Origin of the term "corch"

Cane_Mutiny

Redshirt Freshman
Any CIS historians out there that can shed light on why we started using "corch" to refer to an inept coach? I'm guessing the genesis was that "Go Gata" video, but do we have any other info on how it took on its current meaning?

I have to imagine it was born sometime during the Randy Shannon era, with its derivative terms (porster, ACC Coarstal, etc) coming later...

(Offseason came early this year so I figured I'd go ahead and get the shîtposting started)

Advertisement
It’s a tale as old as time…

you should ask @whoopingcane

Same Old Same Old Starz GIF by Heels

Any CIS historians out there that can shed light on why we started using "corch" to refer to an inept coach? I'm guessing the genesis was that "Go Gata" video, but do we have any other info on how it took on its current meaning?

I have to imagine it was born sometime during the Randy Shannon era, with its derivative terms (porster, ACC Coarstal, etc) coming later...

(Offseason came early this year so I figured I'd go ahead and get the shîtposting started)

I believe after this piece it was born

I've thought the same of many CIS lingo.

Of course @Mklein13 with his vocabulary, but where did corch, porster, byke, etc originate from?

Advertisement

It's older than CIS. Fans are dumb and took a lady's pronunciation of a word and couldn't separate that from the referenced national championship coach( at now 2 rival schools), which resulted in "corch" being a bad coach because it's pronounced wrong. It's used sincerely by morons and tongue in cheek by others (probably still morons). It did come about during the Shannon era. Also, On May 11, 2017, former congresswoman Brown was convicted on 18 of 22 corruption charges ranging from mail fraud to filing a false federal tax return.

It's older than CIS. Fans are dumb and took a lady's pronunciation of a word and couldn't separate that from the referenced national championship coach( at now 2 rival schools), which resulted in "corch" being a bad coach because it's pronounced wrong. It's used sincerely by morons and tongue in cheek by others (probably still morons). It did come about during the Shannon era. Also, On May 11, 2017, former congresswoman Brown was convicted on 18 of 22 corruption charges ranging from mail fraud to filing a false federal tax return.

Explains corching and porsting at the same time…. 🤣

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

MORANS!

I believe after this piece it was born

Correct! That’s where it was born. Most older southern black folk will, for whatever reason, put a ‘r’ in the word coach. Don’t know why… it just happens. **** some of my folk put ‘r’ in a lot of words. Like onion. Sounds like “ornion”. IYKYK. But after that speech, the word “corch” was cemented as a word on CIS.🤣😂🤣

Advertisement
Back