Orgeron Model and/or Dabo Model?

Advertisement
first you can't blame the current coach for the last fifteen years of the program ... also, manny had our defense playing at a high level as a DC ... not elite but good enough to win the ACC which should be the first step in our resurgence
We lost to FIU. To Duke. To UNC. To LA Tech. And almost to CMU.

You can’t be this blind. Or maybe you can. Idk.

because they don't fire the coach after one year they're not invested? could it maybe be, that it's not a good look to fire a coach after a year ...
Could it maybe be, LSU has been far more competent as a program the past 15 years and their quick fixes don't automatically apply to our situation?

because they don't fire the coach after one year they're not invested? could it maybe be, that it's not a good look to fire a coach after a year ...

It's an even worse look to retain incompetence, no matter how long or short they have been with an organization.

Betas and poor performing organizations think that way, not alphas and high performing ones.

Your reference to Ed Orgeron and LSU is not a good comparison point. Ed and LSU situation has no similarity to UM. Why...?

Les Miles was fired 4 games into the 2016 season. Ed was 6-2 in the games that he coached as interim HC to finish the season. Once elevated to HC, he has compiled the following record: 2017 season 9-4, 2018 season 10-3, 2019 13-0 and on brink of a national championship.

The "Underachieving" that you referenced at LSU was under Les Miles, as they had started to slip the last few years of his tenure, and finally culminating in Les being fired after 4 games in 2016 season.

The characterization that they gave him "time to fix it, despite calls for his head..." does not reflect the facts or reality of Ed's tenure at LSU.

good point, maybe i should change the title, but i think the comparison still sticks, he took off when he got a new OC

Advertisement
I don't get why it's so far fetched to believe we could turn this thing around with a good OC, we just saw it happen with LSU ... it's not apples to apples in terms of league, but we gave up 20pts a game last year ... we get an OC that can scheme our talent and we have a chance ...

everyone was singing his praises when he hired enos, it just didn't work out, not sure it was a mistake though, he was the top guy on the market at the time

not me. I said it was a terrible hire before anybody else. It was obvious to anybody with half a brain.

Advertisement
With Manny being retained, but firing Enos it reminded of what LSU has done with Orgeron. They too had underachieved for a few years, however continued to give him time to fix it, despite loud calls for his head.

Give Manny or whoever credit for recognizing that Eno's offense wasn't the answer. We gave up 20pts a game, with a lot of youth on defense. I'm not sold on Manny at all, but if we can get an offensive guy in here that can help us put up points, we may get this thing right.

Dabo and Orgeron were recruiting well, stockpiling talent, when they tweaked their respective staffs for their final missing pieces. Our model is different insofar as we are missing many pieces. The model we are closer to is USC and Clay Helton last season, but even USC has more talent than us at WR and QB.

I don't get why it's so far fetched to believe we could turn this thing around with a good OC, we just saw it happen with LSU ... it's not apples to apples in terms of league, but we gave up 20pts a game last year ... we get an OC that can scheme our talent and we have a chance ...

Please don't think that because LSU lost one terrible game to Troy that our situations are in any way similar.

first you can't blame the current coach for the last fifteen years of the program ... also, manny had our defense playing at a high level as a DC ... not elite but good enough to win the ACC which should be the first step in our resurgence

his defense had a chance to win the ACC. and proceeded to allow 21 straight points to start the game vs Clemson. so no, its wasnt good enough to win the ACC.

secondly, Randy Shannon was twice the DC manny ever was, and was a horrendous HC. the two things dont correlate.

thirdly, is manny a family member or do you work for blake james?

manny’s defense was bad on 3rd down and he changed it added a striker! He’s shown the ability to adapt, maybe he can do the same as a head coach!!

Advertisement
yes, we are Miami ... the only difference is conference ... if we were in the SEC we'd be in deep ****, but in the ACC if we can get the offense fixed we have a shot ...

If we were in the SEC Least we’d get more TV money, more bag money, we’d play the Gatah every year, and I suspect we’d be more invested in football because the conference culture isn’t centered around basketball. We’d be competitive, and by that token, Manny would never have come within a mile of this job.

Joining this clown conference has killed us as an institution.

Dabo and Orgeron were recruiting well, stockpiling talent, when they tweaked their respective staffs for their final missing pieces. Our model is different insofar as we are missing many pieces. The model we are closer to is USC and Clay Helton last season, but even USC has more talent than us at WR and QB.
no argument there, but that's why i made the point about the league difference, we recruit well enough to win our league

manny’s defense was bad on 3rd down and he changed it added a striker! He’s shown the ability to adapt, maybe he can do the same as a head coach!!

and guess what, they were bad on third down again this year. look up the statistics.

so no he didnt adapt. he sucks.

Advertisement

I agree with this, but there is virtually zero indication that Manny will make the right hire. Quite the opposite actually. The Enos hire was a colossal **** up, and what’s worse is that it was obvious from day 1. The fact that Manny actually thought Enos was a good hire is a HUGE indictment of his intelligence and awareness of his surroundings.

With Manny being retained, but firing Enos it reminded of what LSU has done with Orgeron. They too had underachieved for a few years, however continued to give him time to fix it, despite loud calls for his head.

Give Manny or whoever credit for recognizing that Eno's offense wasn't the answer. We gave up 20pts a game, with a lot of youth on defense. I'm not sold on Manny at all, but if we can get an offensive guy in here that can help us put up points, we may get this thing right.

this isnt the orgeron model. Oc’s have been getting fired for decades. orgeron just lucked out that everything lined up perfect for him.

no argument there, but that's why i made the point about the league difference, we recruit well enough to win our league

UNC is recruiting well and it appears that VT, UVA, and GT are stepping it up as well. I would not assume anything.

Advertisement
Back