Opening line UH

Houston scares me more than anyone in the tournament. They’re just like us.. scrappy, aggressive, fast, play with an edge. Might be the most exciting game of the entire tournament matchup wise
Then I guess we should not show up,.. OR.. show the *** up and be scrappier, more aggressive, play faster with an edge like a ***ing Samurai sword. 🙌🏽 #GOCANESNATION

Advertisement
So I was looking into Houston last night and objectively, idk how they are a 1 seed (weak year up top).

Weak schedule, and like you said, UVA is their best win. Really nothing impressive after that.

Their tallest starter is 6'8.

They don't really shoot the 3 well. I believe their best shooter is at 35%.

So basically this is an undersized defensive gritty team.

Definitely a winnable game from what I see and think they are being overhyped a lot.

Admittedly how much basketball do you watch? And be honest cause only casuals come away with this take
Nice gritty team. I stick to thinking they were way overhyped. Seems like my comment about weak year uo top was spot on also (no 1 seeds survived past sweet 16).

Nice gritty team. I stick to thinking they were way overhyped. Seems like my comment about weak year uo top was spot on also (no 1 seeds survived past sweet 16).

Nailed it.

Its really hard to overstate how completely f-ing stupid the over-reliance on metric based rankings systems is.

Houston boat raced a lot of mid teams… which is what makes them a metric darling.

Meanwhile they played in a conference where they just didn’t compete with the kind of athletes and basketball players day in and day out that the “down” ACC features on a nightly basis.

I’m more worried about Texas than Houston tbh… but this team can beat anyone if they bring the effort and intensity of the last two games.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back