you were there and you liked the Lounge - whatever that was - probably where you could post pics of food and Native American artifacts in peace.
Speaking of which....Lol
IMG_2542.jpg

Correct! That’s where it was born. Most older southern black folk will, for whatever reason, put a ‘r’ in the word coach. Don’t know why… it just happens. **** some of my folk put ‘r’ in a lot of words. Like onion. Sounds like “ornion”. IYKYK. But after that speech, the word “corch” was cemented as a word on CIS.🤣😂🤣

1665498523044.png

Advertisement
hahahahah, Great thread. I remember it being used with Shannon. That is my earliest recollection. And I joined Grassy back in '97 just in time for the 5-6 season.

Any CIS historians out there that can shed light on why we started using "corch" to refer to an inept coach? I'm guessing the genesis was that "Go Gata" video, but do we have any other info on how it took on its current meaning?

I have to imagine it was born sometime during the Randy Shannon era, with its derivative terms (porster, ACC Coarstal, etc) coming later...

(Offseason came early this year so I figured I'd go ahead and get the shîtposting started)

Predates CIS by quite a while. It's part of an ancient dialect known only to Miami fans.

But no seriously, it's before CIS and from the Corrine Brown speech.

Unbelievable she was ever a Congresswoman

Advertisement
Predates CIS by quite a while. It's part of an ancient dialect known only to Miami fans.

But no seriously, it's before CIS and from the Corrine Brown speech.

Unbelievable she was ever a Congresswoman
She isn't even Top 5 dumb.

The heavyweight champ is Hank "Guam will Capsize" Johnson (D-4). I was in the room for this one several seats back from ADM Willard who answered the question beautifully.

This really happened from a sitting member of Congress.

For reals.

The heavyweight champ is Hank "Guam will Capsize" Johnson (D-4). I was in the room for this one several seats back from ADM Willard who answered the question beautifully.

For reals.

Amazing that Willard did not break into uncontrollable laughter.

Advertisement

For reals.

Shoot; I remember this interaction like it was yesterday. Almost turned in my Black Card after this Tom Foolery. Lol

Advertisement
Didn't like that episode but man that show kicks ***.

Agreed; but I believe the msg was how producers take hostage a tv child’s life where parents begin to have little say so in their affairs. Also, I think it was a take on the shenanigans that happen in Hollywood, where things appears all good on the surface, but behind closed doors, it’s something totally different; actually scary.

K, r u an Atlanta fan, too?

**** yeah. I've been a fan of Donald Glover's for a while. I liked when he would pop onto 30 Rock, and I loved Community right from the go.

Right from the beginning of the episode, I had a pretty good idea of what they were about to do, considering the Teddy Perkins episode.

On a related note, a couple of months ago, I got all twisted around trying to leave the Atlanta airport, and I ended up going past Tyler Perry Studios on my recomputed drive home.

**** yeah. I've been a fan of Donald Glover's for a while. I liked when he would pop onto 30 Rock, and I loved Community right from the go.

Right from the beginning of the episode, I had a pretty good idea of what they were about to do, considering the Teddy Perkins episode.

On a related note, a couple of months ago, I got all twisted around trying to leave the Atlanta airport, and I ended up going past Tyler Perry Studios on my recomputed drive home.

Yeah man; Donald G is such a talented person. I know someone who’s in his circle. Was told to look out for him when he started doing stand up, but my brother can literally do it all. The Teddy Perkins episode is hilarious & crazy, too.

Also, I absolutely hate Atlanta airport, but pound for pound the amount of shear thickness of beauty that winds up there makes it tolerable. Lol

Advertisement
Back