Opinion on how to treat ex-Cane grad transfers

canefrank

Redshirt Freshman
So how do we feel about kids like Gus Edwards, Linder, Odogwu, etc. that have graduated from the U, but transferred to play their 4th year of eligibility elsewhere? Do we buy them a beer and talk about the U? Or are they blacklisted?

Advertisement
For me its on a case by case basis, but all three mentioned could have been used here, Edwards with our RB situation could have helped (I know he was OK, but OK its better than nothing) The OL could have provided needed back up help and leadership. So in the 3 cases Im NOT BUYING them a beer!

Maybe it's just me, but you can't fault a kid for transferring once they graduate to get more PT. They're different than guys that just don't want to wait IMO.

Are you sure all those guys had graduated, I don't think so actually.

Maybe it's just me, but you can't fault a kid for transferring once they graduate to get more PT. They're different than guys that just don't want to wait IMO.

Are you sure all those guys had graduated, I don't think so actually.
I agree its a free country and each player must do whats best for them. I'm only asking do we considered them Canes?

Advertisement
I buy those guys a beer. Those guys had to do what was best for them. Not every prospect will develop in to UM quality.

Every single Cane football player who has ever played for Miami is more Cane than any ‘Miami Hurricane fan’ could ever be. (To include but not limited to alumni, season ticket holders, multiple degree holders, and fans born/bred in Coral Gables/Miami/Dade/SFL/FL)

If you haven’t put your time in on Greentree then you’re being vicarious and have no platform from which to judge.

Linder, Odogwu, Edwards, Allison, Owens, etc. ... cool with me.

I call bull**** on that. I know a ton of folks that bleed O & G just as much if not more than some players probably.
I've invested thousands of dollars and decades of devotion to the program and not because I was given a free education.

Advertisement
Most players that transfer aren't/weren't good in the first place so I could not care less. If you feel like you're never going to see the field at Miami and think that transferring to a smaller school will help your career, go for it.

Every single Cane football player who has ever played for Miami is more Cane than any ‘Miami Hurricane fan’ could ever be. (To include but not limited to alumni, season ticket holders, multiple degree holders, and fans born/bred in Coral Gables/Miami/Dade/SFL/FL)

If you haven’t put your time in on Greentree then you’re being vicarious and have no platform from which to judge.

Uhm, uh, no. You can disagree, but you can’t exactl call BS. (Well, you can but it doesn’t make sense...)

Again...those “bleeders” are living vicariously through the players who built The U mystique. Fans didn’t. Boosters didn’t. Players on Greentree did. All, that “invested…” don’t mean crap to scholarship players that know the team only supports them if they’re succeeding (if not they’re calling them jags, and saying they’re busts, and saying they’re undeserving of a scholarship...).

That's a good point actually, I see what you mean.

Advertisement

Your statement about "putting in time on Greentree" is asinine.

You either bleed Orange and Green or you don't.

Plenty of former players have neither an interest nor pride in being a Hurricane; those guys are certainly not more of a 'Cane than most alumni, season ticket holders, etc.

Advertisement

what are your thoughts on chad wilson?

They're cool with me, except for Gus. Not his fault, but I hate the guy because @blackvern wouldn't STFU about him.
tenor.gif

not Alex Figueroa lol

Advertisement
Back