only team in FBS in top 5 yards per play on both off & def

Advertisement
Yards per play is the most meaningless stat in defensive football. If you can't understand why, I can't help you, bc I don't feel like typing it out for the 10th time.

Advertisement
Yards per play is the most meaningless stat in defensive football. If you can't understand why, I can't help you, bc I don't feel like typing it out for the 10th time.

This. See Ga Tech and Nebraska gutting us for 5+ yards a play right down the field. And our response, stick with the same bend (and ultimately break) defense perpetuating the 5+ yards per play.

we are also 6-3

We also got beat bad by a GT team that got beat by two teams we steam-rolled. The transitive property isn't reliable in football, but how does that work?

exactly its called corching....Al had no faith in Kayya at UL..and went into bend dont break with Neb and Gt...the banners flew and what do you know we play MAN...increased pressure..etc...it was like he told Mark...**** these fans go blitz and play man and watch us get blown out...well well...so far the best 3 games these two have coached here

Advertisement
we are also 6-3

God **** Gamineal...that has got to be my all-time favorite avatar!!!

seriously. who is that?
7ffbd904b4e1a032477705d12cc84c8a.jpg

I agree with your comment, but I'm going to take is as hyperbole. I wouldn't say it's the most meaningless stat--it has it's utility. Yards per play is better than total yards, in my opinion.

If your team's offense is an uptempo passing attack, all your games are going to be considerably lengthened and you're going to play a ton of extra snaps. The same goes for the opposite. If your team's offense is fully committed to ball control, then all your games will be considerably shortened and your defense will rarely be on the field.

Yards per play also take into account your schedule. [insert above analysis for you opponents' offenses]

The king defensive stat category, in my opinion, is scoring defense. I'll save my breath to explain that one. Above all, any responsible analyst/coach would need to consider multiple factors. There's no need to be speaking in absolutes with this stuff. It's not a black and white issue.

but according to Corch D... yards don't matter so his defense is top 10 in something he's explicitly not trying to do?

Advertisement
we are also 6-3

We also got beat bad by a GT team that got beat by two teams we steam-rolled. The transitive property isn't reliable in football, but how does that work?

exactly its called corching....Al had no faith in Kayya at UL..and went into bend dont break with Neb and Gt...the banners flew and what do you know we play MAN...increased pressure..etc...it was like he told Mark...**** these fans go blitz and play man and watch us get blown out...well well...so far the best 3 games these two have coached here

We played zone 29 times against VT and man 6 times. We blitzed around 50% which is the same as we have all year.

we are also 6-3

We played zone 29 times against VT and man 6 times. We blitzed around 50% which is the same as we have all year.

Where are you getting these stats from?

I've seen you post them in multiple threads.

Advertisement
wonder which former Cane got into the coaching staff's ear to make them finally play defense to the best of our talent's abilities

we are also 6-3

Now THERE'S some stats fo yo ***.

But nobody is really interested in stuff like that.

That rather just say things.

Advertisement
Back