On3 launching Canes site July 1

It was a combo platter of things. One (general) complaint was that Gary was always grubbing for money, including the infamous "breakfast tailgate" that he sponsored and charged us way too much for.

As for the content, he was just very heavy-handed in his censorship, and not just "profanity" or something objectively problematic, he had issues with anyone having information he didn't have or discussing things when he wanted to be the big-dog that everyone looked up to.

One specific item that bothered people, as well, was when he buddied up to the Yahoo writer who did the overblown "expose" on Nevin Shapiro. But there were plenty of other things, large and small. I just mentioned (above) that he wouldn't even let me post the Furman logo. It was insane.

And then don't even get me started on the RCT/Hurricane Mutiny exodus, when he threatened to sue a bunch of us.

Fvck the Fur Man.

Thanks for the info.

I'm pretty much a junkie for Canes (and College Football) coverage, but if the publisher of the site ain't right and doesn't do a good job ... then, ****, why bother

Advertisement
It was a combo platter of things. One (general) complaint was that Gary was always grubbing for money, including the infamous "breakfast tailgate" that he sponsored and charged us way too much for.

As for the content, he was just very heavy-handed in his censorship, and not just "profanity" or something objectively problematic, he had issues with anyone having information he didn't have or discussing things when he wanted to be the big-dog that everyone looked up to.

One specific item that bothered people, as well, was when he buddied up to the Yahoo writer who did the overblown "expose" on Nevin Shapiro. But there were plenty of other things, large and small. I just mentioned (above) that he wouldn't even let me post the Furman logo. It was insane.

And then don't even get me started on the RCT/Hurricane Mutiny exodus, when he threatened to sue a bunch of us.

Fvck the Fur Man.

To piggyback on that post, he really had an issue with anyone who ever questioned anything he posted. I knew a few recruits or their family and after one dumb story he posted, I had had enough. I called his *** out with past bs as well as the current article.

He has a history of flat out lying or jumping the gun with poor sources. The last straw for me was outright lies that he attributed to a direct interview and said interview never happened. The family was ****ed and while it wasn't the deciding factor on him going elsewhere, that particular recruit did. They wouldn't talk to him after and they did think someone at the Hecht was feeding him bull**** for whatever reason. Trust was gone.

I don't know if he's improved or mellowed out with age, maybe he has. Last recruit I knew and knew the family of was AR82. He posted some bull**** about him, but luckily we still got his signature. Now I'm just a dad and a fan like everyone else here.

To piggyback on that post, he really had an issue with anyone who ever questioned anything he posted. I knew a few recruits or their family and after one dumb story he posted, I had had enough. I called his *** out with past bs as well as the current article.

He has a history of flat out lying or jumping the gun with poor sources. The last straw for me was outright lies that he attributed to a direct interview and said interview never happened. The family was ****ed and while it wasn't the deciding factor on him going elsewhere, that particular recruit did. They wouldn't talk to him after and they did think someone at the Hecht was feeding him bull**** for whatever reason. Trust was gone.

I don't know if he's improved or mellowed out with age, maybe he has. Last recruit I knew and knew the family of was AR82. He posted some bull**** about him, but luckily we still got his signature. Now I'm just a dad and a fan like everyone else here.
Thanks for the info

I really do miss ****ing him off and then having @Dr.L.ThugU or @Big Pimpin Cane negotiate my return.

Advertisement
MiamiChris, you must be an OG like me! Those were great days on the site over there!
Grassy was the first ever Canes Sight I followed. Bakas was the plug back in the day. Those are the good ole days. I remember I first found out about 9/11 reading Grassy checking on recruiting news that day.

I was going to join until I read the fine print:

"Any subscription purchased on a promotion and canceled prior to 60 days of the renewal date shall be converted to a full-price subscription and will terminate when the "paid for" non-promotional period has ended. For example, if a user purchases an annual subscription to an On3 product under the promotional subscription offering of $10 for 1-year (the "Discounted Subscription" price). This user's subscription shall automatically renew at full price on the first-anniversary date at the full annual subscription price of $99.99. If this user cancels anytime 60 days before the first-anniversary date, this subscription will expire after 1 month and 6 days. Therefore, any Discounted Subscription canceled after 1 month and 6 days or 60 days before the first-anniversary date, the user's subscription shall terminate immediately. If the subscription is canceled before 1 month and 6 days, the subscription shall expire 1 month and 7 days from the initial purchase date."

English please?

Advertisement

"Any subscription purchased on a promotion and canceled prior to 60 days of the renewal date shall be converted to a full-price subscription and will terminate when the "paid for" non-promotional period has ended. For example, if a user purchases an annual subscription to an On3 product under the promotional subscription offering of $10 for 1-year (the "Discounted Subscription" price). This user's subscription shall automatically renew at full price on the first-anniversary date at the full annual subscription price of $99.99. If this user cancels anytime 60 days before the first-anniversary date, this subscription will expire after 1 month and 6 days. Therefore, any Discounted Subscription canceled after 1 month and 6 days or 60 days before the first-anniversary date, the user's subscription shall terminate immediately. If the subscription is canceled before 1 month and 6 days, the subscription shall expire 1 month and 7 days from the initial purchase date."

English please?

Guess will find out. I just cancelled a year promotion that was due to renew in August. Hope they don’t charge me $99.99.

With Gary Ferman managing the UM site there’s no telling. I spent years on Rivals because I didn’t know any better. That dude is unbearable and silences half the comments if it goes against anything he says. He’s like a power hungry Oompa Loompa.
Oompa Loompas have a catchy song though

single GIF

Advertisement

English please?

What in the holy fūck was all that gobbledygook?

Dude you‘re dead on. I’ve called him out too many times to count for straight up lying. Especially during the Mario negotiations and the last few weeks of Mannys time.

I had people sending me articles with straight up lunacy in them, it was like reading the script from a fictional tv show. He was changing the narratives / stories every few days to just give an ” update “. Even though I kept posting there was nothing to update. Manny / Blake was being fired and Mario would be the guy minus a huge issue. That was the story for over a couple months and I stuck with that.

These pay sites have customers who want updates or news even if there is nothing to share. So they just lie and make up bs to feel in the time. That’ll get them by a few more days.

Theres nothing wrong with saying “there’s nothing new to report“. After all that I lost what little respect I had for those guys.

If you trust your info or sources ride with what you have. Changing it every time the wind blows makes you look full of crap. Caring more about not being wrong versus being right .

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back