Orange Bowl Stadium

RightSaidFred

Be cool, don’t be culo
We're going back to holy ground on Saturday. It's kind of ironic that the Miami Hurricanes are about to be the VISITING team at the site of the Orange Bowl, and the opposing coach is gonna be Butch Davis.

And here we are, 15 years after the old lady was defiled, and we have won absolutely zero since. Returning to the OB site kind of makes all of that hit home.

Here's what Manny Diaz had to say about that....

Going back to when the Orange Bowl was demolished in 2008, some fans have expressed displeasure at Miami ceding the site to the Marlins in the first place.

“You can’t tell someone how to feel,” Diaz said. “But time moves on. The Yankees are playing in a new stadium, Boston Garden isn’t there anymore… When the Canes are rolling and the city does what it does on a Saturday night, we can play anywhere (in the city) and it’s an advantage.”

So.... hold up. We're being coached by the SON of the man who tore down the Orange Bowl.... on the site of the Orange Bowl..... against the last great coach we had at the Orange Bowl.

And all this ************ can say is "...time moves on."

LMAO.

************ beats Louisville and now he thinks he can talk big an disrespect our past like that.

It ain't right. None of it.

Advertisement
We're going back to holy ground on Saturday. It's kind of ironic that the Miami Hurricanes are about to be the VISITING team at the site of the Orange Bowl, and the opposing coach is gonna be Butch Davis.

And here we are, 15 years after the old lady was defiled, and we have won absolutely zero since. Returning to the OB site kind of makes all of that hit home.

So.... hold up. We're being coached by the SON of the man who tore down the Orange Bowl.... on the site of the Orange Bowl..... against the last great coach we had at the Orange Bowl.

LMAO.

************ beats Louisville and now he thinks he can talk big an disrespect our past like that.

Jesus

We're going to a chunk of real estate where they put a billion dollar stadium up for a baseball team that draws less than a high school basketball game. There's nothing special about the place. The team and the fans are what make a place special.

Advertisement
giphy-1.gif

LMAO.

It's not fcking holy ground, it's a baseball stadium. And way to lay the tearing down of an old stadium that only Miami fans loved at the feet of one person. I miss what the team was in the OB and had some great times there, but the stadium itself? Well that magic would have worn off by now with all the losing we've done. And if you think the OB magic would have stopped the losing, look at our last game there.

Miami wins or loses on it's own merits, not where they play or what uniforms they wear. That's all excuses.

It's not fcking holy ground, it's a baseball stadium. And way to lay the tearing down of an old stadium that only Miami fans loved at the feet of one person. I miss what the team was in the OB and had some great times there, but the stadium itself? Well that magic would have worn off by now with all the losing we've done. And if you think the OB magic would have stopped the losing, look at our last game there.

Miami wins or loses on it's own merits, not where they play or what uniforms they wear. That's all excuses.

I love how the Hecht shills come out in droves when people speak truth to power.

Mayor Manny Diaz was all about tearing down the Orange Bowl.

Here's a little quote...

Sun Sentinel said:
"I think we need to look at that site" Miami Mayor Manny Diaz said Tuesday. "I think baseball would be good for Little Havana."

Diaz said he's been in "regular contact" with Major League Baseball since a ballpark financing plan reached with the team and county earlier this year stalled after the sides failed to secure state funding for the project.

We've gotten punished enough for it. I'm w/ Manny on this. Time moves on & it is time to move on.🙌

Advertisement

LMAO.

....and with this post you cement your standing as an idiot poster with nothing intelligent to say.

This is absolute nonsense punctuated with meaningless super-inflated hyperbole.

Like Manny or not, want him fired or think he has a shot, totally irrelevant to this. The guy gave a basically honest answer. He said you can’t tell people how to feel and added that if we’re rolling, it’s a crazy atmosphere wherever we play.

What about any of that is untrue?

Wear your idiot poster placard on your chest with pride

Last edited:
I love how the Hecht shills come out in droves when people speak truth to power.

Here's a little quote...
You're totally right. I'm paid by Miami athletics to come on here and defend them. Also true that because a guy said he thought tearing down the stadium was a good idea, he's the actual and sole reason the thing got torn down.

And even if you were right, so fcking what? You're telling me that stadium that was falling down when I first went there in 1990 would be going strong today? You're telling me that it matters? Because what, those teams were great because they played half their games in that particular building? Wasn't the talent, the coaching, the attitude. Nope, it was the building.

Oh, and writing dumb sht on the internet isn't "speaking truth to power".

Here's a little quote...

LOL.....speak “truth to power”

You're pulling out that hackneyed phrase to try to add some kind of fake gravitas to your imbecilic take?

You’re going into the CIS Hall of Fame of Idiot Posters with that one

Advertisement
Had many great times at the OB. 72 fins, almost 30 years of the Canes, the bad and great. That place was loud, people stomping on the metal floor, stadium swaying, looking over Miami. I miss that place. Just happy to have experienced it.

Likewise. Easily the best sporting venue I have every experienced, and the number is over 100.

Joe Robbie's annual offseason spat with the City of Miami was something I always recognized as more significant than locals preferred to believe. Once Robbie found cheap land and relocated to Miami Gardens it was a matter of time for the Orange Bowl. In some ways it is remarkable the end did not happen sooner, and the Canes remained there another two decades.

We have a contrived roof now, and play in an irrelevant location. The laughable location stands out more and more as I attend games elsewhere. I don't believe either football occupant will win a title in that building. You don't get rewarded for decisions of that caliber.

Let’s assume that we never permanently left that location. I think the likelihood is good that we would be playing in a new facility there.... a new OB. JMO

Advertisement
Let’s assume that we never permanently left that location. I think the likelihood is good that we would be playing in a new facility there.... a new OB. JMO

Maybe, but they should have renovated the old one while that was still possible. The place was part of what made Miami what we are. The Orange Bowl was part of our brand.

Advertisement
Back