One thing about this staff....

This Stanford senior class was the 47th rated recruiting class when they came in, fwiw.

Advertisement
I'm fairly certain Luck had offers from SEC schools. In fact, I'm CERTAIN he had an offer from Bama. Swag would know more than I would on this situation,but wasn't Luck like a top 5 QB recruit?

Rivals - 4star, #4 Pro-Style QB in the nation
Scout - 5star, #4 Pro-Style QB in the nation

Everyone in Texas knew he was a bad ***. He won the state 7on7 tournament prior to his senior year with a group of whitebread WRs against a field of ultra-athletic "urban" schools. His school didn't have a lot of success before or after. He limited his recruiting interest to schools like Stanford, Rice, Northwestern, Purdue, and Virginia long before his senior year started and committed to Stanford the summer before his senior year. There's a reason he could afford to skip the draft last year and ignore 'football power' schools - parents are loaded. Had he had a 'regular' recruitment where he pursued "football power" schools he could've easily gone just about anywhere he wanted.

These are the schools who offered before Christmas of his JUNIOR year:
Texas A&M, Northwestern, Purdue, LSU, Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Baylor, Duke, and Nebraska

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back