Opponents records

I wonder what everyone else’s record is. Not having legitimate OOC schedules has to have everyone kinda like this.

Advertisement
I was so excited for season kickoff - and right now - I'm not feeling too comfortable with our last three opponents.

Just so glad we're burning some valuable, limited time having civics lessons.

What a crock of * * * * .
pat3.5redick and hoyacane wear their shorts backwards.

Advertisement
It’s as if you think nothing else can be done if the coaches show the players a 15 minute PowerPoint on government.

15 minutes? Really?

Came around a corner and found 25 enemy soldiers bathing in the creek - AK's on the bank.

Two minutes. And that's stretching it.

We all have limited time - in any endeavor worthwhile - every minute counts.

ND opponents thru 5 games have had a total of 7 wins. And UNC have 12 wins thru 4. They’ve really had a cupcake schedules.

Advertisement
First half of the season our opponents are 20-20 (Clemson 6-0 skews it a bit)

Second half of season our opponents are 16-11.

Our run defense will be very tested at VT and against UNC.
UNC will be the toughest game, best QB and ground game since Clemson, gotta score a lot.

No way Baker is stopping UNC's offense. Can't stop the run and will play soft coverage on their very skilled receivers. It's a disaster matchup. Only saving grace is that we should be able to score on them early and often.

Then our opponents up to UNC are 12-10.
Doable.

UNC has been hot and cold this year sandwiching in 2 lackluster games between three good ones.
Let them beat ND the week before coming down to see us on 12/5.

GT is not very good. Wake is not great either but did just beat VT.

I can’t get a feel for VT we could kill them or get killed unsure.

Advertisement
We just expect more than you that’s all. We also know when a coach/staff/player can’t get it done.

Are mopes negative ? Yep

Are they realists? Yep

Are they right? Yep
A pessimist is not the same as a realist. High expectations do not require one to be an insufferable douchebag about every topic every time because the team isn't dominating every opponent.

A realist enjoys the 5 victories and acknowledges the 1 loss.
A mope bytches that they didn't cover the spread or that they looked sloppy and got lucky and predicts failure.

A pessimist is not the same as a realist. High expectations do not require one to be an insufferable douchebag about every topic every time because the team isn't dominating every opponent.

A realist enjoys the 5 victories and acknowledges the 1 loss.
A mope bytches that they didn't cover the spread or that they looked sloppy and got lucky and predicts failure.

Well have we been wrong for the last 16-17 years? No we haven’t . We all told you about Coker, Shannon, Golden and Manny. You just fail to listen.

We are sloppy and when we played Clemson we got abused like a red headed step child. We told you so before the game but the pumpers just don’t get it. Yes we are 5-1 yes we have played 2 teams with a winning record . This might be the easiest schedule in years and we still aren’t elite.

That’s what we expect to be elite and when you think this team can do it well guess what you are WRONG.

Don’t care that we are negative, don’t care if it gets old we just figure it out way before you do. You know what gets old being an average football team in the best recruiting grounds on the planet.

Well have we been wrong for the last 16-17 years? No we haven’t . We all told you about Coker, Shannon, Golden and Manny. You just fail to listen.

We are sloppy and when we played Clemson we got abused like a red headed step child. We told you so before the game but the pumpers just don’t get it. Yes we are 5-1 yes we have played 2 teams with a winning record . This might be the easiest schedule in years and we still aren’t elite.

That’s what we expect to be elite and when you think this team can do it well guess what you are WRONG.

Don’t care that we are negative, don’t care if it gets old we just figure it out way before you do. You know what gets old being an average football team in the best recruiting grounds on the planet.
Have you enjoyed a single game in the last 16-17 years?

Just because you "know" a coach will not be the one to return to dominance doesn't mean that you can't enjoy a game or a 5-1 start to the season. I also noticed you stopped at Coker. Remember when you mopes were calling for Butch's head in 97? Where would we be if you mopes got your way?

You're petulant little children. You can't have what you want right now so you'll ruin it for everyone else with your tantrum.

Advertisement

Just because you "know" a coach will not be the one to return to dominance doesn't mean that you can't enjoy a game or a 5-1 start to the season. I also noticed you stopped at Coker. Remember when you mopes were calling for Butch's head in 97? Where would we be if you mopes got your way?

You're petulant little children. You can't have what you want right now so you'll ruin it for everyone else with your tantrum.

Not many! I didn’t include Richt either which I easily could have. You can leave because the mopes are here to stay my friend.

Visit UM will never be back and you will realize we are here until there is MAJOR change. Get used to it or just be bamboozled by the UM administration your choice.

Not many! I didn’t include Richt either which I easily could have. You can leave because the mopes are here to stay my friend.

Visit UM will never be back and you will realize we are here until there is MAJOR change. Get used to it or just be bamboozled by the UM administration your choice.
Is it not possible to think we won't be back without a major change and still enjoy Canes football? Because I've been doing that for quite some time now.

Mopes won't ever be happy.

Is it not possible to think we won't be back without a major change and still enjoy Canes football? Because I've been doing that for quite some time now.

Mopes won't ever be happy.

With the way things seem to be for the foreseeable future you’re right we aren’t going to be happy.

Here’s some advice they have this cool thing called the ignore button. So if you don’t want to have anyone come back to you and say we told you so I would use it.

I still think it's too early to judge Diaz bc at the end of the day he is still 5-1 in his 2nd season. I would be ecstatic at the beginning of the season if you had told me we would be 5-1 with the only loss being Clemson of course. The Louisville and FSU games brought unrealistic expectations to many others (myself included) because we thought these teams would be decent; heck, Lousiville was being heralded as a dark horse to maybe give Clemson a good game. Clearly, those teams are just not as good as advertised, but wins are wins.

What drives the mopes and realists alike is that we struggled to defeat a Pitt team on their 2nd and 3rd string QBs, and then somehow managed to look even worse against a UVA team who was 1-4 heading into the game and had one of the worst defenses in the ACC. Again, winning both those games were huge because if we had lost one of them, there's no doubt in my mind all of you (even the slurpers) would be calling for Manny's head. It's the fact that we haven't improved as the season has progressed - in fact the argument is there to say we've regressed since Clemson.

Now the good news is that even through regression, we still managed to win. The preseason goal of getting back to the ACCCG is still very much in our control, which would satisfy everyone on the board because it would equate to victories over Va Tech and UNC. What the realists are concerned about (including myself) is that the product that was displayed on the field vs. both Pitt and UVA will not be good enough to defeat UNC or VT; heck we might even be in a dog fight with a team like Wake or Nc St.

The team clearly has potential, but adjustments need to be made on both sides of the ball if we're going to win out. History says we won't adjust and it will bite us in the a$$, but for the sake of the Canes I very much hope I'm wrong and we obliterate everyone in our path.

One thing is for certain; sqeaking out a 3-6 pt win against an NC st team down to its 3rd string QB won't quiet the masses. At the same time, it would keep us alive for the goal set back in the Spring.

Advertisement
Back