Orange Bowl Stadium

Advertisement
Except that the Orange Bowl wasn't ours, either.

Apparently not.... that's why there's a baseball team there now. But it was seen as ours by our players, fans, and by the football world. We were the only residents. We had our ring of fame up.

Go to a game at Hard Rock Stadium and you know instantly that it's not ours. It's full of Dolphins stuff. It's amateur hour.

Go to a game at Hard Rock Stadium and you know instantly that it's not ours. It's full of Dolphins stuff. It's amateur hour.

Nobody that actually goes to game cares about that.

Far from amateur hour, games at the hard rock are great. I’ve loved every moment of it especially since the renovations.

Pretty much 100% of the people that go to games feel the same way. Nobody ever complains about the hard rock that goes to games, except doofuses like you that never actually go.

I also went to a ton of games at the Orange bowl. But that’s in the past, it’s dead and gone, something people like you can’t seem to accept

Advertisement
And who was the mayor? Manny Diaz.
He was mayor for what 8 years? The OB was built in 1937. He was mayor when the City Of Miami and Dade County were in extreme financial distress. Unfortunately, the OB was a ball and chain that was costing the city millions - especially after the Dolphins left. Maybe there was a better solution - may be not.

He was mayor for what 8 years? The OB was built in 1937. He was mayor when the City Of Miami and Dade County were in extreme financial distress. Unfortunately, the OB was a ball and chain that was costing the city millions - especially after the Dolphins left. Maybe there was a better solution - may be not.

They could have gifted it to UM. Like Los Angeles gifted the Colosseum to USC.

We're going back to holy ground on Saturday. It's kind of ironic that the Miami Hurricanes are about to be the VISITING team at the site of the Orange Bowl, and the opposing coach is gonna be Butch Davis.

And here we are, 15 years after the old lady was defiled, and we have won absolutely zero since. Returning to the OB site kind of makes all of that hit home.

Here's what Manny Diaz had to say about that....

So.... hold up. We're being coached by the SON of the man who tore down the Orange Bowl.... on the site of the Orange Bowl..... against the last great coach we had at the Orange Bowl.

And all this ************ can say is "...time moves on."

LMAO.

************ beats Louisville and now he thinks he can talk big an disrespect our past like that.

It ain't right. None of it.

Break out your santeria gear, we are going to exorcise some ghosts.

Advertisement
In a perfect world, the U would have their own stadium. There's just too many obstacles to overcome and the costs (both for construction and maintenance) would be astronomical.

The dynamics of the OB changed a lot when the Dolphins came to town. The facilities actually got an upgrade (paid for by Robbie) to NFL standards which in 1966 aren't what they are today. Even still, the U obviously benefitted from the upgrades at no cost to them. When the Dolphins left, the U and the city couldn't afford to keep the OB running on their own. As mentioned by @LPK2006, I'm surprised as well the U stayed as long as they did after the Phins left.

Never let them fool us, the money is always their in Miami somewhere, just depends on who thinks the purpose is worth it and since the take over been in full affect since the early 80's after the Mcduffie riots, the decision was basically made back than, but Uh Oh, hold up, we got a real revenue generating thing going, let's hold off til the time is right, and troll shalala was the final piece to that plan, took em awhile now they pricing everybody out, ***** em, we'll survive!

Advertisement
I would point out the sampling bias here, but there’s no chance a fool like you knows what sampling bias means.

Keep doing you, Rain Man.

As if sampling bias applies here.

You actually just proved you don’t understand the term, but threw it out anyway because you heard it once, and thought it sounded like it would be a sick burn. Funny.

Advertisement
As if sampling bias applies here.

You actually just proved you don’t understand the term, but threw it out anyway because you heard it once, and thought it sounded like it would be a sick burn. Funny.

Yeah it does apply, Rain Man. I’m feeling generous, so I’ll walk you through it.

You said people who go to the stadium to attend games don’t complain about the stadium.

You’re not considering the people who don’t go to the stadium because they don’t like the stadium. Those people are also fans.

Of course people who went out of their way to go to Hard Rock on a Saturday are going to give you a more positive opinion on the building, on average.

But that says nothing about the average Canes fan. That’s a sampling bias.

Now get off my nuts.

It's kind of like going back to the rental property you grew up in, only to have it run down and remodelled by meth addicts. This is in no way home anymore.

Possibly. The caveat would have been that the U would then incur ALL the expenses associated with the upkeep. I don't know that to be possible.

No, but you don’t know it to be impossible either.

What I know is that as a fan, I miss the Orange Bowl. We haven’t been the same program since.

City of Miami never did a F-ing thing for the OB.....Had a Cot **** HS Scoreboard forever....F-them....Fans literally standing in ****...****** concessions....F-them.....
8 SBs
A field that produced a Perfect team
A field that produced a 58-0 winning streak
A field that produced excellence....
But lets tear it down and build a F-ing erector set on Hallowed grounds.....smfh...

Advertisement
Back