Oregon fan's

Ah yes, battle of the fanbase gifs.
ezgif-6-a3f65e6f8d93.gif

Now sit back and enjoy the next few days.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
What a joke. Anyone can see Lane is a perfect fit for the QB’s we have. The worst part about this is that UM would gladly turn down a chance to have Lane’s Bama S&C program To have yet another “Miami” coach. UM will never win another NC unless they get Bama’s S&C. Oregon’s S&C just got curbstomped 38-7.

The scorn from Oregon is understandable. Few fan bases are as toxic towards their own program as we are towards our Canes. Our AD and HC searches look like chaos, but it may actually be an outfit that after 20 years is getting its sh*t together.

Having lost to Auburn and Taint in both of their Natty appearances, Oregon doesn’t have much to hang their hat on except the Rose Bowl and their annual appearance in the PAC-12 Championship Game. Their division is historically weak (weaker than the Corstal, if that’s possible). And things are about to get a lot worse for the Ducks with Chip Kelly improving UCLA and USC shutting down Southern California with the Riley hire.

Mario is the best recruiter in the country, but Eugene is NOT Los Angeles. I’m front LA. I know.

I was skeptical of the Mario hire. I know we could be outbid by Uncle Phil Knight in the past quite easily, although we are apparently bringing more chips to the table now. My suspicion is that things are in train and that both fan bases are in for a shock.

Advertisement
If I were Rob Mullens, Id already have a list ready. Whether we get Mario or not, that extention hasnt been signed and I'd be worried until it does or Miami announces a different coach. I wouldnt be surprised if Mullens has already run backchannels to gauge interest from his top targets so he isnt behind the 8-ball when the music stops from this coaching musical chairs game going on.

Advertisement
It's a flawed notion that Mario is going to turn us into a recruiting juggernaut. Potential recruits know what's up. With a high school S&C program it's absolutely insane to pin your hopes that 1 person is going to convince recruits to come here. And let's say he gets recruits to come here. The S&C still sucks and it's basically going to be Richt results on the field.

Advertisement
Back