Oregon Starting CB DJ James hits portal

No he won’t.

I haven’t forgotten about him, he’s just not good.

I’m not clinging onto hope against hope anymore waiting for players to play above their means.

Yall spent 3 years tryna convince me that Ivey just needed more time & “he just needs confidence!”, but what did I tell yall from the jump??? Not doing that sh*t again bruh lol...
This is his year. Trust me
(Sarcasm)

Advertisement
Couch was a huge disappointment considering TRob was an upgrade at DB coach. Hoping that was just a sophomore slump and he can get his act together this year. I think he still has some promise at the dime spot where there is less pressure on him to perform like a starter.
Couch's physical limitations of size make him best suited to cover slot receivers. When he went up against larger receivers on the outside he was boxed out repeatedly. Kind of like Bandy. He worked well as a nickel but not so much on the outside.

As starters no.

Clarke can be okay as a Nickel Corner & Curtis is too early to tell, so we’ll see.

But the point is, they need to be pushed to see if they can earn their spot instead of just having it arbitrarily handed to them. They need competition to see what they’re made of.
I agree with you 100%. This is the problem. Standards are too low. Our corners should look like Bama and Georgia’s did yesterday. If they don’t they shouldn’t be starters here. Stevenson, although not great, looks and plays different than everyone else in the corner room. He has good speed and is physical. But As a whole, Our corners are soft and slow. Football isn’t a complicated game. Running and tackling can make a world of difference. Closing speed in the secondary and the ability to tackle in open space leads to great defense. Couch is small with average speed and can’t tackle. Dunson average speed not nearly physical enough, Clarke is okay but doesn’t have elite speed nor is he very physical. Hopefully we can land James. He doesn’t have great speed but he’s physical and can tackle.

We have to stop recruiting slow Corners that can’t tackle. It’s crazy how slow our team looks relative to the elite teams. People think Malik Curtis is a burner and the man ran 11.0 in high school smh

No he won’t.

I haven’t forgotten about him, he’s just not good.

I’m not clinging onto hope against hope anymore waiting for players to play above their means.

Yall spent 3 years tryna convince me that Ivey just needed more time & “he just needs confidence!”, but what did I tell yall from the jump??? Not doing that sh*t again bruh lol...
Couch took 11 steps back this year. Dunson was in over this head like Kareem playing against Kevin Hart in the paint. Ivey is well Ivey. Stephenson was a bulldog and the best corner we've had in a long time.

Advertisement
Auburn wants him badly. Had him do a Zoom call with Carlton Davis. A bag will be dropped. Miami will have a decision to make.

Auburn wants him badly. Had him do a Zoom call with Carlton Davis. A bag will be dropped. Miami will have a decision to make.
When Carlton Davis is the best you got...LOL.

Both schools can offer an immediate starting gig. Is this kid bag worthy? I guess it will come down to fit. Him already knowing Mario has to help here. Sheesh.

Advertisement
One other thing. It's been discussed hundreds of times I'm sure. If he signs with Miami, someone dropped a sizable bag to secure the young man services. That would tell me it's a new day in Miami.

Notice I said "sizeable" bag. . .

Both schools can offer an immediate starting gig. Is this kid bag worthy? I guess it will come down to fit. Him already knowing Mario has to help here. Sheesh.
I'm not sure. I've never watched his tape like that. I think he has a better opportunity at Miami because he'll get coached up by a proven position coach.

Lol. Which NFL starting SB winning corner we gonna get to call him? Nah, scratch that..which NFL CB we gonna get to call him period?

TRob better push that development resume lol.

Advertisement
Banks didn’t do a thing at Bama, he’s only wanted so much cause he had a Bama uniform on that didn’t get dirty. I’ll take this kid over Banks every time

Supposedly Banks was demanding to start if he came. To me, that's a litmus test. You tell him no guarantees, and if he comes, it means he's willing to compete. If he doesn't, it means you dodged a bullet anyway. We can't wonderlic and drill kids, but it's a personality test we are able to use.

Advertisement
Any updates? A little wet today but miles better than the rest of the country.

His official ended today, right?

Advertisement
Back