Only Five states have In N Out Burger

I'm surprised no one has brought up Burgerfi. My Daughter worked there and they do a really high quality job. Grind their one meat (sirloin, brisket, chuck), cut their own fries, etc. I really like their product. Their burgers rock it. 5 Guys I find greasy, the burger lacks flavor, and the fries are limp.

Advertisement
Fair enough. Like I said Rubio’s is OK; I’ll even give you solid. But with all the great choices out here, I hope it’s not your only taste of Baja when you make it back this way.
I rarely get back to SD any more... usually its SLC.

And now they have Hodad’s at Petco Park. They also have Cardiff Crack, Lucha Libre, Phil’s BBQ, Pizza Port, and more.

The Padres still suck, but the food and drink concessions at Petco are the best I’ve ever had at a pro sports venue.
The garlic fries are legit

I'd go to BurgerFi again before In-N-Out too. Can't believe how fast BurgerFi has expanded. I remember going when they first opened in Lauderdale.

Advertisement
Just had first In-N-Out Burger on the drive from San Antonio to Austin yesterday to fly back. It was outstanding, but I thought the fries were weak.

Been to all those states on business but never tried any of those burgers.

I do remember a late night drunk eating run for some Krystals (God knows where, maybe even Florida).

A high bread to burger ratio, but not bad. Of course this was after a night of drinking and ****y bar whoring, so probably anything would have tasted good.

Advertisement

Attachments

• 6CC6C6EB-A197-4BAE-B548-D3D3F32D0AD7.jpeg
    6CC6C6EB-A197-4BAE-B548-D3D3F32D0AD7.jpeg
    65.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Absolutely. I love Whataburger. Always stop on drives back and forth from Las Vegas. Unfortunately the closest ones to Miami are in Jacksonville. But I hit those when in town for Players Championship golf.
That’s the only good thing about going to Trailerhassee. The Whataburger next to Doak is one of the best.

Here's what happens...even though "ground central" for American burger joints is California, and even though the owner of In N Out gives money to Republicans, SOMEHOW because In N Out refuses to freeze the meat and expand eastward, right-wing nutjobs equate In N Out with liberals and choose to hate it, slam it every chance they get, and champion Whataburger (Texas-based) or Five Guys (Virginia-based).

Ridiculous.

Shake Shack is the best, In N Out is second-best, Fatburger is third-best, it doesn't matter how you vote in elections. 5 Guys, Whataburger, Burger Fi, and Smashburger are just on the next level below those three.

And people have to be honest about french fries, some outlets of ANY chain ***** them up with old oil or they let them sit too long. The only places I've ever been that have consistently consistent fries have been Shake Shack and McDonalds. And, no, putting "extra fries" or shaking Cajun spice in the bag does not improve the situation.

PS, if you don't like chains, go to Lokal in the Grove. Or Teak in Orlando.

Been to all those states on business but never tried any of those burgers.

I do remember a late night drunk eating run for some Krystals (God knows where, maybe even Florida).

A high bread to burger ratio, but not bad. Of course this was after a night of drinking and ****y bar whoring, so probably anything would have tasted good.
In a pinch, Double Kystals make up for the high bread ratio. Limited options where I'm at. We've got a couple of local places that make up for not having chain restaurants.

Advertisement
Steak and Shake still hits the spot on a drunken night. Not sure how many states they still operate in though.

Advertisement
Burger Fi has awesome fries for burgers I am telling you guys you need to check out MEAT when in Boca or in the keys.

This is hilarious
7 pages of this
At least we don’t have any vegan homos complaining about us liking hamburgers ....from whatever joint you prefer!!

I used to think that, but have been here ten years and I like it. It is an acquired taste, imho. Not my favorite burger, but I still think it's pretty good.

Too close too Hardee's/Carl's Jr trash for my liking- especially after all the hype.

@Poptimus is right about Texas Toast making anything exponentially better though.

Advertisement
Back