Opening line UH

Advertisement
Auburn was up around the 9 minute mark and then not only couldn’t make a shot but put on a display of free throw shooting I have never seen. Houston likely still wins but if Auburn shoots a respectable free throw percentage it keeps that game closer longer.

Tough match up. We need a good start while the game settles in.

What concerns me most about Houston is their defense. They really get after people and speed them up. Miami likes to speed things up too. Can Houston deal with our pressuse is a question too.

Houston comes in averaging 75ppg at 46% and 34%. Thats good. But its nothing we haven't seen before.

They average 4 more boards than us as a team. Omier is individually a better rebounder than anyone on their team.

They have a slight height advantage at the forward spots but nothing that will alter the course of the game.

We are the better 3pt shooting team.

If the Canes nerves can handle the pressure, we will be right their in the end.

Advertisement
LMAO. I’m not even tryna be bias but houston has a better athlete at every position other than center than Miami does. Miami very well may win but it’s different when it’s in front of you. Sasser isn’t 100% still had 20+ against a better defense in auburn. It’ll be a long night for both teams but Houston is legit
Shead was banged up too but I assume both him and Sasser will be more than fine for Friday.

Norchad can have another amazing game, but I’m concerned with the others…he can’t box out their entire team lol. Honestly y’all don’t shoot too well at times but are so good at crashing the glass, it doesn’t matter. Miami’s path to success here is gang rebounding, speeding Houston up, Norchad not getting into foul trouble, AND Wong + Pack will have to hit some tough shots. Nothing will come easy.

LMAO. I’m not even tryna be bias but houston has a better athlete at every position other than center than Miami does. Miami very well may win but it’s different when it’s in front of you. Sasser isn’t 100% still had 20+ against a better defense in auburn. It’ll be a long night for both teams but Houston is legit
No they don’t.

Advertisement
Shead was banged up too but I assume both him and Sasser will be more than fine for Friday.

Norchad can have another amazing game, but I’m concerned with the others…he can’t box out their entire team lol. Honestly y’all don’t shoot too well at times but are so good at crashing the glass, it doesn’t matter. Miami’s path to success here is gang rebounding, speeding Houston up, Norchad not getting into foul trouble, AND Wong + Pack will have to hit some tough shots. Nothing will come easy.
Shead has tendinitis his injury will still be an issue but should be much better by Friday. I’m okay with him not taking any shots tho. It makes tramon have to take and make shots

Out of everyone left, IMO Houston is the worst possible draw for us. Texas is 2nd. Next weekend will be the toughest in the program’s history.

Even when Houston has an off night, they can really lock you up and either run with you or play a half court game. Their ceiling might not be as high as Bama, but their floor is higher than anybody left.

LoL, no they aren't. BFG, they boat raced a mediocre Auburn team in the second half. Auburn had no business being in the tournament. They were 4-9 in their last 13 SEC games.

No team is being disrespected more in this tournament than Miami. ESPN just reclassified the Sweet Sixteen and we come in #13. WTF

They really havent played anyone noteworthy all year. UVA was a proven fraud and they lost to Bama. We will be the 2nd best team they’ve played this year.

D9918311-810A-437D-826F-32EBCD259248.png

Advertisement
They really havent played anyone noteworthy all year. UVA was a proven fraud and they lost to Bama. We will be the 2nd best team they’ve played this year.

View attachment 233261
So I was looking into Houston last night and objectively, idk how they are a 1 seed (weak year up top).

Weak schedule, and like you said, UVA is their best win. Really nothing impressive after that.

Their tallest starter is 6'8.

They don't really shoot the 3 well. I believe their best shooter is at 35%.

So basically this is an undersized defensive gritty team.

Definitely a winnable game from what I see and think they are being overhyped a lot.

So I was looking into Houston last night and objectively, idk how they are a 1 seed (weak year up top).

Weak schedule, and like you said, UVA is their best win. Really nothing impressive after that.

Their tallest starter is 6'8.

They don't really shoot the 3 well. I believe their best shooter is at 35%.

So basically this is an undersized defensive gritty team.

Definitely a winnable game from what I see and think they are being overhyped a lot.
Admittedly how much basketball do you watch? And be honest cause only casuals come away with this take

Advertisement
Y’all are about to make me sound like a Gonzaga fan. You play who you play in the regular season. Postseason success over the last few shows y’all are talking nuts. Miami made the elite 8 last season and that’s fire. Houston been going deep a while here now

Admittedly how much basketball do you watch? And be honest cause only casuals come away with this take
I’ve watched plenty of ball, they are not the ‘96 Bulls. Took a dog fight to beat 16 seed Northern Kentucky and were down 10+ to Auburn before they completely collapsed and missed countless free throws.

Theyre a very talented team but so are we.

Key will be if we can run our offense against Houston's very disruptive defense. Houston's D is better than Drake's and we struggled with getting decent shots in that one.

Advertisement
Back