On The Record

WaterburyCane

🐳 🐳 🐳
Premium
Gentlemen, we are in the final week of the Manny Diaz era. I think we can all agree that's reason to celebrate. A lot of good points and arguments have been made on various coaches as to why they should be the choice. I appreciate all the opinions and stats. The AD right now is THE most important decision. So while we clench our cheeks every time D$ and Cribby drop what they hear, lets play AD. Id love to hear where everyone is putting their final flag in the sand on their personal pecking order of coaches ON THE RECORD where there is no hiding. Time to drop your sac on the table and show your cards.

Im not adding folks like Cambell or Fickell. Those guys would send us right to voicemail. Im only going with candidates I think would pick up the phone and at least hear us out. It seems apparent that its Mario's job unless he says no, but fun to play superfan. Either way, I hope smarter people than me are making the decision and that its made on well thought out criteria.

After weighing Pro's/Cons and putting value on risk/reward, here is what Im going with:

1. Freeze: I dont see us having the sac to call him, but if we did he would take our call so he was in my mix and when I think about risk/reward I think he would be my #1.

2. Mark Stoops

3. Aranda

4. Lane

5. Mario

My wild card: Tom Herman. I just cant decide where he fits in my pecking order

I guarantee each of our lists would shift if we knew who their staff would be. Mario to me has the potential biggest pendulum arc with that information.

There is a very thin margin between all of these candidates. Im on record as saying that based on the state of our program, we should consider ourselves lucky and fortunate to get any one of these coaches and I'll be excited to support any of them. Go ahead and bust my balls or bump this in 3 years. My balls are already numb from the past 20 years.

Advertisement
Oh No 90S GIF by Acorn TV

Advertisement
On the record.
This sht is getting old.
All good bro. I figured there would be snarky comments without actually adding their list. Lot of comments these past few weeks of supporting or bashing a coach. Thought it would be good to get it out in the open. Carry on.

Advertisement
For me, given that fickell isn't an option he would be #1

1. Mario
2. Freeze
3. Lane/ Aranda
4. the rest

My rationale is that when you recruit like a monster, you might just be a OC/DC or QB away from a title like LSU. It's a lot harder to do when there's a talent gaps on the roster and you're strictly relying on out scheming people. So give me the roster builder first.

Last edited:
the "coach X would kill it at Miami ... I want HIM !" fantasy mental *********ion game has been played for almost 20 years now.
when you have an admin that has no interest in an elite football program ..... this is all that is left.

Advertisement
1. Aranda
2. Stoops
3. Kiffin
4. Cristobal
5. Herman
6. Freeze (with Miami's history with the NCAA I don't want a guy who has past recruiting violations associated with him, a great coach though)

For me, given that fickell isn't an option he would be #1

1. Mario
2. Freeze
3. Lane/ Aranda
4. the rest

My rationale is that when you recruit like a monster, you might just be an OC or DC away from a title like LSU. It's a lot harder to do when there's a talent gaps on the roster and you're strictly relying on out scheming people. So give me the roster builder first.
Fickell is my nbr. 1 too... BUT... IF Lane/Aranda is a Package Deal, and we get both, I'll definitely accept that.

the "coach X would kill it at Miami ... I want HIM !" fantasy mental *********ion game has been played for almost 20 years now.
when you have an admin that has no interest in an elite football program ..... this is all that is left.
Agreed. That is why the AD hire, and a true commitment to the program with finances and infrastructure/support is more important. If these chuckleheads in charge can do that, then you can insert any of these coaches and we would see more success than we have been used too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back