Opinion on how to treat ex-Cane grad transfers

Advertisement
I think Perryman, Eddie Johnson, and Figueroa would have been a ridiculous lb core in 2014. Armbrister was solid that year but Figueroa would have been a true soph, Perryman senior and Johnson RS junior.

Every single Cane football player who has ever played for Miami is more Cane than any ‘Miami Hurricane fan’ could ever be. (To include but not limited to alumni, season ticket holders, multiple degree holders, and fans born/bred in Coral Gables/Miami/Dade/SFL/FL)

If you haven’t put your time in on Greentree then you’re being vicarious and have no platform from which to judge.

Linder, Odogwu, Edwards, Allison, Owens, etc. ... cool with me.

Exceptions to every rule. I get what you're saying and I love everything about his brother but I ain't applying an ounce of the respect you're describing here to Kevin Olsen.

Why the **** would you blacklist a kid who signed with The U and gave the school 4 years of his hard work? SMH

Some of you MF's get way too into your feelings over your favorite college football team.

You’re wrong. It would be saying that you’re more soldier than someone who fought in Vietnam but now doesn’t support the government or war, but you do.

It is what it is, you’re being vicarious. All that “bleed...” is BS to players.

I support players, not fans.

That was another terrible example and if you're going to be a smug prick then at least learn to use the word vicarious correctly.

Advertisement
Every single Cane football player who has ever played for Miami is more Cane than any ‘Miami Hurricane fan’ could ever be. (To include but not limited to alumni, season ticket holders, multiple degree holders, and fans born/bred in Coral Gables/Miami/Dade/SFL/FL)

If you haven’t put your time in on Greentree then you’re being vicarious and have no platform from which to judge.

Linder, Odogwu, Edwards, Allison, Owens, etc. ... cool with me.

This is where you are 100% wrong.

The fans are the progrum. Not the players or the corches or the AD or the admin.

The fans are are the progrum. Holds true for every sports franchise.

Why the **** would you blacklist a kid who signed with The U and gave the school 4 years of his hard work? SMH

Some of you MF's get way too into your feelings over your favorite college football team.

If you don't have any emotional investment as a fan then whats the fvckin point?

Jesus wept. If there were no fans there would be no teams.

Advertisement
The correct answer is we are supposed to hope they fail and repeat how much they sucked at Miami. For the year following their departure we make multiple threads ridiculing any poster who has/had high hopes for them succeeding.

And then later on, usually around April, if they make an nfl roster, we claim them again. But then if they don’t, it’s hit or miss.

If a player transfers due to lack of playing time, good for him. I don't worry about where they transfer. If he can't make the two-deep at Miami after a few years he likely not transferring to UF, FSU, ND, Ohio State or most other P5 schools. Good luck to him in Division 2.

I don't wish any departing player ill will unless they air dirty laundry on the program.

Last edited:
I seldom know when you’re joking or serious, but...

Fans were driving the program when while undefeated in 1986 the last game of the season only drew 40%?

From ‘86 to ‘91 Miami were 67-6 and yet in ‘92 after nearly a decade of domination, still had games where the OB was barely half full. And you want to give credit to the fans?

11-1 … 1986: avg attendance 67% of capacity; low 40%*, high 95%
12-0 … 1987: avg attendance 75% of capacity; low 49%, high 1.0%
11-1 … 1988: avg attendance 75% of capacity; low 51%, high 1.0% (1.05 Bowl game)
11-1 … 1989: avg attendance 68% of capacity; low 47%, high .75% (1.08 Bowl game)
10-2 … 1990: avg attendance 82% of capacity; low 67%, high 1.06%
12-0 … 1991: avg attendance 81% of capacity; low 54%, high 1.0%
11-1 … 1992: avg attendance 74% of capacity; low 55%, high 1.0%
9-3 … 1993: avg attendance 63% of capacity; low 45%, high 84%
*Last game of season while undefeated

Miami has diehards like anywhere, and I’m not trying to diminish their support for the program, but to then take the leap and say fans are responsible for the excellence Miami has had? Nope.

WGAF about attendance percentages?

I guarantee if the percentages were at 0% there would be NO team.

Fvckin ******. I always wondered why everyone around here thinks you are an idiot. Now I know.

I'll disengage now. Carry on son.

Advertisement
Didn't Linder dip out like a day before Fall practice leaving the team in a pretty precarious situation? Yeah he gets no love from me sorry. Everybody else is cool.

It’s only a terrible example to smug pricks who casually use words like asinine and then get their emotions bent out of place that people might not agree with them.

Some fans want to be more important than the players who actually practice and play the game - putting themselves in the place of players as the most important cog. You, from your outbursts, appear to be one. And, you’re not sure how to use vicarious.

It disingenuous to act like the fans are not the lifeblood of any program.

Advertisement
Someone like DJ Johnson is blacklisted. Someone like Gus Edwards who got passed up and was not looking at much playing time(how could he know Walton would be injured) and transfers for more playing time as a last resort to get playing time. I am buying him a drink.

If you don't have any emotional investment as a fan then whats the fvckin point?

Jesus wept. If there were no fans there would be no teams.

Blacklisting a kid who made the decision to sign with your team, spent 4 years busting his a$$ for the program, but then leaves to seek a better playing opportunity for his final year is douche-bag ****. That's not being emotionally invested, that's being a cornball super-fan tool. At the end of the day it's a kid. A kid who liked your beloved program enough to dedicate 4 years of his blood, sweat and tears to it. (which is more than 99% of fans have contributed)

Treat them the way they treat the U, if they make it to the league and on Monday night say what college there from....if its not the U then I dont know. Weird what school they would announce they are from on national TV. I say fuq em if they dont rep the U how can we rep them

if they chose to leave let them go... best of luck , anyone who would rather be somewhere else depletes energy - but no need to buy them a beer ,- focus on picking up a couple of transfers that want to come , compete and win !

Advertisement
Back