Orange Bowl Stadium

The Orange Bowl was old, dirty, uncomfortable, & outdated. She gave me great memories as a child & I was able to take my kid there as well, BUT.....

Hard Rock is an ELITE home stadium & we are lucky to call it home.

Advertisement
Yeah it does apply, Rain Man. I’m feeling generous, so I’ll walk you through it.

You said people who go to the stadium to attend games don’t complain about the stadium.

You’re not considering the people who don’t go to the stadium because they don’t like the stadium. Those people are also fans.

Of course people who went out of their way to go to Hard Rock on a Saturday are going to give you a more positive opinion on the building, on average.

But that says nothing about the average Canes fan. That’s a sampling bias.

Now get off my nuts.

You still don’t understand sampling bias.

Anyone that’s even had a basic statistics course is laughing at you.

No, but you don’t know it to be impossible either.

What I know is that as a fan, I miss the Orange Bowl. We haven’t been the same program since.
What I do know is that its takes a lot of money to maintain a stadium of that size. No one misses it more than I.

Advertisement
City of Miami never did a F-ing thing for the OB.....Had a Cot **** HS Scoreboard forever....F-them....Fans literally standing in ****...****** concessions....F-them.....
8 SBs
A field that produced a Perfect team
A field that produced a 58-0 winning streak
A field that produced excellence....
But lets tear it down and build a F-ing erector set on Hallowed grounds.....smfh...
The OB was considered a luxury not a necessity to the city. My father fought tooth and nail for his budgets for 20 years. He'd submit his initial budget and get it returned at least a half dozen times demanding cuts until it was bare bones.

HRS is a great venue but it can feel a bit antiseptic because of its size and a million bells and whistles. It would be better if we could copy Minnesota or Baylor (45/50k) and call a new off-campus stadium our own. The old Miami Arena site, Tropical Park, the Beckham overtown lot, or even Dodge Island would be better than Miami Gardens, the murder capital of the world. Renovating Marlins Park would be ideal. I could be wrong but I get the feeling that those who prefer HRS to the Orange Bowl aren't born/raised in Miami.

City of Miami never did a F-ing thing for the OB.....Had a Cot **** HS Scoreboard forever....F-them....Fans literally standing in ****...****** concessions....F-them.....
8 SBs
A field that produced a Perfect team
A field that produced a 58-0 winning streak
A field that produced excellence....
But lets tear it down and build a F-ing erector set on Hallowed grounds.....smfh...

Exactly. Their failure needs to be called out.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Well since this is a canes board I’m not focused on the Crimson but the canes. Thanks for playing

Good. And I’m focused on the Orange Bowl stadium, since Saturday might be the only time the Canes play on that site again.

If the city of Miami had journalists worth a crap, there might be a great story there about how the OB was neglected and torn down.

Instead, we only have our threads to raise awareness and awaken memories.

Good. And I’m focused on the Orange Bowl stadium, since Saturday might be the only time the Canes play on that site again.

If the city of Miami had journalists worth a crap, there might be a great story there about how the OB was neglected and torn down.

Instead, we only have our threads to raise awareness and awaken memories.

The OB is dead and buried. It’s been about 12 years. Let it fūcking go.

It’s not a religion, it was neglected, falling apart and probably unsafe. Personally, I had great times there, but I’m not missing a **** floating by while I ****ed out a half dozen Presidente beers in a corner.

Good riddance.

I’m not the least bit nostalgic about it, because only over-sentimental old women cry about “how things were”.

Also, the last game there was such a sucktastic production it left a lingering bad aftertaste after all the good that happened there.

Whatever happens from this point forward ain’t happening at any OB, that’s gone and will never come back.

Move on.

It’s not a religion, it was neglected, falling apart and probably unsafe. Personally, I had great times there, but I’m not missing a **** floating by while I ****ed out a half dozen Presidente beers in a corner.

Good riddance.

I’m not the least bit nostalgic about it, because only over-sentimental old women cry about “how things were”.

Also, the last game there was such a sucktastic production it left a lingering bad aftertaste after all the good that happened there.

Whatever happens from this point forward ain’t happening at any OB, that’s gone and will never come back.

Move on.

If they want us to love Hard Rock, the only way is to win a national title there.

There will be opportunities.

But Manny doesn’t get to just wish away fan nostalgia for a place as iconic as the OB. “Get over it” is unsatisfying.

Those other teams he mentioned - the Yankees, the Celtics, etc....they’ve won championships since they’ve moved.

Miami? We’ve **** the bed. Canes AND Dolphins, by the way. Dolphins haven’t won **** in that stadium either.

Every criticism I have for UM and Diaz are totally within their control to fix.

Advertisement

Good riddance.

Move on.

Yeah but we could reclaim the land that's in the heart of the citay. Hard Rock will do just fine in the meantime but that spot just west of DT Miami is still important so long as they don't turn it into more apartment buildings for 5'3 Nicaraguan landscapers.

New stadium rendering proposed for downtown

Marlins-Park-750x350.png

If you honestly believe a urine soaked rusting ****hole was integral to our success, then why did it let us down season after season? It wasn't until the 80's that we had significant success. Why did it hate us for 40+ years? Why didn't it do more to help after 2002? You'd think it would have seen that its survival was tied to our continued success.

Maybe the OB went Kevorkian.

Advertisement
Back