ONLY 2 schools that can end the monopoly

Agree with your statement but this has to happen. The states of Florida, Louisiana and Texas have to keep their better players in state. Bama cannot survive relying on a roster with 80% From the state of Alabama

Advertisement
We would need to get kids like Jeudy and Leatherwood for this to even become a remote possibility.

I think a lot of people are misunderstanding what the op is saying by dethroning Alabama. It does not mean beat them once or stop them from winning a title. Sure Ohio state and Clemson could possibly do that this year, but Bama will still get all the recruits and be back in the playoffs for the foreseeable future.

What he means is destroy their dynasty. Why USC and Miami can do that is because of their cities and recruiting areas. Bama has winning and coaching that leads the best players to them. But if Miami or USC is winning as well those top recruits will go to those places over Bama, and Bama will go back to good but not great.

Agree with your statement but this has to happen. The states of Florida, Louisiana and Texas have to keep their better players in state. Bama cannot survive relying on a roster with 80% From the state of Alabama

Exactly. It all starts with recruiting. If im in cahrge of the bags at Miami, I make sure Leatherwood doesnt leave the state. Sometimes a couple elite players is the difference.

We would need to get kids like Jeudy and Leatherwood for this to even become a remote possibility.

Those are the types we need. Game changers. I think we need to show player development has changed under Richt. Players probably still scared off of what Golden did

Advertisement
I think a lot of people are misunderstanding what the op is saying by dethroning Alabama. It does not mean beat them once or stop them from winning a title. Sure Ohio state and Clemson could possibly do that this year, but Bama will still get all the recruits and be back in the playoffs for the foreseeable future.

What he means is destroy their dynasty. Why USC and Miami can do that is because of their cities and recruiting areas. Bama has winning and coaching that leads the best players to them. But if Miami or USC is winning as well those top recruits will go to those places over Bama, and Bama will go back to good but not great.

THANK YOU SIR!

what makes alabama great is their national recruiting, they'll go in to Louisiana and take their best offensive linemen, go to Iowa get their top offensive linemen, go to virginia get their best defensive linemen, dip in to florida take their top receivers or defensive backs etc etc. they have top high school talent from all over the country almost made up like a pro team, that place is a machine recruiting itself the only thing that's gonna stop them is an ncaa scandal or saban's retirement.

We will dethrone them, FACT! The writing is on the wall

Total homer talk..

we haven't even won a division title since joining ACC over a decade ago..

there is nothing that shows we are close to being in the top 5..

this coaching staff shows some promise but we have been there before

Advertisement
Miami, SC and TEX seem like the right candidates. I might throw Clemson in there because Dabo has built a juggernaught and they were better than BAMA last year, IMO. I can for sure tell you it won't be VT, UNC or Louisville!!

I think Dabo is the next coach for Alabama if Saban ever retires. So who knows if Clemson can keep things rolling if he leaves.

Bama has the best coaching staff and resources in the nation. Until another school gets a better coaching staff and resources, they won't dethrone Bama. It has nothing to do qith locations. This isn't 1989 and recruiting is nationwide now not local anymore. You'll never keep all the South Florida kids because every school in the nation recruits them. Miami and USC aren't close t I having the best coaching staff nor resources. So no, there's a lot of other schools that can top Bama before us. (Once Nick retired that is)

Advertisement
Bama has the best coaching staff and resources in the nation. Until another school gets a better coaching staff and resources, they won't dethrone Bama. It has nothing to do qith locations. This isn't 1989 and recruiting is nationwide now not local anymore. You'll never keep all the South Florida kids because every school in the nation recruits them. Miami and USC aren't close t I having the best coaching staff nor resources. So no, there's a lot of other schools that can top Bama before us. (Once Nick retired that is)

I guess off your analysis were screwed. Thanks Ms. Cleo

I guess off your analysis were screwed. Thanks Ms. Cleo

And based off yours it's 1987. Thanks Mr. Feeny

Advertisement
OSU can unseat them.

Doubt it. Urban got his one and will be done soon. It is his history. If he goes to ND next, he will pick up another, maybe two. I agree that most likely to replace Bama are The U and USC. The schools with real deal history of dominance are Bama, OU, Miami and USC. ND days for that are way way back. They had brief run to win one -- we all remember that. NE has some nice days but not in the class of the big 4. I really don't not think UT will do anything other than jump up and maybe win one NC.

I'm afraid Alabama will stay on top as long as Saban is still there.

Alabama has 5 5-Star players committed in this recruiting class. Miami has signed 5 5-Star players it's last 9 classes. Get to work Mr. Richt!

No one school will dethrone Bama.

If Michigan, OSU, Texas, USC, FSU and Miami could all be top ten teams at the same time for more than a year, Bama would be nowhere near the team they are today.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back