Oregon Starting CB DJ James hits portal

You're delusional if you believe that. You don't know me. Lol at me being behind on "modern recruiting". I went to Auburn and I have a teenaged son that's being recruited by p5 schools. I've posted video of my son here for guys.

You don't know what the fck you're talking about. The bag man is real. I've personally been involved in securing players for Auburn.
Facts. The bags will never stop regardless of Nil deals. Free money is free money.

Advertisement
You're delusional if you believe that. You don't know me. Lol at me being behind on "modern recruiting". I went to Auburn and I have a teenaged son that's being recruited by p5 schools. I've posted video of my son here for guys.

You don't know what the fck you're talking about. The bag man is real. I've personally been involved in securing players for Auburn.
No offense, but why do you consider yourself a Cane if you're monetarily supporting another school?

Take him regardless of Stevenson, worst case he can compete with Couch for the slot job.
He's NOT going to leave his starting corner position at Oregon to become the slot corner at Miami or anywhere else.

I just don't understand these kinds of posts. Let me be clear, these players are not leaving their schools to get less playing time elsewhere. Generally, they're leaving to get more playing time or to showcase their talents at a better program.

He's NOT going to leave his starting corner position at Oregon to become the slot corner at Miami or anywhere else.

I just don't understand these kinds of posts. Let me be clear, these players are not leaving their schools to get less playing time elsewhere. Generally, they're leaving to get more playing time or to showcase their talents at a better program.
Going home is big in some cases

If you’re gonna vent like this in public you should be paying all of us to be your therapists. Maybe log off for a bit? Take care of your mentals?

Advertisement

Would he be a slot corner? He’s got good size, probably has a decent chance to win the other starting CB job here next to Tyrique.

Facts. The bags will never stop regardless of Nil deals. Free money is free money.
NiL makes it legal to pay players money. The traditional "bag men" are irrelevant. They no longer need to hide and cheat. If a school still has a bagman then they're doing it wrong. NIL levels the playing field for the schools that weren't cheating. TAMU was probably already cheating before NIL. However, it's obvious their boosters put together a massive NIL program to get all thes top recruits they have. Even a school like Jackson State has got in on the NIL action to lure in the top DB recruit.

With NIL, Miami can now keep our young men home who would normally chase the bag elsewhere. Sure there'll be some type of bidding wars, but I think there will be few of them. I don't believe a player is going to chose one school over another just because the bag was slightly bigger. It would have to be significantly more in order for that to happen. With the infrastructure being put in place by the administration and boosters like the Ruiz family, Miami is positioning itself for the future.

College football has changed. I think for the better. It may look ugly because we can now see how the sausage is made, but more student athletes are getting paid and that's a good thing in a sport where they make millions for the schools and coaches. Only 1% of the players will move on to professional sports, so it's good that the student athletes can help out their families and get a head start on life after their sport is over.

Whereever he goes, im pretty sure he wants some form of guarantee that a starting job is his to lose. Maybe not handed to him immediately but his to lose. TS wasnt a starter out the gate when he transferred here last offseason. But when it was opening day, he **** sure was.

Advertisement
Going home is big in some cases
Of course, home is always going to be a big factor. However, I doubt Tyrique Stevenson would have came home if he was only going to play the slot corner or other limited role He left UGA because he wanted to show he was more than what Kirby was using him for.

I could see young men returning home for the same role/playing time, but not less.

If you’re gonna vent like this in public you should be paying all of us to be your therapists. Maybe log off for a bit? Take care of your mentals?
If that is venting then you're soft as butter on a Miami summer day. I pointed out that the post is not logical. A starter is not going to leave his school for less playing time elsewhere. People posting how we should go get player xyz without any thought to our roster and more importantly the transfer player's perspective.

NiL makes it legal to pay players money. The traditional "bag men" are irrelevant. They no longer need to hide and cheat. If a school still has a bagman then they're doing it wrong. NIL levels the playing field for the schools that weren't cheating. TAMU was probably already cheating before NIL. However, it's obvious their boosters put together a massive NIL program to get all thes top recruits they have. Even a school like Jackson State has got in on the NIL action to lure in the top DB recruit.

With NIL, Miami can now keep our young men home who would normally chase the bag elsewhere. Sure there'll be some type of bidding wars, but I think there will be few of them. I don't believe a player is going to chose one school over another just because the bag was slightly bigger. It would have to be significantly more in order for that to happen. With the infrastructure being put in place by the administration and boosters like the Ruiz family, Miami is positioning itself for the future.

College football has changed. I think for the better. It may look ugly because we can now see how the sausage is made, but more student athletes are getting paid and that's a good thing in a sport where they make millions for the schools and coaches. Only 1% of the players will move on to professional sports, so it's good that the student athletes can help out their families and get a head start on life after their sport is over.
Some places may struggle working within the confines of an NIL, and its easier to revert to old habits and infrastructure already in place. Although kids will find out real quick that money that hits the bank account is way way way better than cash.

Advertisement

Gone head and tell Auburn you need to talk to James to have him go there, when you’re actually going to convince him to come to Miami 🤗

Some places may struggle working within the confines of an NIL, and its easier to revert to old habits and infrastructure already in place. Although kids will find out real quick that money that hits the bank account is way way way better than cash.
Why would any player risk taking an illegal bag when he can get it legally? It's not even that hard to be NIL compliant. Doesn't make sense.

Advertisement
Some kids dont care, money is money. Kids do some dumb *** **** when they are that age.
Everyone knows NIL is legal and easy. If someone is using old bag techniques, then they're getting left behind.

When a young man shows up with a brand new luxery car, and compliance sees that he has no NIL registered, there's going to be a problem.

NiL is easy money. I think doing it illegally is probably harder than doing it legally.

Southern Baptist churches aren't going anywhere anytime soon. They've stood the test of times in the SEC. . .

And funneling $ through churches/charities and calling it "NIL" is now legal. Everyone knows its the same people giving money, they just don't have to hide it anymore.

Look at A&M. Those were bags in the past. Now it's NIL. Same people, same money, just no reason to hide it/act secretive like your alluding to. Auburn dropping $ is a given. I assume Mario is very aware of the situation, otherwise he wouldn't have brought James in on a visit.

Advertisement
Back