Opener

Don't know what to expect from you guys in the opener. From what I can tell it's largely the same team that we slaughtered a couple months ago minus some starters plus Duke Johnson.

If Shawn Watson, who ran one of the most vanilla offenses in the history of organized football, can manage 36 points on your defense then it'll be a long day for your guys come August. Petrino wants this game BAD and with it being the only game on TV on Labor Day the whole city will be fired up. The only question mark is our defense which is learning a new scheme, but to be honest we lined up with 3-4 and 3-3-5 to go along with our base 4-3 last year so it won't be entirely new to them. If we can keep Duke from going off and force your OC to rely on the passing game it'll get ugly pretty quick. The good news for us is that we don't need an exceptional defense with Petrino calling the plays as we found out from his first stint here.

My prediction is Louisville 49 Miami 31, but to be honest it's way too early to say anything for sure.

That's what you don't understand. Force us to rely on our passing game to your detriment. Coley is uncover-able. Dorsett, Lewis and Waters( who missed the Bowl game) are back healthy.. Gauging by your spring game your secondary sucks.
Add to that you guys are transitioning to a 3-4 and things will get ugly for UL.

Miami 43 UL 24

Advertisement
If we smash the birds then we will go undefeated.

I will be shocked if win. I will be stunned if we win by more than 4.

Cardinalfan123, DJohnson hung 97 yds on FSU's D before his 3rd qtr injury. You're right to point him out. He will be the key to the game. My money is on him rushing for 130 or more and in the process opening up the play action midrange throws.

As for your O, I think replacing Bridgewater will be much harder than you think. Shawn Watson didn't kill us Bridgewater did. I think we hang 40 on you guys and welcome you to the acc.

Will Gardner threw for over 500 yards in our spring game. I'm not worried about him in the least. He may not have Brigewater's intangibles but then again he doesn't need to. Petrino has a weird way of extracting every ounce of talent out of every player. Along with a solid QB we've got 5/6 of our top WRs and 3/4 of our running backs. We've also upgraded our OL coach which was the weakest unit on last year's offense.

I also don't understand how you think your offense, which loses a four year starter at QB along with various pieces, will score 40 on the same team it could only muster 9 against in December. Duke Johnson is good but he alone isn't worth 31 points.

You SOB, you have a real good point there.

Petrino is one **** of a coach. **

How's it feel? It's been so long here, I almost can't remember.

** He can't ride a motorcycle for siht, but he can coach an offense.

Don't know what to expect from you guys in the opener. From what I can tell it's largely the same team that we slaughtered a couple months ago minus some starters plus Duke Johnson.

If Shawn Watson, who ran one of the most vanilla offenses in the history of organized football, can manage 36 points on your defense then it'll be a long day for your guys come August. Petrino wants this game BAD and with it being the only game on TV on Labor Day the whole city will be fired up. The only question mark is our defense which is learning a new scheme, but to be honest we lined up with 3-4 and 3-3-5 to go along with our base 4-3 last year so it won't be entirely new to them. If we can keep Duke from going off and force your OC to rely on the passing game it'll get ugly pretty quick. The good news for us is that we don't need an exceptional defense with Petrino calling the plays as we found out from his first stint here.

My prediction is Louisville 49 Miami 31, but to be honest it's way too early to say anything for sure.

That's what you don't understand. Force us to rely on our passing game to your detriment. Coley is uncover-able. Dorsett, Lewis and Waters( who missed the Bowl game) are back healthy.. Gauging by your spring game your secondary sucks.
Add to that you guys are transitioning to a 3-4 and things will get ugly for UL.

Miami 43 UL 24

Exactly. I really hope the Cards think they are about to face the same Canes offense they embarrassed in the RAB. It will get out of hand real quick.

There are a lot of wrinkles that have changed from both squads. Honestly, we will not be sure where we are until 3-4 games into the season regardless of what happens Labor Day.

Miami 43 UL 24

Exactly. I really hope the Cards think they are about to face the same Canes offense they embarrassed in the RAB. It will get out of hand real quick.

Advertisement
There are a lot of wrinkles that have changed from both squads. Honestly, we will not be sure where we are until 3-4 games into the season regardless of what happens Labor Day.

Miami 43 UL 24

LouisvilleMD, to get a feeling how of how things have changed, imagine if in last years bowl game UL was without Teddy Bridgewater and Miami had Duke Johnson. Miami wins comfortably.
Thats basically what you have come next labor day.

It's not that simple. Gardner has tools. It isn't like we are replacing him with the waterboy. We have a nice stable of backs also...actually loaded with them. Our game plan will be sound. We just took two transfers to address our saftey depth. Linebackers should be as good as last year.

Petrino is a great coach...all depends on how much he can get across by Labor Day.

Miami 43 UL 24

LouisvilleMD, to get a feeling how of how things have changed, imagine if in last years bowl game UL was without Teddy Bridgewater and Miami had Duke Johnson. Miami wins comfortably.

It's not that simple. Gardner has tools. It isn't like we are replacing him with the waterboy. We have a nice stable of backs also...actually loaded with them. Our game plan will be sound. We just took two transfers to address our saftey depth. Linebackers should be as good as last year.

Petrino is a great coach...all depends on how much he can get across by Labor Day.

Miami 43 UL 24

Now you see some of the delusions we have to deal with all the time here. Yes sir. You have a good coach, and his gameplan will be sound. Dammit.

Miami 43 UL 24

Dallas Crawford and Gus Edwards, both who replaced Duke Johnson, also had tools. Much good it did the team in the bowl game.
You'll soon find out that having "Tools" is not enough.. Can Gardner carry a team, can he will them to a win, can he make the critical play when needed. Usually young pups like Gardner in their first game usually can't.. Think of Bridgewater in his first game. Despite him having "Tools, more so than whatever Gardner has, looked lost.
And we don't even know if Gardner will be the starter come labor day night.. But everything will be ok cause UL will have a "sound plan".

Advertisement

1. Gardner may have the tools, but you just brought in another JUCO QB who is eligible to compete for the starting job. Not sure why one would wait till AFTER spring to bring in another QB other than the team is not 100% sold on Gardner.

2. Your safety transfers include Josh Harvey Clemons who is NOT eligible for 2014 (our game). I wouldn't rely him as depth this season.

Some of yall a bunch of HO** , really olsen cant be any worst than morris was , morris was god awful in that bowl game **** i wanted him to get pulled for RW, not just the bowl game he was awful and alot of games, and now duke being back and a completely new defense WITHOUT Highsmith and Rodgers yes that makes it a completely new defense we basically had two back up high school safetys playing back there we gon be fine come sept 1

Some of yall a bunch of HO** , really olsen cant be any worst than morris was , morris was god awful in that bowl game **** i wanted him to get pulled for RW, not just the bowl game he was awful and alot of games, and now duke being back and a completely new defense WITHOUT Highsmith and Rodgers yes that makes it a completely new defense we basically had two back up high school safetys playing back there we gon be fine come sept 1

way too positive for here thats a no no

1. Gardner may have the tools, but you just brought in another JUCO QB who is eligible to compete for the starting job. Not sure why one would wait till AFTER spring to bring in another QB other than the team is not 100% sold on Gardner.

2. Your safety transfers include Josh Harvey Clemons who is NOT eligible for 2014 (our game). I wouldn't rely him as depth this season.

JUCO kid isn't going to start at L'ville. Anyone who thinks that has to be half way disabled.

He's gonna probably run 1-2 series a game with a different (wildcat/read option style) offense to throw teams off balance. It will probably be devastating to Dorito's D.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back