One Portal DT Away

Go get the very best big DT out there plus a stud RB to be the guy then get me the best FS type to start.

Go get 1 or 2 solid CBs for depth most likely 1 year rentals. Then see what's out there in terms of pass rushing DE and WR and if the right type is available then pounce and if not we are ok.

Advertisement
Marley Cook and Thomas Gore in Mario’s office asking him to believe in them this Fall

the wizard of oz dancing GIF
If we don't hit on a big DT this portal then at least one of the freshmen will need to step up this season.

If this staff can land a quality portal DT in the 6-3, 6-4, 310 - 320 range, this team will have playoff level size and depth up front (big pause)

1. Portal DT
2. C.J. Clark RSR 6-3 305
3. Ahmad Moten RSO 6-3 325
4. Josh Horton RFR 6-4 295
5. Justin Scott FR 6-4 310
6. Artavius Jone FR 6-3 305

This will give the staff the flexibility the be very creative upfront with different packages.

Big DE's (guys who can play inside and outside, inside in the NASCAR and outside in both goal line and 3-3-5)
1. Jared Harrison-Hunte 6th RSR 6-4 285
2. Anthony Campbell RSR 6-7 300 (According to D-Money he has received some 1st team reps this spring)
3. Akheem Mesidor RJR 6-3 280
4. Rueben Bain, Jr. SO 6-3 275
5. Armondo Blount FR 6-2 310 (According to the updated roster)

The question is who will that portal DT be.

Top 3 of who I would like to see this staff throw a bag at and land (I'm talking Cam type money if necessary)
1. Deone Walker 6-6 350 Kentucky
2. Derrick Harmon 6-5 320 Michigan St
3. Tyleik Williams 6-3 330 Ohio State

One of those 3 guys will take the defense to another level. Who do you think we go after?
You’re missing Marley Cook who’s a 300 pound beast. I’ll take another sure! But Harrison Hunte is a DT and if Blount is 6-2 310 so is he. Need secondary, running back, and another receiver and vet backer to me are just as if not more important

You’re missing Marley Cook who’s a 300 pound beast. I’ll take another sure! But Harrison Hunte is a DT and if Blount is 6-2 310 so is he. Need secondary, running back, and another receiver and vet backer to me are just as if not more important
I was only talking about the guys who are 6-3 or taller and between 295 - 325

I’m curious how much, if any NIL money they have allotted for a possible DT transfer. Also, how they plan to clear roster space for an 11th DT. If they’re in the mix for another transfer, you have to assume at least two current guys are on the way out.

Advertisement

Cook is getting cooked in practice, these UM olinemen are not the ones he played against 2 yrs ago were he put on a DT clinic. He is struggling against the better competition, despite be a "Mike Mamula "workout warrior.

Go Canes

If this staff can land a quality portal DT in the 6-3, 6-4, 310 - 320 range, this team will have playoff level size and depth up front (big pause)

1. Portal DT
2. C.J. Clark RSR 6-3 305
3. Ahmad Moten RSO 6-3 325
4. Josh Horton RFR 6-4 295
5. Justin Scott FR 6-4 310
6. Artavius Jone FR 6-3 305

This will give the staff the flexibility the be very creative upfront with different packages.

Big DE's (guys who can play inside and outside, inside in the NASCAR and outside in both goal line and 3-3-5)
1. Jared Harrison-Hunte 6th RSR 6-4 285
2. Anthony Campbell RSR 6-7 300 (According to D-Money he has received some 1st team reps this spring)
3. Akheem Mesidor RJR 6-3 280
4. Rueben Bain, Jr. SO 6-3 275
5. Armondo Blount FR 6-2 310 (According to the updated roster)

The question is who will that portal DT be.

Top 3 of who I would like to see this staff throw a bag at and land (I'm talking Cam type money if necessary)
1. Deone Walker 6-6 350 Kentucky
2. Derrick Harmon 6-5 320 Michigan St
3. Tyleik Williams 6-3 330 Ohio State

One of those 3 guys will take the defense to another level. Who do you think we go after?

W need a DT but rest assure there will be no Cam Ward level spending into it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Cook is getting cooked in practice, these UM olinemen are not the ones he played against 2 yrs ago were he put on a DT clinic. He is struggling against the better competition, despite be a "Mike Mamula "workout warrior.

Go Canes
Word! I’m all for another DT. Just looking at running back we need someone DB we do also. But that’s tough to hear about Cook

Go get the very best big DT out there plus a stud RB to be the guy then get me the best FS type to start.

Go get 1 or 2 solid CBs for depth most likely 1 year rentals. Then see what's out there in terms of pass rushing DE and WR and if the right type is available then pounce and if not we are ok.
What part of finite resources/money are you not clear? Expectations need to be temper

Advertisement
What part of finite resources/money are you not clear? Expectations need to be temper
Also it’s been proven we can try and overpay for a player and they still tell us to kick rocks, especially a portal DT that’s going to go SEC or OSU

Also it’s been proven we can try and overpay for a player and they still tell us to kick rocks, especially a portal DT that’s going to go SEC or OSU
I think they will go RB/DT first on the allocation of resources. I could be wrong but expecting 3 quality impact players is unreal for me until proven otherwise.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back