One thing about this staff....

How tall is that Mathieu guy? Their LB's are all under 230. And their D Line is puny. But these guys zoom all over the field and hit the **** out of you. Fast and aggressive is what I want.

Undersized D? Undersized compared to Bama's? Yes

LSU's DBs are as big as our LB's man. Dont even kid yourself.

There's only ONE little guy on that D, and he's just a ******* baller.

Advertisement
Mathieu is just a baller regardless of size

All their LBers are under 230 huh? Well all our LBers are under 220. **** most of them are under 215

Their Dline is small? Smaller than 260LB Ojomo? Smaller than 6' 235 pound Marcus Robinson? Smaller than 215 pound Spence? Luckily Spence is just a maniac, but notice how many times he's out of a play as soon as a blocker is on him

Their CB's make Mcgee look like a sick dog.

Not to mention LSU actually got pushed around all night and it was Bama's bigger D that did their thing. Bama just missed 4 FG's and ran a dumb wildcat play to ruin things.

We need bigger men PERIOD. Chick and Perryman are balling out this year...why you say? Bcuz Chick and Perrymen look like ******* men as True Freshmen.We cant have this 195 pound freshmen Lber **** anymore. They can be fast as ****, but once a TE/OL gets a hold of them.......

I like that they're trusting their own evaluations and it this point we may not be in it for many more elite prospects so they're trying to fill positions of need. I will wait to pass judgement when I see these kids on the field.

Nah, the Randy Slurpers just made there way over here thats all. He started another thread already about Goldens recruiting LULZ

Randy's the only guy that I've seen that would take a blue chip player and throw him in the dog house on day one.

McGee has all the tools to be a top notch CB. He's virtually identical (height, weight) to LSU's corners. Bama has some beastly corners though. Both Barron and Kirkpatrick are like 6'2" - 6'3". And you can't compare our DLine now to what our DLine would have been with Fortson/Porter/Smith rotating at tackle with Vernon/Ojomo/MRob/Chickillo at end. That's a pretty stout group, notwithstanding the lack of production and depth issues.

All their LBers are under 230 huh? Well all our LBers are under 220. **** most of them are under 215

Their Dline is small? Smaller than 260LB Ojomo? Smaller than 6' 235 pound Marcus Robinson? Smaller than 215 pound Spence? Luckily Spence is just a maniac, but notice how many times he's out of a play as soon as a blocker is on him

Not to mention LSU actually got pushed around all night and it was Bama's bigger D that did their thing. Bama just missed 4 FG's and ran a dumb wildcat play to ruin things.

We need bigger men PERIOD. Chick and Perryman are balling out this year...why you say? Bcuz Chick and Perrymen look like ******* men as True Freshmen.We cant have this 195 pound freshmen Lber **** anymore. They can be fast as ****, but once a TE/OL gets a hold of them.......

Advertisement
i'm sure they were evaluated, but when you have two weeks til signing day it you couldn't have put the same amount of thought into that evaluation.

Nonsense. Waiting gives you more time to evaluate and also allows you to wait on higher rated guys on yur board. You post makes no sense.

Last edited:
McGee has all the tools to be a top notch CB. He's virtually identical (height, weight) to LSU's corners. Bama has some beastly corners though. Both Barron and Kirkpatrick are like 6'2" - 6'3". And you can't compare our DLine now to what our DLine would have been with Fortson/Porter/Smith rotating at tackle with Vernon/Ojomo/MRob/Chickillo at end. That's a pretty stout group, notwithstanding the lack of production and depth issues.

For the first time this season, I was actually impressed by a couple of plays that McGee made. He came up and made som nice tackles, lets hope the light comes on for this kid, we need it.

Robinson is 255. Ojomo is 270. mcGee weighs more that BOTH lsu cb's. Spence is 225, Futch is 235, Gaines is 220. Compare that to 215 Stefon Francois and that is the first of many examples of how far off the above quoted post is.

Robinson is 255. Ojomo is 270. mcGee weighs more that BOTH lsu cb's. Spence is 225, Futch is 235, Gaines is 220. Compare that to 215 Stefon Francois and that is the first of many examples of how far off the above quoted post is.

LOL @ Spence weighing 225 coome on man. Have you seen some of our players this season? Cookie looked like a safety. When did MRob gain 20 pounds? Ojomo was 260 to start this season. SMH

There is a difference between us inflating their weights to list them and how much they actually weigh.

We are small on D. Very small.

Advertisement
Regardless of what LSU's working with, Golden has stated that he's looking for guys that meet his "HWS" (height-weight-standard or something like that).

My guess is he wants to get bigger so he can use multiple fronts. Hard to give 3-4 looks when your ILBs are 215 lbs or whatever.

Are people really making determinations about this staff 9 months in regarding targeting and development?

Ridiculous...

Regardless of what LSU's working with, Golden has stated that he's looking for guys that meet his "HWS" (height-weight-standard or something like that).

My guess is he wants to get bigger so he can use multiple fronts. Hard to give 3-4 looks when your ILBs are 215 lbs or whatever.

This. You look at Paul and Perryman and they are already 225. Eddie Johnson is a big boy and all the LB's for 2012 are 215+ in highschool

Advertisement
Lets just say I'll be comparing Jones, Carter, and Southward's careers to Amari Cooper

True. Wasnt Amari being considered here as a corner? Im not sure what happened. Malcom Lewis should also be compared if we arent after him.

This. You look at Paul and Perryman and they are already 225. Eddie Johnson is a big boy and all the LB's for 2012 are 215+ in highschool

Stop making up chit to support your argument. Every week these players weight more and more. Perryman is 215 tops. Golden Himself said Ojomo is 270 or so right now and should be 280 plus by next year (wqam).

Stop making up chit to support your argument. Every week these players weight more and more. Perryman is 215 tops. Golden Himself said Ojomo is 270 or so right now and should be 280 plus by next year (wqam).

So you're telling me a true freshman Perryman weighs 215 while Senior Sean Spence weighs 220? Senior Cookie weighs 215/220?

So Perryman is gonna weigh 215 all the way thru huh? Hmmm. I figured a 17 year old boy would weigh 230 by the time he's a junior. But I guess you're right. MOAR 215 pound LBers while the rest of the ACC pushes our **** in with 215 WR's and QBs!!!

Paul is already bigger than Spence and Cookie. Perryman weighs about the same as the two.....he's 17/18 year old kid. Eddie Johnson is bigger than even Futch is right now. Keith ******* Brown is bigger than Spence, Cookie, Gaines, etc......

We are small. Very small. Then the size we do have at LB were being experimented at Safety by Randy. And the other safety we have was being wasted at QB. Then the corner we have is now starting at safety (Jojo)

We are small. Period. We get pushed around A LOT.

no need arguing with you becasue the head man's actions point to me owning your **** on this topic. Bigger LB's, bigger DE's, Big boy DT's.

Advertisement
So you're telling me a true freshman Perryman weighs 215 while Senior Sean Spence weighs 220? Senior Cookie weighs 215/220?

So Perryman is gonna weigh 215 all the way thru huh? Hmmm. I figured a 17 year old boy would weigh 230 by the time he's a junior. But I guess you're right. MOAR 215 pound LBers while the rest of the ACC pushes our **** in with 215 WR's and QBs!!!

Paul is already bigger than Spence and Cookie. Perryman weighs about the same as the two.....he's 17/18 year old kid. Eddie Johnson is bigger than even Futch is right now. Keith ******* Brown is bigger than Spence, Cookie, Gaines, etc......

We are small. Very small. Then the size we do have at LB were being experimented at Safety by Randy. And the other safety we have was being wasted at QB. Then the corner we have is now starting at safety (Jojo)

We are small. Period. We get pushed around A LOT.

no need arguing with you becasue the head man's actions point to me owning your **** on this topic. Bigger LB's, bigger DE's, Big boy DT's.

Is it coincedence? brown and Perryman were coming here reagrdless. was Shannon goin bigger? Don't know. Don't care. Yea, Golden's DT recruit is huge. So is 215 lb DE Dawayne Hoillet.

If you wanna say we need to recruit stronger players then whatever but saying we need to get bigger is dumb. We aren't losing games b/c we aren't big enough.

You guys forget that most recruits are not as big coming in as they are when they are starting as juniors and seniors. Most of the reason guys are small isn't because we recruit small guys it's because the weight room ethic and workout ethic wasn't there under Shannon. You can see visibly that JH12 looks bigger and stronger among others. I have no problem recruiting a 200lb linebacker as long as they are willing to put in the time to become faster and stronger in the offseason and during the season. There are freaks that come out of every class like chik but you don't find those every year cuz there are only a handfull. What we need is guys who don't have the egos that the Northwestern kids came in with thinking they are papis and then they got their **** kicked in cuz they didn't want to put in the work to be great. We need guys who have the attributes and the attitude to work hard and want to work to be great.

Also for those of you saying we are taking players that don't have impressive offers from other schools go look up Andrew Lucks offers out of high school. I'm not saying every guy out there who is under rated will turn into luck, but he's one of a ton of examples of guys who had the attributes and attitude but were undersized, or to slow, or not pretty enough for the sec of big 10 or ACC; and when they get their shot they work hard and become good to great players. Plus need I remind you of some of those guys who had it all, most recently Aurthur Brown who came in as a 5star, and did nothing. I rather take hard workers willing to put in the work rather than just the all 5stars cuz that's what we have taken over the past couple of years and very few panned out at Miami. We have always won with talent that was rough and players others didnt really want from the 80s to the 90s and even the early 2000s and miamis coaching and ability to get players who could work and play together is what made Miami great not just all the top talentcomming out of high school.

You guys forget that most recruits are not as big coming in as they are when they are starting as juniors and seniors. Most of the reason guys are small isn't because we recruit small guys it's because the weight room ethic and workout ethic wasn't there under Shannon. You can see visibly that JH12 looks bigger and stronger among others. I have no problem recruiting a 200lb linebacker as long as they are willing to put in the time to become faster and stronger in the offseason and during the season. There are freaks that come out of every class like chik but you don't find those every year cuz there are only a handfull. What we need is guys who don't have the egos that the Northwestern kids came in with thinking they are papis and then they got their **** kicked in cuz they didn't want to put in the work to be great. We need guys who have the attributes and the attitude to work hard and want to work to be great.

Also for those of you saying we are taking players that don't have impressive offers from other schools go look up Andrew Lucks offers out of high school. I'm not saying every guy out there who is under rated will turn into luck, but he's one of a ton of examples of guys who had the attributes and attitude but were undersized, or to slow, or not pretty enough for the sec of big 10 or ACC; and when they get their shot they work hard and become good to great players. Plus need I remind you of some of those guys who had it all, most recently Aurthur Brown who came in as a 5star, and did nothing. I rather take hard workers willing to put in the work rather than just the all 5stars cuz that's what we have taken over the past couple of years and very few panned out at Miami. We have always won with talent that was rough and players others didnt really want from the 80s to the 90s and even the early 2000s and miamis coaching and ability to get players who could work and play together is what made Miami great not just all the top talentcomming out of high school.

I'm fairly certain Luck had offers from SEC schools. In fact, I'm CERTAIN he had an offer from Bama. Swag would know more than I would on this situation,but wasn't Luck like a top 5 QB recruit?

Advertisement
Back