Orgeron Model and/or Dabo Model?

ageezy

Cane til I Die
With Manny being retained, but firing Enos it reminded of what LSU has done with Orgeron. They too had underachieved for a few years, however continued to give him time to fix it, despite loud calls for his head.

Give Manny or whoever credit for recognizing that Eno's offense wasn't the answer. We gave up 20pts a game, with a lot of youth on defense. I'm not sold on Manny at all, but if we can get an offensive guy in here that can help us put up points, we may get this thing right.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
If they were fully invested, Manny would of never been hired
there are two train of thoughts go get an established coach or try to get the upcoming coach ... we went established and he burned out after a year, now we went the other route .... i'm not happy either but it's what we have and atleast we're working toward trying to figure out the offense

Advertisement
With Manny being retained, but firing Enos it reminded of what LSU has done with Orgeron. They too had underachieved for a few years, however continued to give him time to fix it, despite loud calls for his head.

Give Manny or whoever credit for recognizing that Eno's offense wasn't the answer. We gave up 20pts a game, with a lot of youth on defense. I'm not sold on Manny at all, but if we can get an offensive guy in here that can help us put up points, we may get this thing right.
False choice. This is more like the Willie Taggart model.

Advertisement

Your reference to Ed Orgeron and LSU is not a good comparison point. Ed and LSU situation has no similarity to UM. Why...?

Les Miles was fired 4 games into the 2016 season. Ed was 6-2 in the games that he coached as interim HC to finish the season. Once elevated to HC, he has compiled the following record: 2017 season 9-4, 2018 season 10-3, 2019 13-0 and on brink of a national championship.

The "Underachieving" that you referenced at LSU was under Les Miles, as they had started to slip the last few years of his tenure, and finally culminating in Les being fired after 4 games in 2016 season.

The characterization that they gave him "time to fix it, despite calls for his head..." does not reflect the facts or reality of Ed's tenure at LSU.

LSU has been a top 10 program the last 15 years.

Ed Orgeron also commands the respect of his team. Manny Diaz is a nerdy rich boy that none of these kids respect.

Just stop.
first you can't blame the current coach for the last fifteen years of the program ... also, manny had our defense playing at a high level as a DC ... not elite but good enough to win the ACC which should be the first step in our resurgence

everyone was singing his praises when he hired enos, it just didn't work out, not sure it was a mistake though, he was the top guy on the market at the time
Everyone was not singing his praises. Many felt that this was an opportunity that was ****ed away. Blake James didn’t test the market as the coaching search took him all but a few hours. The disastrous results show the fruits of that lazy coaching search.

Advertisement
Back