Oregon fan's

Advertisement
What a joke. Anyone can see Lane is a perfect fit for the QB’s we have. The worst part about this is that UM would gladly turn down a chance to have Lane’s Bama S&C program To have yet another “Miami” coach. UM will never win another NC unless they get Bama’s S&C. Oregon’s S&C just got curbstomped 38-7.

This doesn't make any sense at all. You do realize, Mario and Lane coached at Bama at the same time right? Mario was there a year longer AND was Assistant Head Coach. Mario also coached in the trenches. Ole Miss lost just as many games as Oregon did lmao

It's a flawed notion that Mario is going to turn us into a recruiting juggernaut. Potential recruits know what's up. With a high school S&C program it's absolutely insane to pin your hopes that 1 person is going to convince recruits to come here. And let's say he gets recruits to come here. The S&C still sucks and it's basically going to be Richt results on the field.
That’s the argument for the Lane Train. Although to be fair to Oregon, their OL has improved markedly.

Just not against Utah. Let’s see what happens tonight.

OU fans didn't think Riley would leave, and the Domers didn't think Kelly would leave either - and neither of them left to their hometown and alma mater.

What the **** has Oregon done to make their fanbase so arrogant to think that a coach would never leave?
Phil Knight’s money. Too many games victories against Corstal level competition in the PAC-12 North.

Oregon, like us, doesn’t play in a Big Boy Division. So they don’t know what they don’t know. Although it could be argued that our competition has improved over the past years.

This doesn't make any sense at all. You do realize, Mario and Lane coached at Bama at the same time right? Mario was there a year longer AND was Assistant Head Coach. Mario also coached in the trenches. Ole Miss lost just as many games as Oregon did lmao
One played in the SEC west. The other played in the PAC 12 North. These two divisions are not similar at all.

Advertisement
It's a flawed notion that Mario is going to turn us into a recruiting juggernaut. Potential recruits know what's up. With a high school S&C program it's absolutely insane to pin your hopes that 1 person is going to convince recruits to come here. And let's say he gets recruits to come here. The S&C still sucks and it's basically going to be Richt results on the field.
You’re assuming Mario would be unable to extract financial concession from Miami as part of negotiations.

You’re assuming Mario would be unable to extract financial concession from Miami as part of negotiations.
Heard. There's probably a way with Mario to massively upgrade the S&C. Hey, I'm sorry, I just want us to win another NC very badly. All things equal I'd love having Mario over Lane. I'm a 3rd generation Miamian. But let's hope Mario asks for the best.

Advertisement
If it was anyone else besides Ferman I would get excited
He sucks and he will never ever be able to wipe out the stains from the Gruden fiasco or bringing on Charles Robinson for a Q&A on his site. That being said, he 100% was on Richt to Miami before anyone else.

One played in the SEC west. The other played in the PAC 12 North. These two divisions are not similar at all.

Its definitely comparable. He played a PAC-12 schedule with a PAC-12 roster and faced the best cross divisional team, he also played OSU this year. Ole Miss played an SEC schedule with an SEC roster and pulled a decent Tenn team and the worst team in the conference. But this isn't something I'm going to argue about because I never fed into the PAC-12/ACC is weak, SEC is NFL argument. The main point of my post (the previous) is to question what Lane knows about Bama's S&C program that Mario doesn't?

Also, don’t worry, after Mario leaves there will
Be plenty of “he wasn’t a good coach anyways”
From them 😂
You better believe that’s coming. Or “we let him go because he wasn’t worth the money y’all are paying.”

Kelly doing ND dirty when they could possibly be in the playoffs was the cherry on top for him moving.

Because of all the coaching changes (specifically Riley and Kelly) Mario leaving will be seen by the media as the most classy.

Riley abandoned OU because he was scared of the SEC.

Mario could play the family card and that he’s leaving Oregon in a better position.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It's going to be awkward when he runs to midfield in the middle of the championship game tonight, rips off his Oregon shirt to reveal his old UM jersey

Its definitely comparable. He played a PAC-12 schedule with a PAC-12 roster and faced the best cross divisional team, he also played OSU this year. Ole Miss played an SEC schedule with an SEC roster and pulled a decent Tenn team and the worst team in the conference. But this isn't something I'm going to argue about because I never fed into the PAC-12/ACC is weak, SEC is NFL argument. The main point of my post (the previous) is to question what Lane knows about Bama's S&C program that Mario doesn't?
Saban just tried last year to hire Lane's S&C coach Wilson Love away from Ole Miss to be Saban's head S&C coach. Lane took Wilson Love with him from Bama to FAU and now Ole Miss. When Lane got to FAU Wilson Love revamped the S&C program. Everyone knows of his "protein shakes". The new S&C helped turn around FAU. Now Ole Miss just had their first 10 win regular season ever. You can't pass up a chance to have a S&C coach that Saban tried to hire away.

Advertisement
3C9C4F9F-4747-420F-A570-277F248FA3F1.png

Oregon fans soon

Advertisement
Back