One name to track who has a decision to make

Advertisement
Idk the tiers of how our NIL players were last year but I know Dmoney has alluded to us needing 4+ DTs this needs to be one of them…

This is where NIL needs to step in and someone can show him the difference one round in the draft makes.

Advertisement
In the past we've seen guys leave, not get drafted high, and disappear on practice squads. Grass isn't always greener. Getting NIL to stay and develop and improve draft stock is better than when there was no NIL. In the end the player has to make the best decision for themselves.

The thing that really helps 2016 is the early commitment of QB Jack Allison. QB's usually stick and with him in the bag, the skill guys are gonna wanna play with him. Now if we can get Gibson somehow this year then this class might get decent. Irvin and Johnson I think are coming but ya never know.

Scarlett is coming. If Walton stays in the '16 class then I think we can keep Williams, Cronkite, and Scarlett with Williams being an athlete playing reciever and running back. Cronkite only wants two running backs in this class so it's important that Walton maybe stays in his class. Williams seems to be on board with the athlete role.

Recruiting.. . trending up

Now if this ************ would fix the god **** defense, we might be able to recruit DT's

Advertisement
If after 5 years we dont have a replacement for JHH then we have bigger issues with recruiter who cant coach than I thought..
Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

" A chance to get drafted" and getting guaranteed NIL $ are different
You really think JHH is making big time NIL money? There's no way.

Getting drafted and having a chance to get to that second contract faster is a DIFFERENT ceiling than guaranteed NIL.

You really think JHH is making big time NIL money? There's no way.

Getting drafted and having a chance to get to that second contract faster is a DIFFERENT ceiling than guaranteed NIL.
NIL $ is a guarantee regardless of amount and gives players another year to polish. Nothing is guaranteed in the league unless you are high profile

Advertisement
NIL $ is a guarantee regardless of amount and gives players another year to polish. Nothing is guaranteed in the league unless you are high profile
That rookie signing bonus is guaranteed. If he's going to get drafted he'd be stupid to stay.

That rookie signing bonus is guaranteed. If he's going to get drafted he'd be stupid to stay.
I'm very knowledgeable about NFL contacts especially rookies. They are solely based on being drafted. If he wasn't drafted he could slip between the cracks and find himself searching for a team/ practice squad. His talent is NFL worthy imo but so are a lot of other players fighting to make a roster. A man could support himself and his family on a 50-90k min NiL deal GUARANTEED and allow himself to polish his skills to be sure to get that rookie guarantee

A 7th rnd pick gets a signing bonus of around $100k. He can probably get that in NIL which would be guaranteed and allow a chance to improve his status. There is no guarantee he would get drafted if he came out this year though

Advertisement
A 7th rnd pick gets a signing bonus of around $100k. He can probably get that in NIL which would be guaranteed and allow a chance to improve his status. There is no guarantee he would get drafted if he came out this year though

He'd get more NIL that 7th rd guarantees if he stayed. The real question is if he could grade out as a 5th rounder. Anything below that makes no sense to leave if he's still showing improvement, which he is. IMO.

I'm very knowledgeable about NFL contacts especially rookies. They are solely based on being drafted. If he wasn't drafted he could slip between the cracks and find himself searching for a team/ practice squad. His talent is NFL worthy imo but so are a lot of other players fighting to make a roster. A man could support himself and his family on a 50-90k min NiL deal GUARANTEED and allow himself to polish his skills to be sure to get that rookie guarantee
The thing you are both ignoring is a 6th-year college prospect doesn't dramatically improve his draft status. He is unlikely to shoot up draft boards coming back. Shoot, we better go into the portal and find a better DT with or without JHH, otherwise we're screwed.

I'm basing my opinion of the original post from Ariz. If he has a 'serious chance to get drafted' he should go and we should have no hard feelings for him. If he does get drafted, he will make more guaranteed money than what he stands to make from NIL.

He'd get more NIL that 7th rd guarantees if he stayed. The real question is if he could grade out as a 5th rounder. Anything below that makes no sense to leave if he's still showing improvement, which he is. IMO.
So you think JHH makes more than 100k in NIL?

Name the last guy that left Miami early as a 5th round or worse potential draft pick that stayed in the league for more than a cup of coffee.

Advertisement
Back