Oregon fan's

Saban just tried last year to hire Lane's S&C coach Wilson Love away from Ole Miss to be Saban's head S&C coach. Lane took Wilson Love with him from Bama to FAU and now Ole Miss. When Lane got to FAU Wilson Love revamped the S&C program. Everyone knows of his "protein shakes". The new S&C helped turn around FAU. Now Ole Miss just had their first 10 win regular season ever. You can't pass up a chance to have a S&C coach that Saban tried to hire away.

Ok, thanks for answering. That makes a lot more sense. Didn't know about the coaching circle there. But also after doing some research...Oregon's S&C Coach was targeted by Saban as well:

Advertisement
Ok, thanks for answering. That makes a lot more sense. Didn't know about the coaching circle there. But also after doing some research...Oregon's S&C Coach was targeted by Saban as well:

Nice!

Heard. There's probably a way with Mario to massively upgrade the S&C. Hey, I'm sorry, I just want us to win another NC very badly. All things equal I'd love having Mario over Lane. I'm a 3rd generation Miamian. But let's hope Mario asks for the best.
A little bit of roids never hurt anyone.

Hemorrhoids that is.

What a joke. Anyone can see Lane is a perfect fit for the QB’s we have. The worst part about this is that UM would gladly turn down a chance to have Lane’s Bama S&C program To have yet another “Miami” coach. UM will never win another NC unless they get Bama’s S&C. Oregon’s S&C just got curbstomped 38-7.

What about the other 23 starters, leadership, continuity, trust and the rest of it?

Also you realize Mario was literally Associate Head Coach, recruiting coordinator, and OL coach UNDER F'ING SABAN AT BAMA, NO?

Advertisement
I'm usually on the safe side of these predictions but I cannot fathom a scenario where Mario isn't the HC at miami by monday unless we just absolutely refuse to pony up the $$

our university has publicly said they are going to pump in a ton of money and resources and give full support and they WANT Mario. It's where he grew up, where he played, where he coached, where is family is.

he would get no flak for taking the job, just makes too much sense.

Oregon fans are going to be the ones where tin foil hats
What's going to be really funny is when the switch flips and they all start saying how Mario wasn't that good and they're going to get a better coach, and the dumpster fire that is Miami and that stupid Mario deserve each other, etc, etc.

I sure hope we're right and they're wrong... but the signs seem pretty **** obvious.

Oregon beat Ohio State though. Ole Miss’ best win is over #24 Texas A&M. So it tends to level out.

Oregon's two best wins were over 4-loss teams, at home. In the end, they really didn't beat anyone very good, Kiffin had a once in a decade QB for Ole Miss (that, along with the rest of their key players, he didn't recruit) and they were crap on the road. Zoom out. Everything aligned perfectly for him this year, and he knows it. Which is why he's desperately trying to leave.

Its definitely comparable. He played a PAC-12 schedule with a PAC-12 roster and faced the best cross divisional team, he also played OSU this year. Ole Miss played an SEC schedule with an SEC roster and pulled a decent Tenn team and the worst team in the conference. But this isn't something I'm going to argue about because I never fed into the PAC-12/ACC is weak, SEC is NFL argument. The main point of my post (the previous) is to question what Lane knows about Bama's S&C program that Mario doesn't?
No, no it's not. To compare the football programs in the PAC 12 to those of the SEC west, the teams that have completely embraced the tactics of win at all costs now mentality, and to think they are equal, is foolish. Ole Miss has it a lot harder than Oregon does, a school, at the moment, that has no peers in it's conference as far as football is concerned.

Advertisement
Hello lurking Oregon fans 👋
This is literally a rehash of their Taggart situation. Current Oregon HC has a chance to go home and coach at his Alma Mater on the complete opposite side of the country, in better recruiting territory. But don’t worry, he’d never leave Oregon… Uncle Phil would never allow that. We have the facilities, the money, the better team, blah blah blah.

Suprised they are so worried about losing him, a better Xs and Os and situational coach could do a lot with a transfer QB and their roster
Most aren’t worried about losing him because they’ve buried their heads in the sand. Losing Mario would be a reflection, like it was with Taggart, that they’re a stepping stone program. No one stays long enough to win a natty for them. When a coach gets their wins there, they move onto the next opportunity.

There are good arguments as to why Cristobal would stay. Those good arguments are Oregon centric arguments, but most of the stuff I’ve seen from fans is based on Miami being bad and not having resources (maybe that was the case before but not now).

Most aren’t worried about losing him because they’ve buried their heads in the sand. Losing Mario would be a reflection, like it was with Taggart, that they’re a stepping stone program. No one stays long enough to win a natty for them. When a coach gets their wins there, they move onto the next opportunity.

There are good arguments as to why Cristobal would stay. Those good arguments are Oregon centric arguments, but most of the stuff I’ve seen from fans is based on Miami being bad and not having resources (maybe that was the case before but not now).
That's totally fair

Advertisement
Advertisement
OU fans didn't think Riley would leave, and the Domers didn't think Kelly would leave either - and neither of them left to their hometown and alma mater.

What the **** has Oregon done to make their fanbase so arrogant to think that a coach would never leave?
I never thought Lebron would go back to Cleveland after the way Dan Gilbert acted when he left and he still went home.

Advertisement
Back